Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Y314K

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep, you can come to IRC to pick it up if you really want it...but it has memory issues, use at own risk...

Cool... Guess I'll keep R626 for now till next version... Is there a place where peeps post probs with the beta.... Haven't found the probs tread for R631 over at the source page ???

JSchloegel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it still recommended to have separate partitions for the emunand and wiiflow? Since DM wants the GC isos on the first partition I will need to increase the size of it. If I'm doing that I was wondering, should I just make it all one partition again? Thanks!

Second question. I'm trying to get WW/VC games working through the emunand. First problem was fixed when I switched from Game Save to Full. Now, it hangs at the needing Classic Controller message. Any ideas, or do I need to provide more information? Thanks.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I asked the same thing a while back, never really got an answer so I started testing save game emulation and game launching with nand emulation myself, all seems well, I've tested many games so I don't think it's a pre-requesite anymore.

I've tested large save games like SSBB, Pikmin, Kirby, Another Code-R, COD: Black Ops, and launched lots of WiiWare as well, Escape Vektor, Cave Story, Dr. Mario, Military Madness, LIlt Line etc.. again no real issues besides a rare black screen. A reboot and re-launch and things booted back up just fine.

I'm not saying it's going to be 100% ok for you, but it's worked well in my experience. I pretty much kept things they way I had them with 2 partitions and extended the FAT32 partition for Dios-Mios as well. Maybe [member='fix94'] has some feedback for us on the best partition setup for the latest WiiFlow.

Reactions: 2 people

JSchloegel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked the same thing a while back, never really got an answer so I started testing save game emulation and game launching with nand emulation myself, all seems well, I've tested many games so I don't think it's a pre-requesite anymore.

I've tested large save games like SSBB, Pikmin, Kirby, Another Code-R, COD: Black Ops, and launched lots of WiiWare as well, Escape Vektor, Cave Story, Dr. Mario, Military Madness, LIlt Line etc.. again no real issues besides a rare black screen. A reboot and re-launch and things booted back up just fine.

I'm not saying it's going to be 100% ok for you, but it's worked well in my experience. I pretty much kept things they way I had them with 2 partitions and extended the FAT32 partition for Dios-Mios as well. Maybe [member='fix94'] has some feedback for us on the best partition setup for the latest WiiFlow.

Thanks, this does help a bit. First I'll try shrinking partition 2/extending partition 1 and if that doesn't work then I'll go with plan b, move the Wii games off and wipe.

I am hoping for input from the man himself, mr fix94, about what is now the ideal setup. Otherwise we will keep having people set it up ala wiiflowiki which I feel is a bit outdated. Thanks again for the response!

iguanadon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep, you can come to IRC to pick it up if you really want it...but it has memory issues, use at own risk...

Yeah, compiled and black screen first load then code dump code dump code dump :-) back on public release

But of course I did no trouble shooting, had to go to work.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Thanks, this does help a bit. First I'll try shrinking partition 2/extending partition 1 and if that doesn't work then I'll go with plan b, move the Wii games off and wipe.
I am hoping for input from the man himself, mr fix94, about what is now the ideal setup. Otherwise we will keep having people set it up ala wiiflowiki which I feel is a bit outdated. Thanks again for the response!
Actually, I think [member='overjoy'] would be the dev who's an expert in that part. He'd be the one to ask.

JSchloegel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I think [member='overjoy'] would be the dev who's an expert in that part. He'd be the one to ask.

Ok, should I send him a PM or wait for a response here? I expect that there are others who lurk and are watching to see how this resolves.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Haha, lurking me?

Anyway it seems that one big FAT32 partition, formatted wit 32KB clustersize is the most preferred (because program's like NEEK and DiosMios require that) at the moment, and Wiiflow (

Reactions: 1 person

Damian666

Coder from Hell
Trophies
Website
damian666.16mb.com
XP
Country
Netherlands

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
That's a great idea, lord knows I get tired of having to re-do my ini settings all the time lol

yeah, im planning to let the program save your favorite settings, so when ya reset the file, you press load preferences, and boom, it writes all your favorite settings, well, thats the idea, still need the damn info >.<

edit: seems http://code.google.c...low/wiiflow.ini is outdated?
I could start putting together a small list of the options that haven't been updated by asking in IRC; submit a rough draft to be reviewed by someone knowledgeable in IRC to see if everything's correct, then finalize it and give it to you.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
i am sure FIX reads this also..
I know he does, but I'm sure Fix can spend his time doing things more worthwhile like fixing bugs and shit ;) Last person to update the ini integers was [member='Yardape8000'](where the helk is he by the way), let's go ahead and update it if we can. I'd really like to have my ini settings set up be as automated as possible.

Damian666

Coder from Hell
Trophies
Website
damian666.16mb.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
well, do it, i can easely do the program, as long as its a PC prog, i am game, if i would have to do it on the wii... no xd

ill start allready and make the framework for it :)

edit: this is the easy part :P

WiiflowEditor.png

Reactions: 2 people

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
well, do it, i can easely do the program, as long as its a PC prog, i am game, if i would have to do it on the wii... no xd

WiiflowEditor.png
Even if you wanted to just get an existing, default WiiFlow.ini that WiiFlow creates and start by just adding the options to the GUI using the names present in the INI itself that would be a start. You could assume if it says "yes" or "no" a check box would do the trick, radio buttons for numbers and a text field for anything else. The names for the fields could be changed later to something more descriptive once you know what it means. Same goes for the numbered options.

EDIT : You'll have to include code to parse it in the final version by all means so you could just use a modified version of that code to automate the procass of creating the list of fields for you to start with. You could even use something like this in the final version to populate the list of fields and then have it rename the ones it recognizes to the custom, more descriptive names you chose later. That way when new options are added in WiiFlow, they will automatically be caught and added by the app.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

WiiflowEditor.png
Even if you wanted to just get an existing, default WiiFlow.ini that WiiFlow creates and start by just adding the options to the GUI using the names present in the INI itself that would be a start. You could assume if it says "yes" or "no" a check box would do the trick, radio buttons for numbers and a text field for anything else. The names for the fields could be changed later to something more descriptive once you know what it means. Same goes for the numbered options.

EDIT : You'll have to include code to parse it in the final version by all means so you could just use a modified version of that code to automate the procass of creating the list of fields for you to start with. You could even use something like this in the final version to populate the list of fields and then have it rename the ones it recognizes to the custom, more descriptive names you chose later. That way when new options are added in WiiFlow, they will automatically be caught and added by the app.

Looking forward to this, it'll make theming alot easier. If I may suggest, whenever you get the specifics figured out, it'd be nice if a separate window popped up with the wiiflow gui, allowing you to see how everything looks as you edit. Keep up the good work, man :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol