Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just set "video_setting" to 0 in the DML section in your wiiflow.ini, I also wrote that into the big changelog in r590 on google code...

Reactions: 1 person

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using rev607 but I am unable to change the NAND section to USB it remains at NAND (can't use channels I've installed on USB1). This is really strange as my Wii games on my USB have full NAND emulation enabled and it's working. I have my full NAND dumped on my USB drive so I can't think of why it's doing this.

i too have the problem with channels on usb1 nand, nand(nand) works but not the nandemu from usb.
r606 for now

*ok new info,

copied nandemu from /willfow/nandemu to /nand/
changed wiiflow.ini to reflect this change, now nand(usb1) works ...dang ADHD haha spoke too soon.
as in "works" I mean covers will now display, but games black screen.

now to ponder
i have this same problem.( at this moment in time, i stiil use neek2o). i remember it being some thing to the effect of the way nands are built,for use on neek2o.an the called upon when running the nands.(fs (?)) that could be the wrong one. haven't tried since i asked. but i think/thought it was one of the things fixed by Overjoy/fixa94. thats why wiiflow can be used in neek2o now (?). i'm still using v65 an they are up to v80 i think now.(yeah i know, it's the old rev but it still works for me does what i need it to.)

EDIT for fixa94, I know there is an update or new rev coming out.?. just thought i would ask. Is there a way to say, put a music file in side a theme(?). an play for background.
new theme i'm working on, to go with the main menu. (csm theme) . this theme is for having fun. B-)
6gixz7.png

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using rev607 but I am unable to change the NAND section to USB it remains at NAND (can't use channels I've installed on USB1). This is really strange as my Wii games on my USB have full NAND emulation enabled and it's working. I have my full NAND dumped on my USB drive so I can't think of why it's doing this.

i too have the problem with channels on usb1 nand, nand(nand) works but not the nandemu from usb.
r606 for now

*ok new info,

changed wiiflow.ini to reflect this change, now nand(usb1) works ...dang ADHD haha spoke too soon.

now to ponder
i have this same problem.( at this moment in time, i stiil use neek2o). i remember it being some thing to the effect of the way nands are built,for use on neek2o.an the called upon when running the nands.(fs (?)) that could be the wrong one. haven't tried since i asked. but i think/thought it was one of the things fixed by Overjoy/fixa94. thats why wiiflow can be used in neek2o now (?). i'm still using v65 an they are up to v80 i think now.(yeah i know, it's the old rev but it still works for me does what i need it to.)

EDIT for fixa94, I know there is an update or new rev coming out.?. just thought i would ask. Is there a way to say, put a music file in side a theme(?). an play for background.
new theme i'm working on, to go with the main menu. (csm theme) . this theme is for having fun. B-)
6gixz7.png
try putting a 'music' folder inside the 'theme' folder and put you song in there. never tried this but i know wiiflow looks for music in that folder. you may have to remove any songs you have in the wiiflow/music folder - don't know for sure - never tried it.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

r606 for now

*ok new info,

now to ponder

6gixz7.png
try putting a 'music' folder inside the 'theme' folder and put you song in there. never tried this but i know wiiflow looks for music in that folder. you may have to remove any songs you have in the wiiflow/music folder - don't know for sure - never tried it.
well i know it picks up .wav files.( that's what is used for sounds.). i was thinking of putting the wav file in like the rest. an loading off that.( but having the sound way down, so if anyone has their own mp3's playing it will not cancel those out.) thanks for the help.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
How to make WiiFlow THE ultimate loader:

Part 1: Bugs to fix
A. Shortcuts and the Homebrew mode:
we have 5 modes and 4 direction in D-Pad, in each mode 1 direction is unused (ex. up in Wiimode, down in GCmode, right in Nandmode, Left in Emumode), homebrew shortcut can be used by pressing this unused direction;
this way all modes can be accessed from all modes
B. Homebrew Cache, should display proper icon by fixing cache file length
C. Master System in emulators (at least for me doesn't work) either use GenplusGX-v1.5 or fix v1.6.1
D. Some Wii Games and Wiiware don't work (see part "2")
E. When a Emulator is selected by using the filter, all roms cannot be seen again unless we go to setting>plugins in EmuMode, even after restarting Wiiflow. All roms should be the default

Part 2: Features to add
A. Icon Flow. see all your icons flowing and see the banner in full screen when an icon is pressed. Of course we can select icon or cover flow from options and make a dedicated iconflow view modes.
B. Add neekbooter to launch Wiiware in Neek environment (PL3 has this feature) this will increase compatibility to ~100% for Wiiware/VC
C. Same as B but for Wii Games ex. Tintin only works with Neek, adding neek environment can allow launching the game directly from wiiflow
D. Of course the above 2 features require an Emulated nand on SD or USB so Wiiflow should be able to create or at least extract the Nand.
E. Add more emulators like Mame, NeoGeo, C64, Amiga & DS
F. Incorporate a savegame manager.

I'm not a coder but I have these ideas, some might be crazy but I'm sure someday they'll all be available.
Have a nice day :)
Wow this was 2 months ago.
Thanks to Fix94 and Wiiflow devs many features are now a reality:
Cache issues, shortcuts, source menu, Banner support, Hermes cIOS support, new wait logo, up to date emulators... to name a few :P

Glimpse into the future: (features in random order)
1. New emulators
2. Neekbooter
3. return to emunand mode after running a wiiware
4. icon support/iconflow
5. custom png for absent covers especially for each plugin (using magic number) and optionally for Wii/GC/Wiiware/Homebrew
6. Online banner download
7. Option to disable/enable banners
8. Do the dishes and clean the house and save planet earth from global warming :)
Abz

D

Dork

WiiFlow r603 and up broke Quadforce, I get a black screen whenever I attempt to launch Mario Kart GP 1 & 2. Works just fine on r601, probably has to do with DM2.2.

MrKill

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow this was 2 months ago.
Thanks to Fix94 and Wiiflow devs many features are now a reality:
Cache issues, shortcuts, source menu, Banner support, Hermes cIOS support, new wait logo, up to date emulators... to name a few :P

Glimpse into the future: (features in random order)
1. New emulators
2. Neekbooter
3. return to emunand mode after running a wiiware
4. icon support/iconflow
5. custom png for absent covers especially for each plugin (using magic number) and optionally for Wii/GC/Wiiware/Homebrew
6. Online banner download
7. Option to disable/enable banners
8. Do the dishes and clean the house and save planet earth from global warming :)
Abz
I would add the option class by favorites our roms. I understand the fact that they dont have ID like Gamecube and wii, so it could be hard to code, but it would be very usefull.

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Using rev607 but I am unable to change the NAND section to USB it remains at NAND (can't use channels I've installed on USB1). This is really strange as my Wii games on my USB have full NAND emulation enabled and it's working.
Sounds like the problem with my NAND dumped on SD.

I can enable full NAND emulation, most of my Wii games on USB have savegame emulation enabled and it works... but when I change the NAND section to SD (so I can use the channels), the screen with the large disable nand emulation button appears not NAND [SD] coverflow.

I have NAND [NAND] coverflow working (clicking the disable nand emulation button) or NAND [USB] coverflow working (If I copy my NAND from SD to USB then change the NAND section to USB. It works, as I'm using r590 not more recent update).

I just hope that the two things are the same and the NAND [SD] coverflow can be fixed too,
I appreciate what FIX94 and those contributing are doing, bugfixes, improvements, class. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a fix in a future version...it will be sweet.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahhh... just compiled and tested r609. The games look good, no code dumps or hangs yet.

But I think the new wait display leaves something to be desired. I really want the old dot...dot...dot one back.

iguanadon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

r606 for now

*ok new info,

now to ponder

new info again ...

seems maybe i needed to update some stuffs.

compiled r609, used modmii get fresh ios and installed said ioses.

changed wiiflow ini back to /wiiflow/nandemu/

now nand[usb] displays covers and plays most *all* (after changing video to progressive) games i have tried.

thank you for all the hard work and best wishes on getting wiiflow where you want it :)

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Ahhh... just compiled and tested r609. The games look good, no code dumps or hangs yet.

But I think the new wait display leaves something to be desired. I really want the old dot...dot...dot one back.
Here you go buddy:

Download 609 precompiled: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?g12kbvrd8f97yam
Download source (jpg files + video.cpp) for future updates: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1guyr6vu98axwfx

skite2001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@[member='FIX94']
i can remember that you said that the "default" gc loader depends on image "compression".
so...raw uncompressed game.iso = devolution, gcreex game.iso = dios-mios(lite)
why it still tries to boot my compressed image with devolution?
and why i get an codedump if i select in the game option that the image should be loaded via dios-mios lite?

Jiiwah

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Same for me, and I want old freetype back too. Nobody noticed that the font in StarNight is strong now since r573?

@flegde68: Can you remove your version of my theme in your pack please, thanks ;)

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@[member='FIX94']
i can remember that you said that the "default" gc loader depends on image "compression".
and why i get an codedump if i select in the game option that the image should be loaded via dios-mios lite?
gcreex isnt a iso file, its extracted. No idea about you get a codedump.

skite2001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@[member='FIX94']
gcreex isnt a iso file, its extracted. No idea about you get a codedump.
not exactly...
"gcreex.exe -x" does extract, but after that "gcreex.exe -c" creates an compressed iso file, which i'm using

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Here you go buddy:

Download 609 precompiled: http://www.mediafire...g12kbvrd8f97yam
Download source (jpg files + video.cpp) for future updates: http://www.mediafire...1guyr6vu98axwfx

Thanks, I have modified it myself in the past... was just expressing my opinion on the latest wait message change.

Your pack makes it easy to do though - appreciate the effort.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Same for me, and I want old freetype back too. Nobody noticed that the font in StarNight is strong now since r573?

@flegde68: Can you remove your version of my theme in your pack please, thanks ;)
I've already removed the whole pack - in case you didn't notice I no longer have the link in my sig? If I do post an update to the themes it won't include starnight.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw