Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Thats a dios-mios (lite) error, it fails to set the video mode properly. Most PAL games support 60hz, if they doesnt then it fails of course since there is no video patch for them.
Yeah, I was noticing that it always set it BACK to 60hz on the splash screen even when it set the option to PAL50.
waiting for the next DM release works for me.

EDIT : That's weird, though, because, from the way the spash screen goes off my NTSC screen, it gives me the impression it's made to be shown in a PAL50 resolution.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
coverColor=ff0000 //This is the cover color in hexadecimal of the games that use this plugin. So you can tell the difference between a SNES game and a SEGA game. Most of the time it's just the spine of the cover that is colored. I believe there's only 5 choices - ff0000 red, 000000 black, ffffff white, fcff00 yellow, 01a300 green.
This part of the tutorial reminded me.
Ever since I started using a source menu with all the icons and stuff I have been trying to get WiiFlow to pay attention to my adjustments on this setting and it just ignores me.
That wasn't too much of a problem because most of the default colors were what I wanted or were acceptable. (I really preferred to have GameBoy games white but they were yellow but I think the rest were okay.)
In the last few revs I've tried, though, at least r505 and r506 (possibly r500, too) they are all white and I'm pretty sure I still have them set to different colors in the INI files. Even the GameCube games which is what looks most out of place for me.

guinness

Trophies
XP
Country
All seemed to be going well until now. Using r506, and have set up seperate .ini for each of the emulators and they all worked great. Selecting GB,BC,GBA, Genesis and Master System from source menu all bring up only the games for the individual system.

Then today, I decided to add Gamegear, SG-1000, Virtual Boy, Lynx, and TG-16. Created new .ini for each, but when I enter the settings menu for each, and then from there go to the plugins option, the plugins for these are located on page 2, and it won't let me select any of them, so now I'm at a loss. Any ideas?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Then today, I decided to add Gamegear, SG-1000, Virtual Boy, Lynx, and TG-16. Created new .ini for each, but when I enter the settings menu for each, and then from there go to the plugins option, the plugins for these are located on page 2, and it won't let me select any of them, so now I'm at a loss. Any ideas?
Being unable to select anything in the second page of the the plugins options isn't anything you've done. It's a bug in WiiFlow itself.
With the source menu I guess not many people use those options any more so the bug doesn't get much attention but it's still there.

EDIT : I would add a source menu button for each one instead of trying to use the plugin selection. The source menu DOES work correctly.

guinness

Trophies
XP
Country
You added new unique magic numbers to them?

Yes, all got unique magic numbers in sorce menu and plugin. eg:-

[PLUGIN]
magic=76626F79
coverColor=ffffff
coverFolder=vboy
fileTypes=.vb
romDir=vboy/roms
dolFile=wiimednafen-mod2.dol
bannerSound=
displayname=vboy
ReturnLoader=yes
consoleCoverID=nintendo

EDIT : I would add a source menu button for each one instead of trying to use the plugin selection. The source menu DOES work correctly.

I am, I'm using Mastershoes source menu, so already got buttons for all the seperate systems, but each of the new systems I added everything for today show no games, and as I say, checking in the plugins settings shows the plugin not pre-selected, and also won't let me select it manually.

guinness

Trophies
XP
Country
hmm, have you updated the cache yet? (in the home button menu) while in the plugins coverflow

Thanks for the help. I've found the problem now. It doesnlt seem to like the roms having an extension of only 2 characters, eg the virtual boy roms were .vb, sg1000 were .sg, and gamegear were.gg

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Thanks for the help. I've found the problem now. It doesn't seem to like the roms having an extension of only 2 characters, eg the virtual boy roms were .vb, sg1000 were .sg, and gamegear were.gg
That's an important bug to note. I guess it only works when it's in with a bunch of other extensions. (I only use Wiimednafen for VirtualBoy so I just left the long list of extensions as is but they show up that way for me.)

Now that I think of it, how did you get older GameBoy games to show up? I have them with extension of .gb which is also 2 characters.

guinness

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm. Should have checked fully before posting. changing the extension worked for the most (just zipped them up), but not gamegear or sg-1000. Sorry, but back to square one. Apologies for the mistake. :shy:

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Hmm. Should have checked fully before posting. changing the extension worked for the most (just zipped them up), but not gamegear or sg-1000. Sorry, but back to square one. Apologies for the mistake. :shy:
Hmm, oh well. The only other thing I can think of is maybe a typo either on the romDir= setting in the INI or on the actual folder name.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just noticed that Wiiflow isn't showing all of my Gamecube games on USB. It only shows 5 of the 6. If I use a program like Dios Mios Booter, they all show on the list. Is this a Wiiflow bug or something on my end?
Also having this problem. my friend had tales of symphonia on his sd and HDD. updated to 506 and couldn't find them. Tried a clean install, and disc 2 showed on sd, but not disc 1. Looked on usb, and it said they were both on the sd.

Onanghy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something is wrong with the disc button, when i try to play a game via disc drive and press the drive icon i get a black screen.. i use r513, is the same thing with r506 but with r428 is working fine.

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to personally say thanks to everybody who has taken there time and went out of their way to help others out like me with troubleshooting every little problem we come across and can't seem to fix on our own. I'm sorry I can't name you all, but you know who you are and it just reminds me how badass this site really is. Thanks to everybody involved... Now more troubleshooting B-)

Reactions: 3 people

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just noticed that Wiiflow isn't showing all of my Gamecube games on USB. It only shows 5 of the 6. If I use a program like Dios Mios Booter, they all show on the list. Is this a Wiiflow bug or something on my end?
Also having this problem. my friend had tales of symphonia on his sd and HDD. updated to 506 and couldn't find them. Tried a clean install, and disc 2 showed on sd, but not disc 1. Looked on usb, and it said they were both on the sd.
Hit the home button then choose "Reload Cache". Ended up showing up after that. :)

Would be nice to add a "Hints" section to that Wiiflow setup guide to bring up things like this. At least I figured something out on my own. :P

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just tried r513 and still getting random black screen hangs when starting Wii HDD games.
Tried reloading d2x cIOS's (r49FIX) and same issue exists. Not quite sure what's going on here.

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got my Gamecube games to show up in my plugins via USB by installing DIOS MIOS v2.0, but now everytime I load a game I either get a black screen, or my Wii shuts off when I used the disc patch. I've done everything I could think of. Can someone plz let me in on what I could be doing wrong? Thanks.

Edit: Just wondering if I still need a Wii/GC disc in drive?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
coverColor=ff0000 //This is the cover color in hexadecimal of the games that use this plugin. So you can tell the difference between a SNES game and a SEGA game. Most of the time it's just the spine of the cover that is colored. I believe there's only 5 choices - ff0000 red, 000000 black, ffffff white, fcff00 yellow, 01a300 green.

There is a sixth.

00E360 = green 2

;)

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked about this before and never really got any help, but I'm having trouble getting my friend's WD hdd to launch games using dios mios. Wii games work fine, dml works fine, everything else on the hdd works, but DM freezes at the booter screen. So is it the hdd, or is it DM that has the problem?

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked about this before and never really got any help, but I'm having trouble getting my friend's WD hdd to launch games using dios mios. Wii games work fine, dml works fine, everything else on the hdd works, but DM freezes at the booter screen. So is it the hdd, or is it DM that has the problem?

your setup should be fat32 32 clusters ONLY , primary active , install a new BCv6 and install the latest DM 2.0 wad from google, if not u need to check a different game , also try turning nmm off,

also read thru this. https://code.google.com/p/diosmios/wiki/FAQ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @DinohScene, Hi