Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey mastershoes, just a quick thought, but if you standardised the magic numbers - even though they are really arbitrary - then It might help later on?
edit: I'm just thinking you are in the perfect position to do this, and then everyone has an agreed standard, and that might be useful to software/wiiflow/users in the future.

It's not his code that this stems from? (ie, the wiiflowmod plugins pack)

This is really unnecessary.
OK, it's just that if everyone agrees on a standard, it might be useful in the future? I just thought MS was ideal placed to do this, but I submit to your greater knowledge. Given magic numbers are entirely arbitrary (is this right?) does it matter who makes the standard, as long as the standard is made? Anyhoo, whoever has control, I still think it's a good idea.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Fix - I am using r506 and the latest emulator plugins. Everything is working nicely but when running the emulator games and then exiting and returning to WiiFlow, the coverflow does not return to the last run emulator game. Is there a setting for that or is it a bug on the emulator side? Regular Wii games - when returning to the coverflow - always show the last run game.

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
http://snd.sc/LgfR4V

http://soundcloud.com/spacepimp/sets/wiiflow-forwarder-mod-audio

Here are some alternatives to the eurotrance sounds of FIX's forwarder v12, based on samples taken directly from a wii running wiiflow.

Please note: these wads are identical to the original forwarder, except for the audio.

Dunky Frummer is an improvisation around the famous break using wiiflow samples. http://www.mediafire...y413axt5ycjs16w
WiiFlowPowerv3 is an enhancement not yet in wad form, will be posted in a later edit. An older version is available on the main wiiflow thread on GBAtemp - it dissolves from wiiflow to an appropriate 90's tune - Snap's "I got the power" - now with a wiiflow vocal sample and actual samples from recordings of sputnik!
Final Bootsy Loose is the break from James Brown's " ...or turn it loose", Now with extra BOOTSY!. Not yet available in wad form, as I'm also modding the animation, but this will be worth the uncompressed Bootsy at about 5 mb. I was unhappy with the loss of bass from compression :(
Brookfall is thanks to kineticUK, who wanted a more "sounds of nature theme "- I was playing about with the wiiflow samples and delay and reverse reverb and the like, but got caught up in doing dunky frummer. I couldn't help myself and fade in some waterfall going backwards (upstream? :P) it's quite subtle at about 15 seconds and intermittently after that..
http://www.mediafire...n1kl8qiam51y874
Sounds from a field recording of a small waterfall. Little bit of eq,fades, editing.

Reactions: 2 people

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Feature request:
Ability to use one png image for all game covers of same plugin in emumode replacing the default one.
png image can be the emulator logo for instance and will look just fine when no cover is available.
(Magic number).png can be used as png name for each made
pngs can be stored in covers or source_menu folder and no cache file is needed for each game to save disk space.

Reactions: 3 people

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
/snip
Code:
[quote="most noobs"]
blah blah
[/quote]
I meant no disrespect, bud, I just picked a random post for the quote syntax. :P
That's cool. I guess I kinda came across wrong (might have got caught up in the initial shock of it all). Mostly just wanted to let you know the code for the easy way to do it.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi guys,

A very small added feature...though it may have to be passed along because I don't know how to contact the author.

anyway...it's about wiiflow plugin pack 3. In the wiimednafen.ini file there is a line called

fileTypes=.nes|.fds|.nsf|.unf|.nez|.unif|.gen|.md|.smc|.fig|.sfc|.swc|.agb|.gba|.bin|.elf|.mb|.dmg|.gb|.gbc|.cgb|.sgb|.zip

...that's a lot of filetypes (yes, I know: it plays lots of files). But the virtual boy files (.vb) aren't among them. Even though they work just as well. So I'm awfully sorry I can't trace back the author (or compiler?) of the pack, but please forward this to know that this could easily be updated as follows:

fileTypes=.nes|.fds|.nsf|.unf|.nez|.unif|.gen|.md|.smc|.fig|.sfc|.swc|.agb|.gba|.bin|.elf|.mb|.dmg|.gb|.gbc|.cgb|.sgb|.vb|.zip

That's all. :)

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
fileTypes=.nes|.fds|.nsf|.unf|.nez|.unif|.gen|.md|.smc|.fig|.sfc|.swc|.agb|.gba|.bin|.elf|.mb|.dmg|.gb|.gbc|.cgb|.sgb|.vb|.zip
Actually, that's about half the different file types it can open. Anyone feel free to chip in with any others that need adding. I'm sure they can eventually be added to the INI files in the pack.

failburn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, that's about half the different file types it can open. Anyone feel free to chip in with any others that need adding. I'm sure they can eventually be added to the INI files in the pack.

Since I just ran into this yesterday. *.ngp *.ngc
NeoGeoPocket & Color

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Just that you guys know I havent stopped working on new emulators, here is a new one, wiimednafen mod1 :P
http://dl.dropbox.co...ednafen-mod1.7z
This emulator supports very much roms, just check their wiibrew site out ;) I only added a few rom types to the sample ini, you can add more of course, have fun :D
hey fix, in the mednafen.ini you need to add ".lnx|.ngp|.ngc|.pce|.vb|.ws|.wsc" :)
Actually, found this old post that was mentioning the same thing.
I think when it was posted I actually went in to MY file and added them for myself but of these I only actually have Virtual Boy ROM's myself.

EDIT : the wiibrew site doesn't mention it but the mainstream mednafen for PC claims SNES compatibility. I have yet to try it but that could be another extension to add and there are some people that just put ".ROM" on their files for any console

Reactions: 1 person

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I was looking at the list of supported formats and it actually looks like Wiimednafen could replace all of the emulator plugins for pre-5th generation consoles.
The mainstream mednafen (PC) is actually starting to include playstation emulation so if that is ported, that would be great.
As it is you could just have separate plugins for N64, Sega Saturn, Videos, and then have Wiimednafen for everything else.

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was looking at the list of supported formats and it actually looks like Wiimednafen could replace all of the emulator plugins for pre-5th generation consoles.
The mainstream mednafen (PC) is actually starting to include playstation emulation so if that is ported, that would be great.
As it is you could just have separate plugins for N64, Sega Saturn, Videos, and then have Wiimednafen for everything else.
It's a good idea, but I favor how mastershoes seperated the Game Boys into their own plugin as well as a few others. The only thing tho it lacks the 2k 3D covers I need to cover all the games. So I'm still using my vbagx cover mod til I get it all sorted. Meanwhile I'm working on making/ collecting some WiiWare full HQ game covers cuz it seems there are no good solid sources to obtain them.

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

yea it could eventually. i really hope mednafen adds good psx and n64 support and then eventually gets ported to wii...that might be our only hope of ever having good n64 and psx emulation... seeing as how wii64 and wiisx may never be updated again despite claims by the developers... :wtf:

twig123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the noob question, but how do I get Wiiflow to see my Gamecube ISOs on my USB drive?
I have my ISO in the usb1:/games folder, but Wiiflow keeps asking to either Install a game or to select the partition.
Is there a specific naming convention that they need? or do I need to run some kind of compression (or decompression) on the ISOs?
Thanks

Edit: Side question... Is there a standard naming convention for emulator roms, so that Wiiflow will be able to download covers?

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a good idea, but I favor how mastershoes seperated the Game Boys into their own plugin as well as a few others. The only thing tho it lacks the 2k 3D covers I need to cover all the games. So I'm still using my vbagx cover mod til I get it all sorted. Meanwhile I'm working on making/ collecting some WiiWare full HQ game covers cuz it seems there are no good solid sources to obtain them.

there are actually tons of wiiware full covers out there that arent on wiitdb. you just have to look around

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, I've noticed, but I'm just trying to find them all so I can put them all together in a WiiWare Cover Collection to help me and others who seeks them out.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Sorry for the noob question, but how do I get Wiiflow to see my Gamecube ISOs on my USB drive?
I have my ISO in the usb1:/games folder, but Wiiflow keeps asking to either Install a game or to select the partition.
Is there a specific naming convention that they need? or do I need to run some kind of compression (or decompression) on the ISOs?
Thanks

Edit: Side question... Is there a standard naming convention for emulator roms, so that Wiiflow will be able to download covers?
the ISO has to be named "game.iso" and placed in a folder inside the /games/ folder so it would be /games/game-name/game.iso
the downloading is done with the CRC32 of the ROM file and then the image name is the same as the ROM file name so "mario.nes" would be "mario.nes.png"

twig123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks

the ISO has to be named "game.iso" and placed in a folder inside the /games/ folder so it would be /games/game-name/game.iso
the downloading is done with the CRC32 of the ROM file and then the image name is the same as the ROM file name so "mario.nes" would be "mario.nes.png"
For Gamecube, I am trying usb1:/games/super/super.iso for Super Smash Bros. Melee, but it still comes up with the Install Game or Select Partition screen...

roms for example, I am trying to do "Super C (U) [!].nes", but when I select to download the cover wiiflow looks for that name on gametdb.com and fails, so it doesn't seem like it is going on CRC32 values. I check the gametdb website and only see the "Super C" Virtual Console title listed. Is there another website that I need to point Wiiflow to in order to get rom covers?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
For Gamecube, I am trying usb1:/games/super/super.iso for Super Smash Bros. Melee, but it still comes up with the Install Game or Select Partition screen...

roms for example, I am trying to do "Super C (U) [!].nes", but when I select to download the cover wiiflow looks for that name on gametdb.com and fails, so it doesn't seem like it is going on CRC32 values. I check the gametdb website and only see the "Super C" Virtual Console title listed. Is there another website that I need to point Wiiflow to in order to get rom covers?
for gamecube it would be usb1:/games/super/game.iso in that case. ALL games are called "game.iso" just the folder is different.

for ROMS, there's not many on gametdb yet so that may be the problem. You might want to try this thread for covers http://gbatemp.net/topic/324714-cover-collections-for-emulators-with-cover-support/

twig123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for gamecube it would be usb1:/games/super/game.iso in that case. ALL games are called "game.iso" just the folder is different.

for ROMS, there's not many on gametdb yet so that may be the problem. You might want to try this thread for covers http://gbatemp.net/t...-cover-support/
Awesome! The naming to "game.iso" was my problem! I'll check out the covers thread that you mentioned. Thanks for the info!

Now I'm just waiting to be able to use the Classic Controller with the GC games... that would be awesome!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work