Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah, I've spent that last little while fishing through all the last week of posts trying to find the newest mod of all the emulators and the latest revision of WiiFlow-Mod itself but I've had a really hard time finding the link to the custom banner sound INI demos. It would have been a lot easier if they were on the googlecode page or something
OK, here is a full package with svn r249, scummvm mod1, wii64 mod1, genplus mod2, fceugx, snes9xgx, vbagx mod5:
http://www.mediafire.com/?u4m9ai63ukn7pz9

Reactions: 1 person

painless

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, because I haven't really played with this latest version of WiiFlow yet, I need to ask, when you have all these roms there, do they comingle with the Wii games and blend in? Or, if there a seperate section of WiiFlow that allows the user to choose what they want to play... like a folder or a channel or something?

I ask because it looks like they comingle and if this is the case, if one has a lot of Wii games (I actually own around 520 of them due to a previous employ at a game store) isn't it a bit hard to distinguish betweem them? Sorry if my question is a bit vague, it's the best I have @ 6:30am lol.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
great job! have you fix the return to wiiflow in genplus ? (actually it return to a black screen)
it works for me with mod2

@Fix94 did u have some time to look into Sega Master System problem, I can't start any MS rom just gets a black screeen! All Genesis roms work great. I posted this before and I found that the older Genesis Emulator v1.5 loads all roms with no problems.

If someone else can confirm this maybe we can use another Genesis Emu revision with wiiflow

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i just got the new pack, hoping all the kinks are gone, but i get a stack dump when loading an NES game, and the SNES game I tried just froze up after starting, the gui popped up for SNES9XGX after the "Saving..." dialog, I hit the close button at the top and frozen.

good work Fix, its getting closer and closer each time I try, perfection will come one day! hope my info can help you out.

PS, I still want network loading!

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
nothing work with the new pack, i delete all settings, test with r248 and old dol emulators, stack dump! i don't try to delete saves game.
try the following dols: NES, SNES and GBoy mod1, Sega mod2 (can be found few pages back)
delete the settings first. they work for me with r248, the newer mods exits to System Menu when I start a game.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
try the following dols: NES, SNES and GBoy mod1, Sega mod2 (can be found few pages back)
delete the settings first. they work for me with r248, the newer mods exits to System Menu when I start a game.
A problem for a tester of me was the he had the plugins folder on the second partition on the usb drive btw and not on the first, please check that.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Fix94, wiiflow mod r249 didn't work for me. when i started a game the Emulator would start up in a menu (load, save, setting,etc..) when I select close to return(start) to game it freezes on genesis,snes, and gba

reverted back to r248 and everything works great - even back to wiiflow in genesis,

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
A problem for a tester of me was the he had the plugins folder on the second partition on the usb drive btw and not on the first, please check that.
Yeah, I just installed it and since my "wiiflow" folders, too, are on usb2 I made a separate folder "wiiflow/plugins" on usb1 where I already had my normal emulators. All I had to do was go to the "select partition" option in WiiFlow and go to usb1 and it saw the games. I looked at "wiiflow.ini" afterward thinking it might have to be adjusted but it was already set to usb1 for the plugins folder. I don't know if that was automatic when I changed the partition setting or if WiiFlow found the folder when I ran the new version the first time.
Anyway, I only had time to test two games. The NES game (Contra) worked fine for me. The N64 game (Extreme-G) said "no controller connected" as soon as I got into the game. Haven't had time to play around with it yet but I had a wireless gamecube controller plugged in and turned off at the time and my wiimote had the MotionPlus accessory attached to it. (Just in case that's useful information.) I'll test it out more fully later when I can.

Just a clarification : does this automatically grab the covers I have in the covers folder for each of the emulators ("vbagx\covers" for example) or do they have to be put into the "wiiflow/covers" folder?

secamfr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hey Fix94, wiiflow mod r249 didn't work for me. when i started a game the Emulator would start up in a menu (load, save, setting,etc..) when I select close to return(start) to game it freezes on genesis,snes, and gba

reverted back to r248 and everything works great - even back to wiiflow in genesis,
r248 & r249 don't work for me (my plugins folder is on SD card and Wiflow on USB1).
So i use r247 and genplus mod2 but it back to black screen, very strange :blink:

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I've spent that last little while fishing through all the last week of posts trying to find the newest mod of all the emulators and the latest revision of WiiFlow-Mod itself but I've had a really hard time finding the link to the custom banner sound INI demos. It would have been a lot easier if they were on the googlecode page or something
OK, here is a full package with svn r249, scummvm mod1, wii64 mod1, genplus mod2, fceugx, snes9xgx, vbagx mod5:
http://www.mediafire...u4m9ai63ukn7pz9
Thanks. I will try and keep current but it would be great to have a link to the emulators and cover art on a wiki somewhere. I don't know how negotiations with Miigotu on the WiiFlow wiki site are going but I would recommend setting one up. WiiFlow.info is available and hosting can be as cheap as a $1 or two per month. I would be happy to pay for the domain as well as the first years hosting but would want some folks to help with the site design. Anyone up for a new wiki site? If so please PM me and we can get started. One thing that I would strongly recommend is absolutely under no circumstance have embedded ads in the download links. I don't mind a single ad banner across the site but throwing an ad on every link/download is something I wouldn't support.

macmanhigh

THC = Truly High Caliber
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Maxternal U gotta place em in "Wiiflow/Covers" but u gotta add the rom extension to the .png's....

I.E.
Nes = Adventure Island.nes.png
Snes = 7th Saga.smc.png
GBA = Drill Dozer.gba.png

@FIX94 Awesome Budd really Lovin the progress of this....using r247 nes snes gb mod5 & genplus mod2 everything is working good exits fine starting also is good
gonna check out r249 wanna check n64 n scumm

**EDIT**

Updated with Full Package SVNR249

Nes - Loading .nes files Exits to Wiiflow fine
Snes - Loading .smc,sfc & zip files Exits to Wiiflow fine
Vba - Loading .gb,gbc,gba & zip files Exits to Wiiflow fine
Genplus - Loading zip files Exits to Wiiflow fine
Wii64 - Loads .z64 files Exits to Wii Menu.....for the time being maybe?

Everything working like magic so far.....Gotta go thru my archives n find my Scummvm Resources to test it out.
Also wondering bout the sega master system roms.......

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Wii64 - Loads .z64 files Exits to Wii Menu.....for the time being maybe?
Also wondering bout the sega master system roms.......
I think [member='FIX94'] said that Wii64 was too complicated to figure out how to add the "return to WiiFlow" to it. If someone else could figure it out, that would be nice, though.

I think Sega Master System is supposed to be supported by GenPlus but I don't have any roms myself. If they're not zipped you might have to add the extension in the INI file so they'll show up in WiiFlow.

macmanhigh

THC = Truly High Caliber
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Maxternal - Yeah SMS roms work perfect in .zip......had mine as .sms files also Genplus gx loads .bin files perfect too

@Abdallah Terro - .Zip is the way to go budd :)

drew_351

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently just setup homebrew on my wii, and I am trying to get wiiflow running. When I go into homebrew and click to start wiiflow, the loading screen displays and the white dots flash back and forth but then they just freeze and stop loading. Any idea on what I can do to fix this issue? I have tried multiple versions of wiiflow and i have not been able to fix it that way.

For a little background, I was following the steps on completesoftmodguide and I have:

- system menu 4.3u installed
- installed hackmii
- installed homebrew
- installed miboot as ios
- installed miboot and miboot2
- installed ios236

I have a 1tb drive hooked up, and I have tried loading with the drive connected and disconnected, same results either way. Am I missing something else I need to install?

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
@Maxternal - Yeah SMS roms work perfect in .zip......had mine as .sms files also Genplus gx loads .bin files perfect too

@Abdallah Terro - .Zip is the way to go budd :)
already zipped!
SMS Games show in wiiflow but when I launch just get a black screen in Genesis, I can then press home and exit to wiiflow with no freezing.

@Fix94 do we need to have the latest plugins + wiiflow on USB1 too for the Emu-Mode to work correctly?

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Won't that be a problem with the nand also on usb1? What is the recommended partition setup now?

@drew_351 you need to install d2x cios. You can find a link on wiiflowiki.com

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4