Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've tried both with it accessing the SD and via a forwarder channel.
From the above statement, I take it that you are not running Wiiflow from the HDD? Try that, if not. Otherwise, I'm out of ideas for you sorry.
I've installed on 3 Wii's and it's been perfect on all of them using two partition HDD's, as per the Wiki.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiflow keeps screwing up the list by naming titles incorrectly. how can i delete the cache? or is this a know bug and i have to deal with. im using the latest alpha.

lappen81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiflow keeps screwing up the list by naming titles incorrectly. how can i delete the cache? or is this a know bug and i have to deal with. im using the latest alpha.
YOu're screenshot seem's to mix wiiware and wii, any suggestions on how I could accomplish this?

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
Is skyward sword dual layer anyone knw? I wnt to rip retail disk to HDD. Also is there anyway to clear cache files on wii itself?

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is skyward sword dual layer anyone knw? I wnt to rip retail disk to HDD. Also is there anyway to clear cache files on wii itself?

Skyward Sword is single layer (3 gb). As for your second question, I always use WiiXplorer to clear out cache files on the wii.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YOu're screenshot seem's to mix wiiware and wii, any suggestions on how I could accomplish this?

it seems i found would it may be an issue with wiitdb. for some reason wiiflow will crash when i download it and will not boot again until i delete the wiitdb files from the settings folder. oh well i can do without. maybe ill make a custom list of my own. i am loving wiiflow. great work guys. can't wait until this reaches perfect status.

minjeeta

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.djjustjones.co.uk
XP
Country

ditto, wiitdb works first time, then when you update it after adding a new game lots of things get messed up. definitely a big problem please look into it.
other than this the latest build is great, i like not having the 1+2 buttons not change the layout.....m

enemywithin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can download the wiitdb.xml file from here: http://www.gametdb.com/Wii/Downloads

Just copy it manually into your settings folder until the download function is fixed.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is everyone else able to update their box covers without Wiiflow just restarting to the System Menu with the latest 417 build and D2X ciOS 7 Beta?

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have been updating wiiflow (417) after not having used mine in a few months...

I tried to backup a game (sakura wars) from wiiflow and it fails.

I've never had a problem using wiiflow to backup my games.. can you tell me if its working or not for you?

B

Bladeforce

I find the covers side of wiiflow infuriating. It sometimes downloads the cover then freezes, sometimes it doesn't and freeze. Same version as above (417)

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

ditto, wiitdb works first time, then when you update it after adding a new game lots of things get messed up. definitely a big problem please look into it.
other than this the latest build is great, i like not having the 1+2 buttons not change the layout.....m
Ditto to your ditto. I also experience this exact same problem.

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
Same problem with wiitdb, when trying to update it after first time, but I really miss the additional coverflows.

Although this will not be a problem as my HDD has just crashed, dropped and now just makes a ...whine, whine...whine, whine... noise.

Will need to get a new HDD. currently seeing if anything is salvageable.

Going to be pain finding the singitstar games :(

guinness

Trophies
XP
Country
I never had a problem with Wiiflow before, but recently I've been messing with neek2o. The problem is that now when I try to load a game from my real nand using Wiiflow I get the error 'Disc_SetUSB failed'. Running Wiiflow 411 d2xv7. The only change I can think of that I made was changing the cluster size on my HDD from 64k to 32k.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
As far as i know 32k is supported too by Wiiflow. So this could be a bug in the Wiiflow rev...Try r415 instead, that rev seems to very stable atm.

If not, i am afraid a developer has to look at it, or if you have enough space, use 2 partitions..

temps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just upgraded to WiiFlow 415 from my old version (about a year old) and I'm working..... Can I just confirm a few things which seem to have been lost in the mists of time?

1. If not using fat32 for the games (i.e. ntfs) then I need the first partition on the disk to be ntfs.
2. If using an ntfs partition for the games, they need to be in a folder called 'wbfs'.
3. I need a separate fat32 partition (with the usual folders such as apps) for the loader software, such as wiiflow.
4. The ext3 filesystem is not supported by wiiflow

If I'm wrong, please put me right.

Thanks

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
1. Not necessarily...just make sure it is a primary partition and active..
2. Yes
3. Not necessarily, advantage of having a FAT32 partition is you can use homebrew from HBC. Wiiflow however will work fine on a NTFS partition if you install one of the channel or priiloder forwarders on wiiflowiki.
4. Yes it is, but again, you might need a forwarder to get access to it.

Reactions: 1 person

guinness

Trophies
XP
Country
As far as i know 32k is supported too by Wiiflow. So this could be a bug in the Wiiflow rev...Try r415 instead, that rev seems to very stable atm.

If not, i am afraid a developer has to look at it, or if you have enough space, use 2 partitions..

Thanks Etheboss, updated to r415 and latest d2x beta and all working fine now. Should keep the wife happy, as she can't get her head round the roundabout way I had to load neek2o due to my crappy HDD not spinning up quick enough to auto boot.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello all. Happy Thanksgiving. I have a slight issue. I cannot for the life of me get wiiflow to boot from within apps/wiiflow on my ntfs partition. I followed the suggestion on wiiflowiki for partition setup and thus far this is what I have:

usb2:/apps/wiiflow/boot.dol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: But it does have a hamster... +1