fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
mugotu said:
New pre-commit version with working usb savegame emulation, some removed options that are now ini only, some added menu options, rearranged menu with all blanks fixed and organized.

TODO:
Fix positioning of synopsis and about screen scrolling window for themes.
Fix launching games from dvd.
Fix some more fonts issues.
Fix green screen on ios reload in the wait message.
Fix booting dollz compressed homebrew.
Fix homemade channel launching.

Check it out on my drop box:
http://j.gs/808933/miigotu
Excellent changelog!
I just grabbed this and tested and maybe I did something wrong... The menus contain gaps and some options are directly over the top of others. Also, I can't get custom channels to launch and still get green screen with ios reload. This is all definitely using the dol from the link just posted (reports as r415 in app though)... (sorry for the "sketchy" report but my Wii is a long way from my PC)

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
The "changelog" as you call it is actually a TO-DO list so that is all the things that still needs to be fixed
smile.gif

DvZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
fishears said:
mugotu said:
New pre-commit version with working usb savegame emulation, some removed options that are now ini only, some added menu options, rearranged menu with all blanks fixed and organized.

TODO:

Excellent changelog!
I just grabbed this and tested and maybe I did something wrong... The menus contain gaps and some options are directly over the top of others. Also, I can't get custom channels to launch and still get green screen with ios reload. This is all definitely using the dol from the link just posted (reports as r415 in app though)... (sorry for the "sketchy" report but my Wii is a long way from my PC)

The menu gaps and options you refering to only happens with a theme aplied, the default theme doesn't have this problem, as some options are removed from the source all themes need to be modified some day

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
punkydudester said:
Hey Miigotu I've donated before but only a little. This time I was able to send what I originally meant to send. I hope it helps. I love Wiiflow & I was reading the thread & it seemed like the bug with it not loading the 2nd split for some games like Metroid other M at the Ridley scene was fixed. Is that right? If so what version should I use? I currently have the r304-222 on a 4.3u Wii. Is there a safe version that doesn't have bugs to fix or is each revision the same thing but newer ones have fix updates? I guess I am asking if each revision is totally different? Also I noticed the site to Wiiflow forwards me to a totally different site. Is there going to be a Problematic game section like the last one? I noticed there are only 3 stable versions listed & mine is one of them but they don't say -222 or -223 & so on & they're double the size in MB. It sounds like if I use the newest r415 I must comletely rehack my wii.
there are virtually no problematic games anymore with the newer revisions of WiiFlow (r355 and up)....also, you don't have to completely rehack your wii, you only need to install the latest d2x v7a5 wads you can get from the Wiiflow site....you might also need a new forwarder as well (if that's how you launch, also on the wiiflow site)....this is by no means a complete rehack.

all revisions from at least as far back r228 are betas and will have some bugs....r410 through r415 don't really like themes and there's a goofy re-sync delay when wiiflow is loaded (these will likely be fixed eventually)...but the auto-IOS (auto detect/auto select the correct cIOS[base] for each game no alt.dol needed any longer), the d2x support (IOS reload block = no alt-dol needed = no problematic games), and the overall speed of the loader make the update more than worth it....this doesn't touch on how awesome the emu-NAND functions are which integrates Mighty Channels-like function into wiiflow.....

...oh, should also mention that since d2x is a more complete cIOS, there is no more need for 222, 223, or 224 versions, so support for these bases has been removed....

hope this helps
biggrin.gif

EDIT: thanks petspeed for getting my facts straight!

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
brausm08 said:
but the auto-IOS (no alt.dol needed any longer)
The auto-IOS feature has nothing to do with alt. dol. The feature automatically selects the correct cIOS with the correct base for each game.

It's d2x cIOS that removes the need for alt. dol because of the IOS reload block.

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
petspeed said:
The "changelog" as you call it is actually a TO-DO list so that is all the things that still needs to be fixed
smile.gif

My cheeks burn with shame
ohmy.gif

DvZ said:
fishears said:
QUOTE(mugotu @ Sep 19 2011, 07:44 AM) New pre-commit version with working usb savegame emulation, some removed options that are now ini only, some added menu options, rearranged menu with all blanks fixed and organized.

TODO:

Excellent changelog!

The menu gaps and options you refering to only happens with a theme aplied, the default theme doesn't have this problem, as some options are removed from the source all themes need to be modified some day
Hmm... my theme is "default"...

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
petspeed said:
brausm08 said:
but the auto-IOS (no alt.dol needed any longer)
The auto-IOS feature has nothing to do with alt. dol. The feature automatically selects the correct cIOS with the correct base for each game.

It's d2x cIOS that removes the need for alt. dol because of the IOS reload block.
ahh, yes....i got my d2x facts all screwy...makes complete sense, i stand corrected....

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mugotu said:
did you install ALL bases? All of the files in the wad pack need installed, or if using the installer, you need 245-37, 246-38, 247-53, 248-55, 249-56, 250-57, 251-58 for the auto ios feature to work properly.
QUOTE(Etheboss @ Sep 18 2011, 07:28 AM) Yeah, and if you made a jump to this wiiflow rev from an old one, be sure to delete the things we recommend on our wiiflowiki (see my sig.) like old ini files, etc..

Sidenote: quickly tried A Shadow' s Tale here with latest test dol and d2x, i have no problem running the game..
Man I must be doing something wrong here. :/ I have a NTSC-U Wii trying the PAL version of this game and after install the d2x 7 alpha 5 on those bases as shown above and deleting all my old files as shown on the wiki, I'm still getting a black screen. I guess I can try to fiddle more with the individual video settings for the game, but so far its the only game I'm getting a black screen on. Other PAL games have worked fine.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
jservs7 said:
mugotu said:
did you install ALL bases? All of the files in the wad pack need installed, or if using the installer, you need 245-37, 246-38, 247-53, 248-55, 249-56, 250-57, 251-58 for the auto ios feature to work properly.
QUOTE(Etheboss @ Sep 18 2011, 07:28 AM) Yeah, and if you made a jump to this wiiflow rev from an old one, be sure to delete the things we recommend on our wiiflowiki (see my sig.) like old ini files, etc..

Sidenote: quickly tried A Shadow' s Tale here with latest test dol and d2x, i have no problem running the game..
Man I must be doing something wrong here. :/ I have a NTSC-U Wii trying the PAL version of this game and after install the d2x 7 alpha 5 on those bases as shown above and deleting all my old files as shown on the wiki, I'm still getting a black screen. I guess I can try to fiddle more with the individual video settings for the game, but so far its the only game I'm getting a black screen on. Other PAL games have worked fine.
I think so too, i also played the NTSC-J, and that worked fine on my PAL wii *without changing setting*.. maybe you have a bad copy?

chazman14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mugotu said:

Thanks mugotu! I think that it would be helpful for semi-noobs like me to have the cios-base info on the WiifloWiki. This is one that that I have always had a horrible time remembering and maybe some others as well. Just a suggestion. Everything looks great, thanks to you and r-win.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
chazman14 said:
mugotu said:
Thanks mugotu! I think that it would be helpful for semi-noobs like me to have the cios-base info on the WiifloWiki. This is one that that I have always had a horrible time remembering and maybe some others as well. Just a suggestion. Everything looks great, thanks to you and r-win.
The info is already there, Quote from Wiiflowiki:

Installation

If using the wad pack, make sure to install all of the wads. If you are using the installer, make sure to install all bases, starting with ios 245 and the lowest available base, working your way up to 251 base 58.

brendy03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quite a number of the wiiflow themes are broken/look odd/have querks with the more recent betas, i.e. 412, 141, etc, any any how/if/where/when the themes will be updated to be fully compatible? Also since the old wiki was taken down the themes don't appear to be available anymore for download (int he new wiki the theme area doesn't have any of the downloads), have they moved elsewhere? forwarders are all these, but no themes.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm sure they will be updated, but i doubt you'll get a timeline for it. all i've heard is that they are hoping to be at a 2.2 final at/around r420. i imagine themes won't be addressed until then as there are some menu changes and such still taking place....

this is Spidy1000's area...you can probably get a better answer if you get his attention....

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
kylster said:
So how does this auto IOS function work? If I try and boot up COD:BO how does it know to use IOS250[57]?
Wiiflow checks the IOS used from the game and then checks out all cIOS bases, the base information is saved directly in the cIOS.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's pretty nifty; definitely leaves out *alot* of user error if the correct baseIOS is used in the cIOS.

EDIT: Sorry Alot is actually a type of camel if i'm not mistaken LoL (useless fact of the day)

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone know how to use meta.xml arguments for wiiflow? i want it to use ios 248 to load, in 249 i keep cios 38 rev17 for iso forwarding purposes. i want to try out the nand emulation qualities of wiiflow. i may not need the iso forwarders if it works well.

i just need the argument info to be put in there. im trying with the latest i could find, its rev415.

if i can't do it then oh well, ill stick with cfg.

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
VashTS said:
anyone know how to use meta.xml arguments for wiiflow? i want it to use ios 248 to load, in 249 i keep cios 38 rev17 for iso forwarding purposes. i want to try out the nand emulation qualities of wiiflow. i may not need the iso forwarders if it works well.

i just need the argument info to be put in there. im trying with the latest i could find, its rev415.

ios=248

Anyways, this wont work properly unless you install ALL BASES of d2x. Wiiflow uses an auto ios feature for dvd, games, and channel/emu launching which selects the best base of your installed d2x cios' to boot the game with. The alt ios option is now ini only so it cant be changed from within wiiflow's menus. It doesnt matter which slots you use, just that they are greater than 100 and less than 254. So in all, you need to install d2x into 7 slots with 7 different bases. Wiiflow will not and can not work anymore with any other cios, they wont even be detected.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mugotu said:
VashTS said:

ios=248

Anyways, this wont work properly unless you install ALL BASES of d2x. Wiiflow uses an auto ios feature for dvd, games, and channel/emu launching which selects the best base of your installed d2x cios' to boot the game with. The alt ios option is now ini only so it cant be changed from within wiiflow's menus. It doesnt matter which slots you use, just that they are greater than 100 and less than 254. So in all, you need to install d2x into 7 slots with 7 different bases. Wiiflow will not and can not work anymore with any other cios, they wont even be detected.
Wow that's pretty bold to do but veryuser friendly thanks for the reply. Is there a way to disable the auto ios detection?

edit: not joseph, ios. silly phone words are for humans!

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
brausm08 said:
i'm sure they will be updated, but i doubt you'll get a timeline for it. all i've heard is that they are hoping to be at a 2.2 final at/around r420. i imagine themes won't be addressed until then as there are some menu changes and such still taking place....

this is Spidy1000's area...you can probably get a better answer if you get his attention....

themes will be updated asap, still some issues remain in wiiflow that require some attention, but synopsis and about screen will be fixed, also the button positions

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU +1