Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WalkerOfTheDay said:
r-win said:
Just to let you guys know: I'm on holiday for the next THREE weeks! I might be able to respond, but I will not code
smile.gif

Hee fijne vakantie he !! Verstandig om niet te coden.
Laptop mooi thuis laten
smile.gif
Exactemundo, als je terugkomt en je hebt een goede vakantie gehad, moet je eigenlijk even vergeten zijn hoe ook alweer het coden gaat.
wacko.gif

casefresh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
casefresh said:
cheat codes: When you download them through wiiflow, you do not have an option to check for new ones for that game. Once you download them, that's it, no option to download again. What happens if new cheats get added?
Well, until (or if) they fix it, you can just do what I've done: Use CFG-Loader, set the directories like the WiiFlow ones, and redownload your cheats with CFG-Loader. Or delete the .txt with WiiXPlorer.

What are the chances of letting people download revisions after 2.0 from the google code website? That would be handy.

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
schroder08 said:
Why do you prefer the 249 version of wiiflow over the 224 then? Just curious.
249,250 is tons faster than 222,223,224 in wiiflow. This is because there are various parts of code that have to sleep to allow hermes based ios's enough time to load certain modules. Also, while we are on the speed subject, *.wbfs also runs faster than *.iso.

casefresh said:
cheat codes: When you download them through wiiflow, you do not have an option to check for new ones for that game. Once you download them, that's it, no option to download again. What happens if new cheats get added?
I'm adding a hidded button for that tonight, but the problem is there is nowhere to place a new button in the cheats select screen. I might put it in the game config screen though idk yet.

QUOTE(casefresh @ Jul 3 2010, 08:56 PM)
What are the chances of letting people download revisions after 2.0 from the google code website? That would be handy.

Only releases get added on google downloads, nothing after 2.0 has been a release yet. Although 2.1 is coming in the next day or so, so after that you wont have to worry about downloading anything and changing your SD/USB files. In v2.1 the updater is complete and can upgrade and downgrade, and shows changelog information for each version. You can also select which ios to DL (222,223,224,249,250)

Im just waiting for r-win to pm me back and tell me where we are hosting updates.

casefresh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mugotu said:
schroder08 said:
249,250 is tons faster than 222,223,224 in wiiflow. This is because there are various parts of code that have to sleep to allow hermes based ios's enough time to load certain modules. Also, while we are on the speed subject, *.wbfs also runs faster than *.iso.

casefresh said:
I'm adding a hidded button for that tonight, but the problem is there is nowhere to place a new button in the cheats select screen. I might put it in the game config screen though idk yet.

Only releases get added on google downloads, nothing after 2.0 has been a release yet. Although 2.1 is coming in the next day or so, so after that you wont have to worry about downloading anything and changing your SD/USB files. In v2.1 the updater is complete and can upgrade and downgrade, and shows changelog information for each version. You can also select which ios to DL (222,223,224,249,250)

Im just waiting for r-win to pm me back and tell me where we are hosting updates.

that sounds awesome! Will 2.1 have all updates since the new R80 revision listed on google code? It's just that I was following USB Loader GX and they always had the newest beta for download on google code - that's where my questin really stemmed from.

Great work all. This is indeed the application to beat.

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
It will just have stable versions I think, every commit is not right to be a release because some are incomplete features and bugs would exist. Once a new version has it's new features tested and new bugs worked out it would be added as a release.

papavader

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hi! sorry to bother you guys!

I got wiiflow (latest version) running without problem.
First time I booted it, I tried Mario Galaxy and downloaded the cover for it, wich worked perfectly.
The wiiflow files are on the SD card. So I said fine, lets put some more games on the disk.

Rebooted wiiflow, and now no covers are showing and whenever I try to download one, it always fails in the end.

The Mario Galaxy cover is still in it's dir. I tried to delete wiiflow.ini but alas to no avail...

Any ideas?

schroder08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mugotu said:
schroder08 said:

Awesome, thanks for the reply on that, I will focus on running the 249 version.

mugotu said:

I'm looking forward for this, as it will be nice not needing to unplug the HDD to update. Now if I could find a way for the Wii to share the HDD over the network so I could install the games without unplugging and moving the drive... ;-)

Thanks again for all the work you guys are doing on this fantastic program.

papavader

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
mugotu said:
you have 2 wiiflow.ini, check on your usb for the second one.
Nope, the fat partition is empty. Problem is, when I deleted wiiflow.ini on the sd card, it never reappeared... It's not recreating it. and a search of the sd came up empty.

I'm really lost, as I usually can fix these things by my self. Could the ini file be stored in the wbfs partition?

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
papavader said:

First time I booted it, I tried Mario Galaxy and downloaded the cover for it, wich worked perfectly.
The wiiflow files are on the SD card. So I said fine, lets put some more games on the disk.

Rebooted wiiflow, and now no covers are showing and whenever I try to download one, it always fails in the end.

The Mario Galaxy cover is still in it's dir. I tried to delete wiiflow.ini but alas to no avail...

Any ideas?

papavader said:
QUOTE(mugotu @ Jul 4 2010, 05:26 PM) you have 2 wiiflow.ini, check on your usb for the second one.
Nope, the fat partition is empty. Problem is, when I deleted wiiflow.ini on the sd card, it never reappeared... It's not recreating it. and a search of the sd came up empty.

I'm really lost, as I usually can fix these things by my self. Could the ini file be stored in the wbfs partition?

check the FAQ. to run wiiflow from SD only you need to create a wiiflow.ini yourself with the line data_on_usb=no under general.

georgecoat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen giving black screen on wiiflow. Tried different settings, still black screen...
Any suggestion?

georgecoat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
georgecoat said:
Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen giving black screen on wiiflow. Tried different settings, still black screen...
Any suggestion?

Getting the same with Transformers: Cybertron Adventures.
Transformers: The Game works ok on default settings.

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
georgecoat said:
georgecoat said:
Any suggestion?

You're probably dealing with bad dumps?
Have you tried with other loaders?

I've been playing "Cybertron Adventures" even today.

georgecoat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pakatus said:
georgecoat said:
georgecoat said:
Any suggestion?

You're probably dealing with bad dumps?
Have you tried with other loaders?

I've been playing "Cybertron Adventures" even today.

Tried GX, Configurable and Neogamma, none works with these two games. Maybe bad dumps.

papavader

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
mugotu said:
papavader said:

Any ideas?

papavader said:
QUOTE(mugotu @ Jul 4 2010, 05:26 PM) you have 2 wiiflow.ini, check on your usb for the second one.

check the FAQ. to run wiiflow from SD only you need to create a wiiflow.ini yourself with the line data_on_usb=no under general.
In fact, I needed to have the two paths (both root/wiiflow and apps/wiiflow) on both sd and usb for it to work. Thanks for the heads-up!

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
papavader said:
mugotu said:
papavader said:

Any ideas?

papavader said:

In fact, I needed to have the two paths (both root/wiiflow and apps/wiiflow) on both sd and usb for it to work. Thanks for the heads-up!

thats strange, i moved from 1.1 to 2.0 effortlessly, simply by deleting ALL 1.1 files, then placed Wiiflow within the apps folder like any other homebrew then booted, once the first boot is done it creates the needed folders and .ini within the apps/wiiflow folder then all you need to do is redownload or place the cover art in the necessary folder, so i dont know how you need multiple copy of wiiflow everywhere to get it to work

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
pepxl said:
thats strange, i moved from 1.1 to 2.0 effortlessly, simply by deleting ALL 1.1 files, then placed Wiiflow within the apps folder like any other homebrew then booted, once the first boot is done it creates the needed folders and .ini within the apps/wiiflow folder then all you need to do is redownload or place the cover art in the necessary folder, so i dont know how you need multiple copy of wiiflow everywhere to get it to work
Same here. When I upgarded wiiflow I started over from sd only without editing any file. I launched wiiflow from a forwarder, selected fat1 as partition and voilà.

Pip'

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
papavader said:
mugotu said:
papavader said:

Any ideas?

papavader said:

If you have them in 2 places you are going to have conflicts later. my last instructions were the correct ones.

for having all wiiflow data on SD, remove all traces of wiiflow by deleting the folders sd:/wiiflow, sd:/apps/wiiflow, usb:/wiiflow, usb:/apps/wiiflow, then put the latest boot.dol in sd:/apps/wiiflow/ and manually create wiiflow.ini in sd:/apps/wiiflow with the contents of:

[ GENERAL]
data_on_usb=no

(notice the space between [ and G.)
Save the ini and boot wiiflow and then exit wiiflow and boot again and all will run fine. This is because of the fact that the apps/wiiflow is defaulted to be in usb. wth would anyone use an sd for apps if they have a fat partition on their HDD? Just move all your apps to usb and remove your sd and this dumb stuff dont happen.

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
thx to ziggy34, the WiiFloWiki has some paid domains now, which will also serve as hosting for updates.
http://www.wiiflowiki.com
http://wiki.wiiflow.org
http://www.wiiflow.org also points there until I build a proper landing site.
Updates from inside the app will be served from http://updates.wiiflow.org

Also, if you use the wiki at least LOOK at the ads, if something interests you check it out. The devs dont have donate buttons atm so this is the only way we can pay for this stuff.DO NOT mass click ads as tons of clicks from the same IP in a short period of time will disable the adsense account! If you get it disabled i will find you and do something bad! (jk but DONT lol)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah but I'd tie him up in the females bathroom