Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

.:Plasma:.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have PoP and it works fine for me under WiiFlow on 249r19 with Base 38 think I last tried it under r43, but I'm running r84 now.

its a PAL 4.2E Wii, and the game ISO I'm using is an untouched Prince_of_Persia_The_Forgotten_Sands_PAL_Wii-WiiERD

Plasma

Alkis30

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
r-win said:
icebrg5 said:
.:Plasma:. said:
fluffykiwi said:
Why would you use 2 WBFS partitions on one HDD?

I'd take a wild guess that he has a 1TB or greater hard drive, and if I recall correctly you can only have WBFS partitions up to 500Gb? This may no longer be the case or I might be talking out of my rear end but pretty sure I read that somewhere!
smile.gif

Plasma

You can make wbfs partition any size it doesnt matter the problem is a 500 game limit per partition.
So if you have a 1tb drive as one wbfs partition your going to end up with a lot of unused space.
Exactly. It's the game limit. Not many users have this, but there are some users. I think this is just a bug, since it was fixed in USB GX before. Can you test uLoader?

Exactly it is the 500 game limit problem in WBFS that as far as I know has not been solved yet ! I have near 910 games already so I have made 2 WBFS partitions in a 2TB HDD. If anyone knows a solution to the 500 game limit in WBFS please share it. Otherwise Wiiflow has difficulty to play games from the second partition because you have to change the IOS to 223 in settings of each game before you play !

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
metalashell said:
metalashell said:
I am using r43 and r84 with edited ini file, tried loads of guides. Also tried USB Loader GX r935 and latest CFG. But this game refuses to work under ios 249,222 and 223. Can anyone shed some light on how to get this game to work?

Thanks in advance.

Anyone help me on this one?
Metalashell, at first, you'll need r43 or later if Wiiflow. Then you need to find the GAMEID for PoP, open up wiiflow.ini, and add the following lines

[GAMEID]
disable_dvd_patch=yes
returnto=0

You should be able to run the game with 222, 223, 224, 249 and 250. I think you can even use every base ios. You don't need anything else installed. Pimp my Wii will only fix PoP when running from a dvd, not when running from hdd.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alkis30 said:
r-win said:
icebrg5 said:
.:Plasma:. said:
fluffykiwi said:
Why would you use 2 WBFS partitions on one HDD?

I'd take a wild guess that he has a 1TB or greater hard drive, and if I recall correctly you can only have WBFS partitions up to 500Gb? This may no longer be the case or I might be talking out of my rear end but pretty sure I read that somewhere!
smile.gif

Plasma

You can make wbfs partition any size it doesnt matter the problem is a 500 game limit per partition.
So if you have a 1tb drive as one wbfs partition your going to end up with a lot of unused space.
Exactly. It's the game limit. Not many users have this, but there are some users. I think this is just a bug, since it was fixed in USB GX before. Can you test uLoader?

Exactly it is the 500 game limit problem in WBFS that as far as I know has not been solved yet ! I have near 910 games already so I have made 2 WBFS partitions in a 2TB HDD. If anyone knows a solution to the 500 game limit in WBFS please share it. Otherwise Wiiflow has difficulty to play games from the second partition because you have to change the IOS to 223 in settings of each game before you play !

You should think about switching to fat32 from wbfs.No game limits and you can keep everything on one partition.
I've been using it ever since i hit the 500 game mark and it works great.

metalashell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
r-win said:
metalashell said:
metalashell said:
I am using r43 and r84 with edited ini file, tried loads of guides. Also tried USB Loader GX r935 and latest CFG. But this game refuses to work under ios 249,222 and 223. Can anyone shed some light on how to get this game to work?

Thanks in advance.

Anyone help me on this one?
Metalashell, at first, you'll need r43 or later if Wiiflow. Then you need to find the GAMEID for PoP, open up wiiflow.ini, and add the following lines

[GAMEID]
disable_dvd_patch=yes
returnto=0

You should be able to run the game with 222, 223, 224, 249 and 250. I think you can even use every base ios. You don't need anything else installed. Pimp my Wii will only fix PoP when running from a dvd, not when running from hdd.

Tried it. Didn't work.

Macfionn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icebrg5 said:
You should think about switching to fat32 from wbfs.No game limits and you can keep everything on one partition.

So my question to the games being stored on the fat32 partition is... are they being stored in .iso format? or are they in a wbfs folder AND using the .wbfs extension (i.e. from Wii Backup Manager)? Because if stored in .iso format, you'd lose everything you gained by sheer size volume alone.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Macfionn said:
icebrg5 said:

So my question to the games being stored on the fat32 partition is... are they being stored in .iso format? or are they in a wbfs folder AND using the .wbfs extension (i.e. from Wii Backup Manager)? Because if stored in .iso format, you'd lose everything you gained by sheer size volume alone.
FAT32 doesn't support files above 4 GB, so the answer is obvious. It's, of course, as wbfs files. When using NTFS, you can use iso files.

mgrimmenator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HELP, got two channels stuck in nand. wiiflow detects two channels that aren't there anymore HATE and MAFE are the titleid's. I had some others and I went into the wadmanager and removed them again and this fixed the problem. I don't know what wad files are MAFE and HATE. Anybody please help.

so i found some of the and got all but one HATE is the titleid. i have no clue what it could be.

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
Thanks for explaining why you use 2 wbfs partittions, I simply hadnt thought of the 500 game limit. I moved to a single NTFS partition and .wbfs gameilfes a while ago. Only limitation is install/delete direct from Wii, and I've always added and removed from PC.

BUT I now understand.

Oh and if r-win thinks it is a bug I have every confidence it may not be a problem for too long.

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WalkerOfTheDay said:
iiixtream said:
who needs 910 games, no one can even begin to play all of them. I could see if they were roms for retro console.

Indeed, name 50 worthwhile games for the Wii... I bet you can't.
smile.gif
Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Smash-Up
Sin and Punishment: Successor of the Skies
Metroid Prime: Trilogy
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
Dragon Ball: Revenge of King Piccolo
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
Boom Blox
Battalion Wars 2
The Conduit
Red Steel 2
Deadly Creatures
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Disaster: Day of Crisis
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
The Godfather: Blackhand Edition
Geometry Wars: Galaxies
The House of The Dead: Overkill
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex Edition
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Mario Party 8
Mario Kart Wii
Super Mario Galaxy
Monster Hunter Tri
No More Heroes
Another Code: R - A Journey Into Lost Memories
Little King's Story
Okami
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Scarface: The World Is Yours
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
Wii Sports
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
Zack & Wiki: Quest For Barbaros' Treasure
No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle
Call of Duty: World at War
ExciteBots: Trick Racing
Spectrobes: Origins
Boom Blox: Bash Party
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Dead Space: Extraction
Wii Sports Resort
MadWorld
Samurai Warriors 3
Sakura Wars: So Long
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles
Trauma Team
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars

And thats just from my own personal collection. There are many games I dont like, but other people will say are worthwile.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
HaniKazmi said:
WalkerOfTheDay said:
iiixtream said:
who needs 910 games, no one can even begin to play all of them. I could see if they were roms for retro console.

Indeed, name 50 worthwhile games for the Wii... I bet you can't.
smile.gif

And thats just from my own personal collection. There are many games I dont like, but other people will say are worthwile.
I consider naming both Metroid Prime Trilogy and Metroid Prime 3 as cheating.
However, I also think we shouldn't be having this discussion in the Wiiflow thread. Make your own one!
tongue.gif

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone I am pretty new to the wii scene and a wiiflow user but have been around gbatemp for a while now. Just posting a thank you really.

I've been studying this topic over the last 2 weeks kinda lurking in the background, checking for info, setting up my wiiflow etc. I've just updated from r25 to r43 (switching from wbfs to fat) few teething troubles with wbfs-1 error at first but sorted it. Then to r88 cause I couldn't install games for some reason on r43. Worked on r88 so just about to play some ssbb.

Anyway I love wiiflow. Its a credit to everyone involved. Respect. Cannot wait for the future versions, really interested to see what r-win and those involved will do next...cannot wait. Heard people mention wiiware, NAND emu etc. I like it if wiiflow could update the wii message with the game info time played etc, if its ever possible.

Thank you to you all, r-win, the wiiflow team and everyone else involved.

MrDiesel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
There is a bug, which prevents you from running any games, after applying any cheat code. You then need to restart Wiiflow.

So in the settings of a random game, apply some cheat codes. It will return to the settings of that game. If you then try to run a game, it will display "Please wait", but then it returns back to WiiFlow itself. You need to restart Wiiflow and then it's fixed.

Am I the only one having this issue?

Alkis30

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The question remains.. Is there a way to Wiiflow to have the IOS select mode not in the Game Settings but in Global Settings so as to change it when you want for all games ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol