Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
nando said:
is there a recent version that handles rockband dlc correctly? other than the unofficial one from r25. if not, is there a way to include the PoP patch to the one that worked?
Dude...read the Changelog
rolleyes.gif
. PoP-Patch is already integrated (r43). Using Hermes cIOS rev5.1 should also work (since Hermes renamed the module that the game checks for). And DLC doesn't depend on the loader, it depends on the cIOS. Rev19 with Base 37 is reported to work (though it didn't for me, it did for others).

@Kovani
blink.gif
? WiiFlow already creates this File at the first start. It did for me with rev43. So I have no Idea what you're talking about...

WAIKIKI728

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kovani said:
@r-win

Is it possible to fix something related to the wiiflow.ini? I think you should find a way to let WiiFlow automatically create this file for first use. Right now, I have to agree that it could be a pain for a new user to get this file. If you don't have this file on your SD or USB device, you won't be able to configure WiiFlow and every change you make will not be saved. There are a few methods to create one, but they are not so easy to do if you don't know how.

If you can't do that you should at least put wiiflow.ini on the Google Code page.

Thank you.
smile.gif

I agree....

Kovani

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Blue-K said:
@Kovani
blink.gif
? WiiFlow already creates this File at the first start. It did for me with rev43. So I have no Idea what you're talking about...

If it works for you it doesn't mean that it works for everyone. A lot of people were having this problem if you've followed this thread.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Kovani said:
Blue-K said:
@Kovani
blink.gif

If it works for you it doesn't mean that it works for everyone. A lot of people were having this problem if you've followed this thread.
I have followed this thread from page one, and I think you are one of the first to make this issue. Anyway, wiiflow.ini is automatically created, but I think it's on a different place then where you expect it. Is that possible?

Did you check both /wiiflow/wiiflow.ini and /apps/wiiflow/wiiflow.ini? Also, there is a bug which is ini file related. It will be resolved in the upcoming revision. I think the bug is something like usb:/wiiflow/wiiflow.ini isn't used if there is no sd:/wiiflow/wiiflow.ini.

Tetram

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Actually, I had exactly the same kind of problem : the wiiflow.ini was created on my hdd, but wiiflow was looking for it on the sd card.

Problem was : every change I made was applied to the hdd version, but still wiiflow wanted to use the one on the SD.

I fixed this by deleting my hdd partition...

Kovani

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
http://gbatemp.net/t204106-wiiflow-an-open...t&p=2870463
http://gbatemp.net/t204106-wiiflow-an-open...t&p=2873468

If I launch WiiFlow for the first time, there is no wiiflow.ini in my HDD and anywhere on my SD card. I also tried with a USB stick. I found a trick to make one. I have to put a blank wiiflow.ini in SD:\wiiflow and USB:\wiiflow. This way, the settings and folders will be created. I can also make a wiiflow.ini and add

Code:
[ GENERAL]
data_on_usb=no

and this will work fine. I don't know exactly why WiiFlow doesn't automatically create this file, but I can do more testing if needed. One thing I know for sure is that rev25 doesn't have this problem. The wiiflow.ini is created on my HDD by default.

[Edit] Try this. Delete or rename every wiiflow folders and .ini files on your SD and USB device and keep only boot.dol on SD:\apps\Wiiflow. Run WiiFlow and tell me if you find a wiiflow.ini somewhere.

orsu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I have just a little fix to submit for the file source/gui/coverflow.cpp.

In this method, used for sorting game by title :
CODEbool CCoverFlow::CItem::operator upperCaseWChar(title[k]))
return true;
return false; // PROBLEM HERE !!!
}

The problem is on the last line, for game with multiple version (ex: "Pikmin", "Pikmin 2").
Depending on the original sort of the game, we can have different result, and "Pikmin 2" can be printed before "Pikmin".

In this cas, a quick solution can be to sort game depending of the size of the title, with this simple code :
return true;
return title.size() < i.title.size();
}

Just my 2 cents
wink.gif

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
nando said:
is there a recent version that handles rockband dlc correctly? other than the unofficial one from r25. if not, is there a way to include the PoP patch to the one that worked?
Dude...read the Changelog
rolleyes.gif
. PoP-Patch is already integrated (r43). Using Hermes cIOS rev5.1 should also work (since Hermes renamed the module that the game checks for). And DLC doesn't depend on the loader, it depends on the cIOS. Rev19 with Base 37 is reported to work (though it didn't for me, it did for others).

@Kovani
blink.gif

i knew pop is integrated into r43, but i remember supporting hermes ver5 wasn't a priority and as you say, rev 19 base 37 didn't work for you. so i guess my question should of been if ver5 is supported? which the log says "initial" support was added -but that don't tell me if dlc was working

anyway, thanks for the info

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
orsu said:
The problem is on the last line, for game with multiple version (ex: "Pikmin", "Pikmin 2").
Depending on the original sort of the game, we can have different result, and "Pikmin 2" can be printed before "Pikmin".
I agree with you. It's wrong to assume a FALSE when you've only check the amount of bytes of the shortest of the two. This will be implemented in the next revision (r44).

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
nando said:
i knew pop is integrated into r43, but i remember supporting hermes ver5 wasn't a priority and as you say, rev 19 base 37 didn't work for you. so i guess my question should of been if ver5 is supported? which the log says "initial" support was added -but that don't tell me if dlc was working
I have no clue about dlc. What we mean by initial support is actually partial support. We've taken the dip plugin from rev4, and changed it so that it'll work with rev5. That means that things like NAND emulation won't work, because that memory is probably used by the fraglist, which is used for FAT/NTFS partitions.

Donate me a guitar, and I can test Guitar Hero stuff and dlc
biggrin.gif

dancemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
xabby666 said:
Sorry, but fanarts must be jpeg, png or what? I like this beautiful loader.

png, I have mine at 640 x 480 but get a slight delay while it loads. 320 x 240 I think loads well but does not look as good.

wipy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
r-win said:
nando said:
I have no clue about dlc. What we mean by initial support is actually partial support. We've taken the dip plugin from rev4, and changed it so that it'll work with rev5. That means that things like NAND emulation won't work, because that memory is probably used by the fraglist, which is used for FAT/NTFS partitions.

Donate me a guitar, and I can test Guitar Hero stuff and dlc
biggrin.gif

too bad, i got 7 guitars right there, but it will cost me more to ship than the guitar value itself
tongue.gif

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
orsu said:
Hello,

return true;
}

In this cas, a quick solution can be to sort game depending of the size of the title, with this simple code :
return true;
}

Just my 2 cents
wink.gif
+1 this. I was just thinking that with Mario Galaxy 1 and 2.

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
jservs7 said:
orsu said:
Hello,

return true;
}

return true;
}

Just my 2 cents
wink.gif
+1 this. I was just thinking that with Mario Galaxy 1 and 2.

That has already been implemented, and will be in the next release, as well as MANY new features and bug fixes. Stay Tuned.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
mugotu said:
That has already been implemented, and will be in the next release, as well as MANY new features and bug fixes. Stay Tuned.

I am happy with the bug fixes.

I really hope there is a bug-fixed stable version before the "MANY new features" version. It is because the "MANY new features" very likely lead to new bugs.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
TeenTin said:
mugotu said:

I am happy with the bug fixes.

I really hope there is a bug-fixed stable version before the "MANY new features" version. It is because the "MANY new features" very likely lead to new bugs.
Relax...it's not that many new features, actually.

We only implemented categories, and added buttons for all "hidden" options. So the settings menu grew a bit. Also, the known bugs have been fixed.

Btw, we have removed the Fat_Mount in main.cpp again. It does not help with unstable harddrives. Actually, it was never in r25, and I added it myself for a test. It didn't work, and it doesn't work for all of our testers. Actually, it makes things a lot worse. We will try some other things though, before releasing a new revision.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
TeenTin said:
r-win said:
... added buttons for all "hidden" options. So the settings menu grew a bit.

So, this means the need of theme upgrade, right ?
Yes, Jiiwah already updates his team. I think he also sent a message to Benjay. Themers can get the information from either Jiiwah, or join us in the IRC channel at Abjects.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7