Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kai445 said:
Pippin666 said:
PizzaPino said:
at first wiiflow should be able to show your gamestats on the normal wiiboard or however you call it
Still, getting a "mail" telling me how much time I spent on a game or telling me I made a new record/highscore is useless. Just like the "movie preview" feauture, just because it can be done, doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Pip'

Just because it is another feature, does not necessarily mean it is a bad idea either. Right now it just says "WiiFlow" in the message board for gameplay statistics... if the patch to put correct game statistics on the board is not terribly convoluted, what is the disadvantage of doing so?

Where is the clutter? It isn't something that even takes up a menu option, it's something that happens "behind the scenes" and would make WiiFlow a more integrated experience.

how about creating a single addon file containing all useless features , and adding only one option in page 7 of wiiflow config:
toggle useless features: On or Off lollll

wipy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
while waiting for the "ultimate wiiflow useless features addon", a readme file explaining how to install wiiflow, where to put folders/files, known major bugs and issues, troubleshooting or FAQ section for most popular issues (ex. why instruments don't works) could be nice and usefull, i think.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
wipy said:
how about creating a single addon file containing all useless features , and adding only one option in page 7 of wiiflow config:
toggle useless features: On or Off lollll
Better just comment it in the Source-Code, and if someone wants that feature, he can compile it. Uncommenting and compiling is easy, and sharing the compiled .dol is for shure an option...

But, just to say: Basicly we are not the ones that have to decide, it's r-win, the only coder left. And I'll respect his decision.

Valguerra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is all I need to get wiiflow running of ntsc HDD.

i have hbs, preloader, hermes v4.cios rev19. i got r42 222, but when the drive is ntsc, i get error -1. but no tutorail. someone said to go to the menu pge os wiiflow and change setting but it does not et me it. just restart.

what could be the problem. any good tutrial

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
When I try to download the patch for Fatal Frame 4 translation, the wiiflow crashes
so I downloed the cover R4ZE01,R4ZJ01 but it doesnt display

wipy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ganons said:
When I try to download the patch for Fatal Frame 4 translation, the wiiflow crashes
so I downloed the cover R4ZE01,R4ZJ01 but it doesnt display

The covers are only displayed if there's a game to match it with.

your game must have R4ZJ01 as GameID in order to show the cover with the same ID

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
IMO any tweaks that makes the games work more like the original disks is ideal for WiiFlow.

Therefore, as original games display their individual play times in the Wii menu, any update that makes WiiFlow do the same would be welcomed by me.

btw this is not a feature I need by any means, in fact I have no use whatsoever for it, but it does fit the ethos of WiiFlow. Which in my opinion is to Display the games very nicely, make it easy to select the game you want, and then run them as if they are still on disk.

Basically, Maximum game compatability and maximum ease of use to maintain that compatability.

wipy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In my opinion there's no useless options. any new code and/or improved one is good and there will never be a loader
with too many options, because users can use all loaders features or may choose to ignore some of them, that's why i use
all loaders avalaible (as example COD3 could not be played usb and started with wiiflow, so i created a wbfs file and changed
the main.dol for the dol file of neogamma. Then when the game is selected in wiiflow it starts neogamma and ask for the game disc. that's why every loader is usefull, and more options they have, better is the way people can play with to own the system they like.

For game compatibility wiiflow is awesome and have any needed potential for actual and future ways to load games via usb.
But actually i think, as long as the covers bug will exist, (and the principal meaning of wiiflow is about covers-related)
no more options is needed.

(a computer without motherboard will not be better with more RAM).

by the way thank you very much R-win for the install-game fix!!! (and for all work you put on wiiflow in fact)
coding a loader ask for more patience than getting married, so...
tongue.gif

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Can anyone help me get this working? I'm using an ntfs drive with cios222v4. I can see games, but choosing them causes a code dump. with rev42. They work fine with cfg usb loader.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
wipy said:
by the way thank you very much R-win for the install-game fix!!! (and for all work you put on wiiflow in fact)
coding a loader ask for more patience than getting married, so...
tongue.gif
Heh, I'm coding a loader AND maried, and my wife has indeed less demands than most of you guys. So yes, you are right!
biggrin.gif

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
icpmattj said:
cover bug issue the next one to be fixed?
Let's hope so.

Thinking about the ncard and wii message board stuff. Adding the wii message board stuff is easy, since it's just one c file with a couple of functions. The ncard requires users to have an internet connection, and will add a delay before booting a game. I would like it better if there was an application which would read the messageboard, and post that to the ncard site.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMO adding ncard functionality if worthless, Completely taking steps backwards if you have to add a delay to booting games, one of the great things about wiiflow is how fast it boots game once i click play, rev19 made this even faster. Making it longer is a HUGE step backwards, unless you can turn it off.. Or make it an extra button to send, dont have it send everytime you push play. But that would piss themers off. IMO, things like auto-update function, categories like vips patch, and/or adding a small place where the size of games can be displayed and a game count/hdd info in settings or somthing would be MUCH more beneficial.

I agree with r-win that a seperate application that reads the board and sends it that way would be alot better. So all we really need then is the USB loader to post teh games to the message board
biggrin.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
r-win said:
The ncard requires users to have an internet connection, and will add a delay before booting a game. I would like it better if there was an application which would read the messageboard, and post that to the ncard site.
There is an application that already does that...that's the main point of the NCard, not to have to use any USB-Loader/etc.
tongue.gif
. And for all people that want to use NCard, the Client is probably the right solution. But for people that would prefer Raptr, sending the info during the boot would be better, because Raptr can tweet what you're playing now, etc. Now, I have no idea about this, but wouldn't it be possible to connect WiiFlow during/after the boot in the background? I mean, for example WiiMC seems to do that, because it can prompt you to update...and if it would be connected, it wouldn't add a delay, or only a small one, or am I wrong? Oh well, but then again it couldn't count the time you've been playing it...

Anyways, I'm just happy that this project isn't dead, and I'm hoping that the Cover-Bug will be fixed. That's actually all I'm hoping for right now
smile.gif
. But if you want to take a break from that bug, and add new features, why not? Do what you want, if people don't like new features, they can always have a look at the Commits, remove them and compile it.

So, basicly: Just thanks for working on WiiFlow
grog.gif
!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: LTT also did it