jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PizzaPino said:
pepxl said:
PizzaPino said:
the cache file will be created properly if the cache folder is on the sd card.

is that even with the latest r42, just wanted to know? havent been up to date for a while on this loader

yes and always been since this bug occured.

QUOTE(jakejm79 @ May 23 2010, 09:00 PM)
Exactly, I dont even know if I can switch back to r25 with FAT partition for games and I don't want to switch my cache folder to SD for just the one game.
your covers arent corrupted even though everything is stored on your usb drive??
when i added my covers manually, it still resulted in corrupted covers (while everything was stored on my usb).

No if the cache files are create on a SD card or with an earlier rev (r25) just cos you store them on the USB isnt a problem. I believe writing them to USB is where the problem occurs not reading from there.

NVM, I just switched it back and forth, here it is if anyone else needs it.
SB4E01.wfc

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
jakejm79 said:
No if the cache files are create on a SD card or with an earlier rev (r25) just cos you store them on the USB isnt a problem. I believe writing them to USB is where the problem occurs not reading from there.
Exactly. It's the writing that is corrupted. So if you download a cover to USB, the png file will be corrupt. The file in memory is still correct though, so it will show up correctly in reflections (until afer a restart). The cache file is also created correctly, but writing it also results in a corrupted file.

This bug only seems to occur with big files. Writing the configuration file(s) is no problem at all. It seems to be related to sectors on the HDD. I have more covers on my HDD then I have games, and I see details of a cover from a game which is not installed into a newly downloaded cover. This can only occur if a wrong sector is read, the data in it is changed, and the sector is written back to the right position (libfat handles this all). I have no other explanation than this. I'm not saying it's a bug in libfat, since it works fine on SD.

Narolez

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
r-win, are you sure that the png file will be corrupt?

I know the issue with corrupted covers using "new" libfat, but only the cache files were corrupted. I think something in creating cache files is "wrong".

CFG Loader uses new libfat and writing png files to usb works fine ...

FYI, Hermes has added a dev/mload shadow engine (to avoid PoP device detection) ...

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Narolez said:
r-win, are you sure that the png file will be corrupt?

I know the issue with corrupted covers using "new" libfat, but only the cache files were corrupted. I think something in creating cache files is "wrong".

CFG Loader uses new libfat and writing png files to usb works fine ...

FYI, Hermes has added a dev/mload shadow engine (to avoid PoP device detection) ...
Yes, Narolez, I'm still working on it. I have used the same libfat as CFG Loader (as in: I used their .a files), but I still have this issue. This also rules out a problem with libfat. It's a problem with wiiflow...somewhere...

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
It also seems to be downloading files when it doesnt have to, and seems to jump backwards and forwards through it's old order. Well at least the progress bar seems to jump back and forward when it used to slowly advance.

It seems to alway redownload the normal cover, if the fullcover is not found, instead of just checking whether a "better" cover is available and downloading that if found. it used to just check for better cover and skip if none found.

Hope this makes sense.

btw not a problem for me, but perhaps has some connection to corruption...possibly.

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to custom-sort the list of games? I have lots of sequels coming before the original...

Like SMG2 before SMG1, etc...

Thanks
biggrin.gif

wipy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jceggbert5 said:
Is there a way to custom-sort the list of games? I have lots of sequels coming before the original...

Like SMG2 before SMG1, etc...

Thanks
biggrin.gif

Edit your titles.ini file, rename sequels to have same name but the number ending the title
( ex. GAMEID=Smg 1 And GAMEID=Smg 2 )

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ozl said:
If someone is still working on wiiflow, please add the Ncard compatibility to WiiFlow so that Ncard can detect the games we play while using WiiFlow of course!
Thanks a lot
Good day people!

What is Ncard? Wiiflow is a clean loader without any useless features (accept for the hidden movie feature), we dont want it to become too cluttered like GX loader.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Spidy1000 said:
ozl said:
If someone is still working on wiiflow, please add the Ncard compatibility to WiiFlow so that Ncard can detect the games we play while using WiiFlow of course!
Thanks a lot
Good day people!

What is Ncard? Wiiflow is a clean loader without any useless features (accept for the hidden movie feature), we dont want it to become too cluttered like GX loader.

As far as i can tell it's a bit like the DS flashcards...

Quote from the makers:

"So, we've made a wii gamer card system, which will have its own API that homebrewers can plug into to push recently played games. I love the giantbomb api though since it lets me pull box art of the games reliably. The card system isnt public yet, it is running in a private beta while we icon out a few bugs. As part of this project, we will probably open source some wrapper PHP classes that eliminate the XML part and allow you to make simple calls to the giantbomb db pretty easily (assuming you have an API key) without any knowledge of XML".

MattJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Etheboss said:
Spidy1000 said:
ozl said:
Thanks a lot
Good day people!

As far as i can tell it's a flashcard, same system like the DS...
What makes you think that?

Its basically just an image that shows what games you have. Useful for forum signatures and such.

What ozl is suggesting is having Wiiflow update the games you have to the NCard system automatically, so manual updating is no longer required

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
MattJ said:
Etheboss said:
Spidy1000 said:
ozl said:
Thanks a lot
Good day people!

As far as i can tell it's a flashcard, same system like the DS...
What makes you think that?

Its basically just an image that shows what games you have. Useful for forum signatures and such.

What ozl is suggesting is having Wiiflow update the games you have to the NCard system automatically, so manual updating is no longer required

Sorry MattJ, after reading about it some more i realised that i had the wrong conclusion, i allready adjusted my earlier comment.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Well, to be honest, I WOULD also like to see WiiFlow "adding" the games you're playing to a Site, but not NCard, Raptr would probably better, in my opinion. I guess I would even donate a bit if I could get this...
tongue.gif

Though, I also agree that this shouldn't be in WiiFlow, since the point of WiiFlow is to not get bloated with useless features. I would love to have that, but that's a feature that doesn't match to WiiFlow. Sometimes we have to sacrifice our wishes, I guess. And right now, other things (Bugs) are more important...

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
PizzaPino said:
at first wiiflow should be able to show your gamestats on the normal wiiboard or however you call it
Still, getting a "mail" telling me how much time I spent on a game or telling me I made a new record/highscore is useless. Just like the "movie preview" feauture, just because it can be done, doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Pip'

kai445

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pippin666 said:
PizzaPino said:
at first wiiflow should be able to show your gamestats on the normal wiiboard or however you call it
Still, getting a "mail" telling me how much time I spent on a game or telling me I made a new record/highscore is useless. Just like the "movie preview" feauture, just because it can be done, doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Pip'

Just because it is another feature, does not necessarily mean it is a bad idea either. Right now it just says "WiiFlow" in the message board for gameplay statistics... if the patch to put correct game statistics on the board is not terribly convoluted, what is the disadvantage of doing so?

Where is the clutter? It isn't something that even takes up a menu option, it's something that happens "behind the scenes" and would make WiiFlow a more integrated experience.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: irdk :unsure: +1