spayrosam

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
.:Plasma:. said:
gitkua said:
whatever happened to just being helpful? Oh well; here's a link on how to create iso forwarders:
http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=187806

I was being helpful, I replied with useful information didn't I? Think that covers the definition of being helpful.

Also if he or anyone interested in "VC Wiiflow Forwarer ISO" searches those 4 words in Google the first link offered is a link to a page in this very thread with further info. I'm sure a similar search of the site will also glean some useful links. The whole idea of a forum is people can search, read and learn. not to repeatedly post the same information over and over again.

Now we're done ripping each other to pieces, and wasting a whole page of this thread can we give it a break? and get back to the important bits!

Plasma

Credit to 3ISO'S Studio
Any ISO forwarders forward to Triiforwarders folder is created with 3 ISO'S Studio "Forwarder-main.dol-base"..
open main.dol with hexeditor and Find "Triiforwarders", you'll see credit
wink.gif

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
silentdk said:
Have an Wii 4.1e and updated to the latest R42 Wiiflow because I want to use the NTFS option, but get "Disc_SetWBFS failed" and can only set WFBS partions in settings, do I need to edit wiiflow.ini or do I need to update the CIOS249 rev. 14?
Yes, you need to upgrade to rev 18+, or use cios 222.

QUOTE(silentdk @ Apr 1 2010, 12:49 PM) How do I update the CIOS if thats the issue and where should the games be placed on an NTFS partion? In the root, or an folder, and how can they images be named?
I suggest you search this topic. Above the Add reply button is a "Enter Keywords" textbox. Hardly noticable, but it works fine.

Edit: it's the Add Reply button at the bottom
tongue.gif

gogorman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need some advice.
First of all, this app is AMAZING - really appreciate al of the work that gos into making it. I haven't touched my original Wii discs for about a year!

Ok, so I have r42 right now, the 249 version.
WiiFlow boots fine but when I change the settings of a particular game (such as Guitar Hero 5) to 223, then quit out of WiiFlow the setting aren't saved. Meaning I have to change the settings of certain games every time I load WiiFlow. Is this normal?

Also, when trying to get Homebrew ISO Forwarders to work, they work fine with r42 222 version, but with 249 they don't...unless I change the setting to 222, which then is not saved after I quit out and restart WiiFlow.
I have my games (and forwarders) on a wbfs partiton if that helps.
Should I be using 222 or 249? Which will give me better compatibility? How can I save the settings for the games and forwarders? I'm sure it did this previously, didn't it?

Thanks in advance!

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
NTFS isn't working for me in r42... it says I don't have enough space to install a game to the HDD, but I have almost 100GB free. Something like "You need %s blocks free but you have %a". In the untested version for RB, I get a "You need 208 blocks free but you have -208294178017'" or something like that. Heeelp. I know someone else had this problem before but it was supposedly fixed in r42

EDIT: I tried installing a game on my PC using Wii Backup Manager, and it installed fine but WiiFlow still says that no games were found in the drive. Also I forced NTFS1 on wiiflow.ini. Am I doing something wrong, or is it a bug?

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
davidsl_128 said:
I tried installing a game on my PC using Wii Backup Manager, and it installed fine but WiiFlow still says that no games were found in the drive. Also I forced NTFS1 on wiiflow.ini. Am I doing something wrong, or is it a bug?
Well...no, and no. NTFS is readonly, you CANNOT install games to it.

Doctair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:

There seems so much demand for NTFS support, but I am not really seeing any real benefit to using for Wii backups
unsure.gif
. not having a 2 gig FAt file size limitation is probably the main benefit.

Just not seeing the need.. WBFS works fine for me .. but thats just me..

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
r-win said:
davidsl_128 said:
I tried installing a game on my PC using Wii Backup Manager, and it installed fine but WiiFlow still says that no games were found in the drive. Also I forced NTFS1 on wiiflow.ini. Am I doing something wrong, or is it a bug?
So how do I get a game there if I can't install it with neither WiiFlow or a PC Backup Manager? Do I have to use other loader to install games? Please help
frown.gif

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
jsugarsmacks said:
USB Loader GX should work fine for you davidsl_128. I have used it to install games to NTFS.
Yeah that installed the game, thanks! But it also made the NTFS partition unreadable by Windows
frown.gif
Probably because the installation crashed 3 times and I had to force shutdown xD I knew NTFS was buggy on the Wii, but not this much! Now I have to get some recovery tool and copy everything to my PC
hate2.gif

Anyway, can't I just copy the .iso files I have on my computer to the NTFS drive and make it so that the Wii reads them? I already have all my backups in my PC, so it'd be safer to copy them than reinstall them on the Wii.

Doctair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
davidsl_128 said:
jsugarsmacks said:
USB Loader GX should work fine for you davidsl_128. I have used it to install games to NTFS.
Yeah that installed the game, thanks! But it also made the NTFS partition unreadable by Windows
frown.gif
Probably because the installation crashed 3 times and I had to force shutdown xD I knew NTFS was buggy on the Wii, but not this much! Now I have to get some recovery tool and copy everything to my PC
hate2.gif

if you need a tool try this.. its free and works well I have used on many a failed or corrupted disk..

http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an idea for an enhancement. Could there be a page that shows the stats of the hard drive such as free space, games installed, etc?

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Matt93 said:
I have an idea for an enhancement. Could there be a page that shows the stats of the hard drive such as free space, games installed, etc?
I believe that there's already an Issue on googlecode about that. You can always go and vote for the issue to make it more important on their ToDo list. I did
smile.gif

EDIT: Yeah it's there, it's issue 115 "More details on interface".

EDIT2: What files can WiiFlow read on NTFS, besides .iso? .wbfs? .ciso? what? Also can I just copy them to the WBFS folder of my ntfs drive? Or do I have to do something else for WiiFlow to recognize them?

EDIT3lol: Yeah, I just used Wii Backup Manager to copy as .wbfs and it worked. The probem was that the folder I made was called "WBFS" but WiiFlow only recognizes "wbfs", in lowercase.

gogorman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need some advice.
First of all, this app is AMAZING - really appreciate al of the work that gos into making it. I haven't touched my original Wii discs for about a year!

WiiFlow boots fine but when I change the settings of a particular game (such as Guitar Hero 5) to 223, then quit out of WiiFlow the setting aren't saved. Meaning I have to change the settings of certain games every time I load WiiFlow. Is this normal?

Also, when trying to get Homebrew ISO Forwarders to work, they work fine with r42 222 version, but with 249 they don't...unless I change the setting to 222, which then is not saved after I quit out and restart WiiFlow.
Should I be using 222 or 249? Which will give me better compatibility? How can I save the settings for the games and forwarders? I'm sure it did this previously, didn't it?

Thanks in advance!

Anyone?

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
gogorman said:
Need some advice.

Thanks in advance!

Anyone?
Try changing the IOS for that game(s) in Wiiflow.ini

gogorman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
davidsl_128 said:
gogorman said:
Need some advice.

Thanks in advance!

Anyone?
Try changing the IOS for that game(s) in Wiiflow.ini

I'll give that a shot. That was my next step.
Just wondering if anyone knew why it wouldn't automatically be saving the settings?
It previously did this right?

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gogorman said:
Just wondering if anyone knew why it wouldn't automatically be saving the settings?
It previously did this right?
Try deleteing the ini files and starting afresh. Hibern used to recommened this each time a new revison came out. I think other loaders have similar problems between revisions.

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys ,
not been on for a while , was wondering if theres a list of updates /changes since r25 i had a look at wiki but didnt help !

so im assuming if i update its gonna be a complete update , wiiflow , cios and themes ? but what is the benefits from r25 ?

cheers

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
geedub said:
hey guys , not been on for a while , was wondering if theres a list of updates /changes since r25 i had a look at wiki but didnt help !

so im assuming if i update its gonna be a complete update , wiiflow , cios and themes ? but what is the benefits from r25 ?

cheers
I think that Fat32 and NTFS support are the biggest things. Support for Hermes 223/224 is being implemented, though it still doesn't work now. Also if you get a new rev make sure to get a new theme, the old themes may look disorganized in the new revs (nothing too bad though)

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got Wiiflow to read my FAT32 partition, and games load just fine, but it doesn't save my settings. When I power off my Wii, turn it back on and load up Wiiflow, it's still trying to look for a WBFS partition. I've tried looking in the wiiflow config file for anything related to partition and I'm not seeing anything. Is this fixable?

wipy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Luriden said:
I got Wiiflow to read my FAT32 partition, and games load just fine, but it doesn't save my settings. When I power off my Wii, turn it back on and load up Wiiflow, it's still trying to look for a WBFS partition. I've tried looking in the wiiflow config file for anything related to partition and I'm not seeing anything. Is this fixable?

delete wiiflow folder from your usb drive and verify your wiiflow.ini on SD have both lines "partition=fat1" and
"data on usb = no" . maybe changes are saved to usb but app is loaded from SD so changes doesn't take effect, deleting any wiiflow folders on the usb drive and keeping all wiiflow folders on sd only may fix

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.