Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
yes you can add more pages by editing that number but keep in mind that more pages means more icons and more memory stress and problems
concerning multiple source menus, I have Maxternal's source menu editor included in the pack so that ppl can customize easily.
I can make a 2D icon for the internet but tbh I prefer to keep all those homebrew apps (youtube, opera, etc..) away from the source menu.
that's why we have a homebrew mode in the first place.

Reactions: spacepimp

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's not exactly a 'forwarder' - the BootOpera plugin just feeds opera (a.k.a. the internet channel) a web url, and opera loads to that page. Opera is unmodified and functions as it normally would - so it doesn't return to wiiflow on exit, or read the bookmarks from the wiiflow folder, for example.
Lol, you just described how a forwarder with arguments works. If it were a plugin, then it probably would return to wiiflow.

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
Lol, you just described how a forwarder with arguments works. If it were a plugin, then it probably would return to wiiflow.

I appreciate the correction, i meant to differentiate between just loading opera to the default page - which is what a 'forwarder' would do in this context; with feeding an argument to opera so it loads to a specific page - a 'forwarder/argument passer onner', if you prefer :) EDIT: can't quite work out what you mean by "if it were a plugin..." - Can you explain this? Functionally, as far as wiiflow is concerned - it's a plugin, right?

Good to see you're on hand to correct any falsehoods or misleading information.

:)

Thanks again.

yes you can add more pages by editing that number but keep in mind that more pages means more icons and more memory stress and problems
concerning multiple source menus, I have Maxternal's source menu editor included in the pack so that ppl can customize easily.
I can make a 2D icon for the internet but tbh I prefer to keep all those homebrew apps (youtube, opera, etc..) away from the source menu.

that's why we have a homebrew mode in the first place.
more button numbers was just for ease of use when experimenting with the source_menu.ini - good to know it's editable, tho'! I appreciate the 2D internet/bookmarks source button - does this mean you'll be including it in the standard source_menu.ini ?
Thanks Fellah

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can't quite work out what you mean by "if it were a plugin..." - Can you explain this? Functionally, as far as wiiflow is concerned - it's a plugin, right?

Ok, so basically it's the same, but what i understand is:

1. with a plugin you can manipulate the settings via a ini file, forwarders use xml parsing and pass it to HBC, not wiiflow.
2. the plugin is designed to work with wiiflow, thats why you can always return to wiiflow with the plugins and do much more stuff then with forwarders.
3. anything i forgot?

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, so basically it's the same, but what i understand is:

1. with a plugin you can manipulate the settings via a ini file, forwarders use xml parsing and pass it to HBC, not wiiflow.
2. the plugin is designed to work with wiiflow, thats why you can always return to wiiflow with the plugins and do much more stuff then with forwarders.
3. anything i forgot?

Thanks for the clarification. fyi, the bootopera plugin does have a corresponding ini file, with [PLUGIN] right there at the top. I have to disagree that the ability to return to wiiflow is defining characteristic of a plugin - none of the wii/GC/nand game launchers do, for example. You're right to point out that you can do a lot more with it than with wiichannel homebrew forwarders, in fact given that users can very easily generate their own bookmarks, i.e. their own content, in some way it's more sophisticated still.. Little English usage tip: I use inverted commas '' in the earlier 'forwarder' context to imply that I'm using a term slightly outside its usual meaning. This is quite common practice in English, so it's good we picked up on it.

There are some things you forgot. Quite glaringly, i'd say. It's Roy Scheider, btw, my mistake.

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The main difference in this plugin is it sends the arguments, and then the arguments are sent to an external app (Opera channel) with the WII_LaunchTitleWithArgs function. Usually, you modify the app directly to accept arguments, and what to do with them. It's more flexible this way since you can change all you want.
Some apps don't even need to be modified because they have command line support from the PC world.

Here, it's like a template or a hello world for Wiiflow's plugin. There's only 1 file, and I'm sure it could help others to understand and create their own plugin. So my question is : where's the source code spacepimp ?:)

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for the detailed explanation.
*headslap* The source. As in "open source". My apologies.
EDIT: A Post on Maxternal's Thread seems more appropriate.
I'd also suggest reading this post of wiimpathy's - and having a look round Maxternal's plugin and java thread generally, thar be gold.
I also chanced across a really interesting 'Help a new coder out' type thread elsewhere on this forum, but haven't had a chance to dig in. I think it was started by Rick420.

JSchloegel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am again trying to get my system set up correctly. I got the current Masterpiece Pack from Abz, removed everything but my games, apps, covers and cache, followed the directions and copied the stuff onto my HDD. I removed my channel and downloaded a recent forwarder channel, making sure all is good. Wiiflow loads, if I have it set to no emulation, the games load properly. If I have savegame emulation on then the game doesn't load but rather returns to Wiiflow. If I go to emulated NAND from the source menu, I indeed have the items that are there. Any thoughts on what I'm missing here? I've been having this problem essentially for the last several hundred revisions, but I give up and let a couple months go by before I try to figure it out again. I'd like to get it working this time. Thanks!

James

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like the U-Stealth app doesn't work with drives with a low level format of 4096 bytes. I just got a new 2TB drive and I can't get U-Stealth to get it to stealth the partition so it can be used on a WiiU.

It shows the status as UNKNOWN.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I am again trying to get my system set up correctly. I got the current Masterpiece Pack from Abz, removed everything but my games, apps, covers and cache, followed the directions and copied the stuff onto my HDD. I removed my channel and downloaded a recent forwarder channel, making sure all is good. Wiiflow loads, if I have it set to no emulation, the games load properly. If I have savegame emulation on then the game doesn't load but rather returns to Wiiflow. If I go to emulated NAND from the source menu, I indeed have the items that are there. Any thoughts on what I'm missing here? I've been having this problem essentially for the last several hundred revisions, but I give up and let a couple months go by before I try to figure it out again. I'd like to get it working this time.
Which D2X cIOS do u have installed?

slider1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, hoping this place is right to ask wiiflow questions.
I recently updated to 4.2 /great work by the way/ but the only issue is I can't have any ocarina cheats work with virtual console games.
Unlike 4.0.1 this version loads the games but the cheat isn't applied.
It worked in 4.0.2 which is what I upgraded from, any ideas or suggestions?

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, hoping this place is right to ask wiiflow questions.
I recently updated to 4.2 /great work by the way/ but the only issue is I can't have any ocarina cheats work with virtual console games.
Unlike 4.0.1 this version loads the games but the cheat isn't applied.
It worked in 4.0.2 which is what I upgraded from, any ideas or suggestions?
Once again I have a feeling you have to set the hook type to VBI or something for the ocarina cheats to work. for some reason Fix94 set it to default off i think. this seems to be a common mistake people make using cheats

slider1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once again I have a feeling you have to set the hook type to VBI or something for the ocarina cheats to work. for some reason Fix94 set it to default off i think. this seems to be a common mistake people make using cheats

Thanks for the reply at 4.2 it has an auto setting but tried that and all the other settings.
Can someone confirm this works for them at 4.2 if so my guess will be something might have gotten corrupted with the upgrade although I started the wiiflow folder fresh.

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
I renamed my libogc folder. Reinstalled devilkitpro. Compiled some things. Lovely.
However, since i renamed the folders back again (and reinstalled the wiiflow libogc, just to make sure) - I keep getting this error:
Code:
linking ... boot.elf
booter.o:(.sdata.booter_size+0x0): multiple definition of `booter_size'
external_booter.o:c:/wiiflowmod/source/booter/external_booter.cpp:145: first defined here
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [/c/wiiflowmod/out/boot.elf] Error 1
make[1]: *** [build] Error 2
"make": *** [all] Error 2

> Process Exit Code: 2
I've updated the SVN. Green ticks everywhere. What am I missing?
I think programmers notepad i've installed might be a newer version - might that be it?
Just deleted my openwiiflowmod folder contents , redownloaded the svn - trying again.

EDIT: FYI, doing this ^ worked :D

Reactions: mastershoes

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I renamed my libogc folder. Reinstalled devilkitpro. Compiled some things. Lovely.
However, since i renamed the folders back again (and reinstalled the wiiflow libogc, just to make sure) - I keep getting this error:
Code:
linking ... boot.elf
booter.o:(.sdata.booter_size+0x0): multiple definition of `booter_size'
external_booter.o:c:/wiiflowmod/source/booter/external_booter.cpp:145: first defined here
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [/c/wiiflowmod/out/boot.elf] Error 1
make[1]: *** [build] Error 2
"make": *** [all] Error 2

> Process Exit Code: 2
I've updated the SVN. Green ticks everywhere. What am I missing?
I think programmers notepad i've installed might be a newer version - might that be it?
Just deleted my openwiiflowmod folder contents , redownloaded the svn - trying again.

EDIT: FYI, doing this ^ worked :D
yes i got the same error on update. i had to make a whole new folder and checkout to that folder and all was fine. seems something didn't get deleted or changed during the update so a whole new source folder fixes it.

Onanghy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI, when i delete any wii game i get a code dump... my games is in NTFS partition in wbfs folder... i use r1052... somebody can help me... pls... thanks...

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
I was experimenting with a few old boot animation finds, but no joy...

Still, made this boot/wait animation for my own amusement, seems churlish not to share :)
WX6c3Ja.gif

Updated to rev 1052
boot.dol
zip with dol, imgs and bins folders.

spayrosam

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is there a possibility to add trailers/Movie-Infos for movies ?
I can write a program to define a unique identifier for each movie-name

Example: Movie-name.iso
  1. define a unique identifier for Movie-name.iso
  2. Create a folder (unique identifier : Like 0MN001 ) and move Movie-name.iso to 0MN001 Folder
  3. Create inifile (0MN001=Movie-name.iso)
Code:
[Mplayer ce]
0MN001=Movie-name.iso
0MN002=Movie-name2.iso
0MN003=Movie-name3.iso

Based on the inifile, WiiFlow has unique id for each movie-name ;)

q9ay.png

Download www.dropbox.com/s/cnwbp4vsykx9jt8/Movies%20Names%20To%20ID.rar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVUjbpqsE_M