Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Latest RetroArch dols work with WF unmodified but not perfectly (many times you can't access the setting screen or will have a reload or code dump).
The pack that maxternal posted has old dols compiled by Fix94.
There are few more dols in my Masterpiece pack, check the link in my sig for the website full info (links on the website work).
As for C64 network all work fine except few multitrack disks (only work with old v8) but that's not a big deal. The plugin will autorun the tapes and disks automatically and start the game.
@Maxternal did u make Devo 188 plugin yet?

Reactions: Dump

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
@maxternal his site is up with the latest files and WiiFlow. It's on his sig, properly titled as Wiiflow 4 The Masterpiece lol.

@fix94/fledge68, I finally started caching the Genesis covers from Mastershoes thread. But I'm having very unfavorable results :P lol. I am trying to cache a little over 900 covers but I remember being able to do so pretty smoothly in the past. I just had to do a manual restart (Hold B + Home 2x) like 2 -3 times so mem wouldn't run out.

Right now the covers being cached are hit or miss very random. Sometimes they do sometimes they don't. Multiple runs gets them all cached but it stop caching altogether after 10 - 12 covers are loaded. Then I just get an SD loading image quickly followed by a question mark.

Like BostonBC said is there any thing I can do on my end some form of logging, or compiling the latest build and testing with memory displayed?

EDIT: btw forgot to mention using r884.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
@maxternal his site is up with the latest files and WiiFlow. It's on his sig, properly titled as Wiiflow 4 The Masterpiece lol.
Nice, I knew he had his masterpiece in mirrored other places but I thought it was too big when he just wanted one plugin ... but didn't see that I could get at individual files on the website. Very nice.

irishfortune1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been looking around, trying to find a solution to this problem, but I couldn't. Does anyone know why if I have multiple isos on a USB drive, only one shows up whenever I go to the gamecube selection screen? If I delete the one that shows up, the second one on my USB shows up. The game selection list is just the one game at a time.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I've been looking around, trying to find a solution to this problem, but I couldn't. Does anyone know why if I have multiple isos on a USB drive, only one shows up whenever I go to the gamecube selection screen? If I delete the one that shows up, the second one on my USB shows up. The game selection list is just the one game at a time.
Where EXACTLY do you have your ISO's on your drive and what are they named?

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
nice icon. :yay:

for those that don't have a single icon like that you can also put multiple magic numbers separated by commas on the magic= setting for the button in source_menu.ini
Something like this
magic=11111111,22222222,33333333
for it to mix them together when they're not really in the same plugin.
Source menu never ends to amaze me. Never knew that multiple magic numbers would be possible in the .ini.
I couldn't ask for more!

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Latest RetroArch dols work with WF unmodified but not perfectly (many times you can't access the setting screen or will have a reload or code dump).
The pack that maxternal posted has old dols compiled by Fix94.
There are few more dols in my Masterpiece pack, check the link in my sig for the website full info (links on the website work).
As for C64 network all work fine except few multitrack disks (only work with old v8) but that's not a big deal. The plugin will autorun the tapes and disks automatically and start the game.
@Maxternal did u make Devo 188 plugin yet?
About Retroarch I noticed that too with fb_alpha.dol. In my case when I enter settings menu it sometimes restarts the game (but no code dumps).
Thanks for the updated pack, very handy. :lol:
And about C64 network, with multitracks disk that are not working do you mean games that are on multiple sides? I will test it tomorrow with some games like Turrican 2 and The Last Ninja 1 - 2 - 3, I hope that they do work.
Too bad I can't find many full covers for old C64 games on the net... If only I hadn't gifted all my C64 games to my cousin a long time ago....

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Right now the covers being cached are hit or miss very random. Sometimes they do sometimes they don't. Multiple runs gets them all cached but it stop caching altogether after 10 - 12 covers are loaded. Then I just get an SD loading image quickly followed by a question mark.
I had a similar problem (with less than 900 covers, though) and after moving Wiiflow to USB it disappeared.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so upon further testing and checking out my setup convinced there might be something wrong on my end I realized I still had force cIOS on and set to 249. Once I turned this off and WiiFlow started under IOS58 I saw an immediate improvement in the speed of my cover cache loading. Unfortunately the bug is still there, and covers cease to stop caching after a while but at least it's more along 20 now instead of 10.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noticed the help file is a bit outdated. Anyone feel like updating it to a more complete version, maybe with explanations of every wiiflow setting and feature. Imagining as if it were a retail product with an instruction booklet...

Reactions: spacepimp

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Noticed the help file is a bit outdated. Anyone feel like updating it to a more complete version, maybe with explanations of every wiiflow setting and feature. Imagining as if it were a retail product with an instruction booklet...
I think it would be best to have a page on the wiki that explains all wiiflow.ini options, global settings options and game settings options. Keep the help file concise and specific, and refer to the wiki for additional details.

@fledge68/fix94 I've made wonderful progress on the cover cache front. I have been able to cache covers with absolutely no problem! I will share my findings once I can reproduce exactly what causes the issue. Which should be sometime tonight.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Someone should help me figure out how to get my AR codes off, I still can't figure it out :/
If nothing else I think you could just delete the files in the /wiiflow/codes folder (or whatever it's called) or just move it or name it something else until you want to use codes again.

Dustinblack18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yah I tried naming them something else, and they still refuse to turn off. The reason it's hard to do this is because I don't have my own computer, so when I go home moving stuff around on my SD becomes hard.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Yah I tried naming them something else, and they still refuse to turn off. The reason it's hard to do this is because I don't have my own computer, so when I go home moving stuff around on my SD becomes hard.
Hmm, that IS weird. it shouldn't be able to use the cheats if it can't find them ... unless there's part of the game that's SUPPOSED to be that way, no cheats necessary.

Anyway, if you need to move things around your SD card or USB drive you should try out WiiXplorer. It does a lot of file related things you would otherwise have to use a computer for.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1