Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

mclow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ok im done doing my cover work lol almost everything accept the gc retail disks is working....
but now theres another problem...
if i try to start gameboyadvance games via wiiflow nothing happens just a black screen kicks me back to wiiflow...
snes games are working....

and the last question is: can i change the background from the source menü?
just finished all the pictures and thought a background is missing in the source menu.....

goodnight folks

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this has already been mentioned or not, but just in case.. It's come to my attention that cheat codes no longer work with the Ocarina. Downloading the codes works just fine, it's just trying to get them to work that's been a pain. This is for 4.0.3 & 4.0.4. There may be other revs too, but this is when I took noticed.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ocarina code work fine in both 4.0.3 and 4.0.4 with wii games and channels, just verified that. Are you sure you set ocarina to on and selected a hooktype? Most of the time VBI or OSSleepThread work just fine to get them to work. In older revs it just enabled VBI without noticing, I removed that because its just wrong imo to secretly enable an option.

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
ouw09f.gif
30dl3kk.gif

29oqszm.gif
25u1hzl.gif

ket6bm.gif
mrrbzb.gif

2vamd5u.gif

WTF?

These are teeny tiny 10 OR 8 frame 16x9 pixel gifs (zoom right in!).

But why, are you a mental?

Well, there was an option in Wiiflow 2.1-2.2 ish, that enabled users easily change their "wait animations" without recompiling wiiflow.
ie. have these -
customised and themed wait animations - i.e. instead of
2duyre0.gif
the standard wait animation.

So why isn't this available in Wiiflow4?

There's a problem - the frame from the original animation would be loaded before the frame from the users animation was loaded - this made the animation glitchy and slow to load.

So, why the 2kb gifs?

Well, my thinking is, if it is inevitable that the standard frames be loaded first, before the users chosen animation, why not make the standard animation really small?

But it's too small to see, and zoomed in it looks a bit poo.

Yes, the teeny tiny animations would need scaling up and anti aliasing (nb. not actual anti aliasing, but crossfading across pixels - know what i mean?), and that would take resources, also these conditions need to be removed when displaying the users' wait animation.

As for looking a bit poo - the challenge is to make something not as poo, but equally as small. It's my 1st go, tbh. Also, most of the time, I would assume users will be choosing to have themed or custom wait animations.

What's the point in all this?

Well, if the devs decide on a tiny wait animation (by competition perhaps;-) ) and implement it, that leaves room for users to either pick a custom 200x100 wait animation, or frees up resources for elsewhere in wiiflow.

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ocarina code work fine in both 4.0.3 and 4.0.4 with wii games and channels, just verified that. Are you sure you set ocarina to on and selected a hooktype? Most of the time VBI or OSSleepThread work just fine to get them to work. In older revs it just enabled VBI without noticing, I removed that because its just wrong imo to secretly enable an option.
Yes that was it. The hooktype was disabled. I set it to VBI and everything worked great once again. Thanks for your troubles and clarifying me on this FIX94.

mclow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ok guys got resident evil working.... tried every video mode witih 50 and 60 hertz.... the problem was i had to set resident evil to 60 mhz... now its working.... XD just one question and im good to go... can i change the background of the source menu???

Dump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok guys got resident evil working.... tried every video mode witih 50 and 60 hertz.... the problem was i had to set resident evil to 60 mhz... now its working.... XD just one question and im good to go... can i change the background of the source menu???
Yes you can change the theme which would change the background you can also change the source menu buttons check these out

Themes
http://wii.spiffy360.com/themes.php?k=&v=&creator=&category=2&sort=13

Source Menu
http://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiflow-source-menu-button-sets.334967/

Reactions: mclow

UUDDLRLRBA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure FIX94 knows about this. But unless you or somebody knows how to do a little coding we just have to wait for another update. :blink:

I know Ruby on Rails and associated web related languages. :wink:

A little off topic, but does anyone know of a guide to making a theme? I have no idea what the "titles" are in the ini file. Any way to extract the default theme?

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I know Ruby on Rails and associated web related languages. :wink:

A little off topic, but does anyone know of a guide to making a theme? I have no idea what the "titles" are in the ini file. Any way to extract the default theme?
Best people to wait for a response from or PM to learn about theming are Shortz1994, Drakorex or AbdallahTerro. They should be around soon and you can check out their themes on spiffy wii. Multiflow is outrageously awesome.

mclow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
when i changed my theme the "left part" was back again... i think he forgot or named a picture in the dol file wrong... just download a theme u can change almost everything in the ini file...

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Try putting fileTypes=. instead. If not, then the way it identifies the files must have a dot in it.
Hmm, I'll try that. We'll see what happens.

Along those same lines, anyone know how set up a plugin similar to the ScummVM one where it uses an INI file instead of a directory? (What parts it NEEDS and doesn't.) my first attempts at doing it that way have failed as well.

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
ouw09f.gif
30dl3kk.gif

29oqszm.gif
25u1hzl.gif

ket6bm.gif
mrrbzb.gif

2vamd5u.gif

But it's too small to see, and zoomed in it looks a bit poo.

Yes, the teeny tiny animations would need scaling up and anti aliasing (nb. not actual anti aliasing, but crossfading across pixels - know what i mean?), and that would take resources, also these conditions need to be removed when displaying the users' wait animation.
I mean it looks all fuzzy rather than this
slslg3.png
Pixelated.
(thanks naxil!)

geoGolem

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys,

I was out of the loop for a while and I noticed the wiiflow project got updated.

Now I'm confused which I should be using wiiflow or open-wiiflow-mod...

Whats the difference?

Thanks

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
when i changed my theme the "left part" was back again... i think he forgot or named a picture in the dol file wrong... just download a theme u can change almost everything in the ini file...
You guys wanna know a few more details? Somethings fucked up with either libogc or the devkitpro compiler package, if you start the dol something inside it gets corrupted and overwrites a few bytes in our dol, this issue is there since pretty much the beginning but nobody noticed just wondered some features crashed sometimes or so, atm that corruption is on the button left selected png, that invaliades the pic so its missing. Older versions displayed it anyways, that made some pngs looking broken, now with my updates on it it'll be set to nothing, just to make sure nothing can get fucked up.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys,
Now I'm confused which I should be using wiiflow or open-wiiflow-mod...

Whats the difference?

Thanks
Hey, in short the open-wiiflow-mod svn is my playground where I commit pretty much everything I do on it, that means constant updates but also very buggy and unstable revisions, the main wiiflow svn is now used for stable revisions as you can see that they are downloads again, I suggest you to use the stable wiiflow revisions from there, I'm updating them regulary as well so you'll also be on a quite good updated rev.

Reactions: geoGolem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@