Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
MassiveRican said:
Hybrid how many games do you have? And yes certainly your help would be appreciated man, I think the best way to report things is directly through IRC and as Miigotu isn't on the forums as often I'm going to start reporting the issues on his SVN. Once it's on google code he'll take a look at it more promptly I believe but I want to get a decent list of games and the last rev that worked for them, so that it'll be an all at once deal lol.

I have 22 games on my hard drive well make that 26 cause I ordered some from ebay about a day or so ago. Okay more things to report. I just launched Animal Crossing (NTSC-U) on R425 and the game literally freezes at random when you're in the village/town or w/e. So yeah..this is REALLY starting to get iriitating but it's all for the sake of bug reports ^^

Please do report our findings to Miigotu (I know I'm asking a lot from you but please do report it to whomever it may concern) ;D

EDIT1: @Maxternal I just launched Black ops and the game and it froze on me. So i guess it isn't just you.

EDIT2: Okay re-launched black ops again for the sake of it..ANNND the game worked..soo WTF? O_O!?
i'm compiling previous versions now and will test said games by you thanks a lot

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Updated themes to work with WiiFlow Mod r225 new categories menu.

http://www.mediafire...e_Pack_r225.rar
Thanks! I don't see the compiled version of mod-r225 available yet. Does anyone have a link for it? Or better yet does anyone have instructions for compiling it myself?
You'll need DevKit Pro with latest libogc (get it from cfg usbl googlecode download page) & SlikSVN
After setting up checkout the SVN (copy the svn link from wiiflow source page and paste it in a dos prompt using cmd)
you'll get the wiiflow source directory, inside is a the project file. Open it with programmers notepad and hit alt+1.
You'll get the latest boot.elf and boot.dol.
You might get errors if you missed something but once it works, you're fine.
Later just repeat the svn command in the same folder to update the source when updates are available and rebuild again.
Hope this helps.
Let me know if you have any problems.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks! I don't see the compiled version of mod-r225 available yet. Does anyone have a link for it? Or better yet does anyone have instructions for compiling it myself?
you have a PM :)

You'll need DevKit Pro with latest libogc (get it from cfg usbl googlecode download page) & SlikSVN
After setting up checkout the SVN (copy the svn link from wiiflow source page and paste it in a dos prompt using cmd)
you'll get the wiiflow source directory, inside is a the project file. Open it with programmers notepad and hit alt+1.
Later just repeat the svn command in the same folder to update the source when updates are available and rebuild again.
Hope this helps.
Thanks guys!

Edit - I was able to build it without an error but I didn't know what to do with the latest libogc files. When I try it out it on one of my Wii's it comes up as r226.

-UnitMonster-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can somebody please help me setup nand emulation? I have literally tried everything. Every setting, every configuration, but something just isn't right. I have followed the guide on here and on wikiwiiflow. I am running r422 and d2x v8 cIOS. Currently my HDD is usb1fat, usb2ntsc, and usb3ntsc.

I love this loader and would love to make it even better. Thanks!

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Can somebody please help me setup nand emulation? I have literally tried everything. Every setting, every configuration, but something just isn't right. I have followed the guide on here and on wikiwiiflow. I am running r422 and d2x v8 cIOS. Currently my HDD is usb1fat, usb2ntsc, and usb3ntsc.

Okay, what is on which of those partitions for a start?

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country

you have a PM

Hope this helps.
Thanks guys!

Edit - I was able to build it without an error but I didn't know what to do with the latest libogc files. When I try it out it on one of my Wii's it comes up as r226.
well prob cuz when u compiled it the latest SVN at the moment was 226 u didn't anything wrong per say. U can actually choose which rev u want to build at anytime. Do have tortoise SVN?

Here's the link to c which rev is the latest at all times: www.code.google.com/p/open-wiiflow-mod/source/list

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I downloaded it just as the version was being updated so it's no big deal.

How do you select which version to build? I am more convered about the libogc files. How are they linked to the source?

I just downloaded Tortoise SVN.

Thanks!

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm not sure if this is a Wiiflow R425 error or not but I get a SET_USB_FAILED -3 when I launch Monster Hunter G.
I'm on 4.2U, WiiFlow R425 (official), Ios d2x v8 Final (done via ModMii)

Anyway what could be the issue here?

EDIT 1: The game names displayed when you hover over a game is also wrong. Like it says NHL 2K10 and other game names when i don't even have those games on my hard drive to begin with. O___O!!?! I also just deleted my cache and went into my wiiflow ini to check up on things and I saw that I had "update cache" to yes..so is that supposed to be on?

EDIT 2: So i fixed the whole random game name error when i hovered over my games but the Monster Hunter G SET USB FAILED: -3 error still remains.
Ok so finally finished d/loading and testing Monster Hunter G and I am not getting this error. At what point does it give you the error cuz, I was able to pick the character attributes name him and walk around aimlessly trying to figure out how to get the hell out of the first screen after you get a quest to get raw meat. Needless to say I couldn't figure it out got pissed and turned it off -.- but at least I'm not getting that error so all i can suggest if you have the original zipped game or iso to possibly delete and replace it, but if it works on another loader maybe it's a video patch you have on?

I'm on to testing the next possible problematic game lol prob The Smurfs Dance party, COD: Black ops and James Bond to see if I have issues

I think I downloaded it just as the version was being updated so it's no big deal.

How do you select which version to build? I am more convered about the libogc files. How are they linked to the source?

I just downloaded Tortoise SVN.

Thanks!
U can replace the old libogc files with the new ones inside the devkitpro folder, just delete or rename the original libogc folder, i renamed mine to old_libogc cuz i don't know the version # lol

With TortoiseSVN installed right-click over the wiiflow folder ( or whatever you named the folder with the source files) ->TortoiseSVN->update to revision->click revision button and type in what you want like 220 or 227 whatever.

KingMuk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MassiveRican said:
Ok so finally finished d/loading and testing Monster Hunter G and I am not getting this error. At what point does it give you the error cuz, I was able to pick the character attributes name him and walk around aimlessly trying to figure out how to get the hell out of the first screen after you get a quest to get raw meat. Needless to say I couldn't figure it out got pissed and turned it off -.- but at least I'm not getting that error so all i can suggest if you have the original zipped game or iso to possibly delete and replace it, but if it works on another loader maybe it's a video patch you have on?

I'm on to testing the next possible problematic game lol prob The Smurfs Dance party, COD: Black ops and James Bond to see if I have issues

WTF? Are you serious!? -___-" No way...but okay well can you tell me what settings you have MHG under on your R425? (btw I did a fresh install of R425 and still same thing) What ios...rev....etc are you using? Is you're MHG english patched? or is the RAW japanese (original) version? MHG does work on GX and an older Wiiflow as I''ve stated before. BAHH! Hope I hear from you soon! lol

EDIT: Smurfs wasn't working before I believe on R374-413 for me BUT it works on R425 ^_^

Last edited by KingMuk,

-UnitMonster-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have tried wiiflow and nand on usb1, wiiflow on usb1 with nand on usb2 and nand on usb1 with wiiflow on usb2. I have also tried using usb2 with ntfs and fat32.

The guide on wiiflow wiki also has an older wiiflow ini file that I don't think pertains to r422 anymore.

Can someone with a newer running version of wiiflow tell me their exact setup and shoot me their ini file and I will just clone it?

Thanks again!

macmanhigh

THC = Truly High Caliber
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I second that........tried everything but nand doesnt show up
it shows on postloader so i know its there but get StackDump when loading anything thru postloader. :(

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country

I have tried wiiflow and nand on usb1, wiiflow on usb1 with nand on usb2 and nand on usb1 with wiiflow on usb2. I have also tried using usb2 with ntfs and fat32.

The guide on wiiflow wiki also has an older wiiflow ini file that I don't think pertains to r422 anymore.

Can someone with a newer running version of wiiflow tell me their exact setup and shoot me their ini file and I will just clone it?

Thanks again!
I second that........tried everything but nand doesnt show up
it shows on postloader so i know its there but get StackDump when loading anything thru postloader. :(
First off, NAND needs to be on a fat32 partition and it needs to be formatted with 32k clusters in particlular. (I'm guessing that's [member='macmanhigh']'s stack dump but I can't be sure.).
Also, at least for WiiFlow, it's strongly recommended if not required to have NAND on a separate partition from where WiiFlow and Wii games are. (On the Wiki hidden on the botton of the "nand emulation" page there's a good partition suggestion by Miigotu that could help that's a little different than what is suggested in the "Partitioning" section.)
One thing I remember having trouble with when I was starting up was that where I changed the "wiiflow.ini" file setting to path=/nand/ I put an extra space after the = or I put it NAND when the folder was lowercase nand and visa versa.

I hope this helps.

painless

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if there's going to be a major update with WiiFlow anytime soon. An update that would take it from it's current Allpha stage to Beta perhaps?

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if there's going to be a major update with WiiFlow anytime soon. An update that would take it from it's current Allpha stage to Beta perhaps?
patience a release only happens when all the bugs are worked out for now feel free to try the latest betas of wiiflow and wiiflow mod

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
MassiveRican said:

WTF? Are you serious!? -___-" No way..okay well can you tell me what settings you have MHG under on your R425. (btw I did a fresh install of R425 and still same thing)
What ios...rev....etc are you using? is you're MHG english patched? or is the RAW japanese (original) version?

MHG does work on GX and an older Wiiflow as I''ve stated before. BAHH! Hope to hear from you soon!

EDIT: Smurfs wasn't working before I believe on R374-413 for me BUT it works on R425 ^_^
Haha funny that smurfs dance party works for you cuz it don't work for me on r425 it just black screens to death lol. I'm going to start checking past revisions to see if I can get it to work, I know it was working before i think on r417a4, I'm going to try that one first and go up to see where it broke for me

My MHG setup is as follows:

I have d2x-v8 Final, english patched; in general settings I set Default video mode to NTSC.
Other then that I have absolutely nothing changed and as long as I'm connected to a classic controller it starts up, I really don't know what it could be? You deleted your .ini and your settings forlder in /wiiflow right so do you have anything inserted in the other USB slot or GC mem cards or wavebird/gc remotes? Disconnect them if you do, just to test, it might not have anything to do with it at this point but we can't leave anything out.

Oh and [member='hybrid -x1'] I tried COD: Black Ops and it was working flawless, I even went a step further and since the game takes up like 150 block of nand space I tested the emulated save feature both full and partial in the game settings and it worked like a charm, loading the save of my USB. I went with partial cuz full creates folders on the root of SD card. With partial it saves to the folder you specify in the .ini under NAND path=/flownand for me :D I'm stoked.

However I'm having issues loading my emulated NAND in /flownand under wiiflow itself. It seems I can redirect my saves there but it dumps whenever I try to change to NAND view. I do have like over 100 titles so maybe that's the problem I'm going to try with a more lightweight NAND and see if I can get it to work but that'll be on a different day.

painless

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I go to launch a VC/WiiWare game, the disc slot light flashes very quickly once, like a blue strobe or something, then I get an error "Invalid Format" and I have to hard reset my Wii. I've tried this using Homebrew set to SD and to USB. Doesn't seem to matter. I've even tried it with no sd card at all.

Tried using one of the new forwarders from the Wiki. That helped get rid of my remote not synching properly.

I am at r418 with D2x-r7.

frown.png
Any thoughts please?

edit----

I tried moving all items from the nand folder on the root of usb1 to the actual root and then deleted the nand folder. That did not help.

edit----

Noticed USB Loader GX says it emulates nand also but have no clue how the heck to work it lol. Im giving up on WiiFlow nand emulation until the next official release... then we will see I guess.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
@[member='painless'] I'm going to be doing some NAND testing to check things out, but I believe from what I've read on the IRC that there are some NAND issues right now, it's not being worked on right now afaik so we'll have to wait until that gets looked at.

Edit: Like Maxternal said the .ini "path=" line is case and space sensitive, you might also need to try a fresh NAND and you can build one easily with ModMii

painless

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member='painless'] I'm going to be doing some NAND testing to check things out, but I believe from what I've read on the IRC that there are some NAND issues right now, it's not being worked on right now afaik so we'll have to wait until that gets looked at.

Edit: Like Maxternal said the .ini "path=" line is case and space sensitive, you might also need to try a fresh NAND and you can build one easily with ModMii
Thanks MassiveRican, I actually completely remodded the Wii from scratch, which included a boot2 nand backup. Using Giantpune's program as well as ShowMiiWads to inject all my WiiWare/VC stuff into it. Still, doesn't work. This is now hours and hours (days??) of trying to get this sorted out. My gut tells me there's some sort of correlation here with older Wii's and the WiiFlow programming because I have a couple of newer Wii's here that work perfectly. They started life as 4.1's and above while the older ones with 3.2-4.0 are the ones that have issues with nand emulation.

I'm so excited to see what happens next with WiiFlow though as well as USB Loader GX. They're both so awesome!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That's something I'd expect from ancientboi