Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

cwolfey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member='FIX94']
can you add a Shutdown button to Wiiflow like CFG or GX.
Or, once you press Home, Wiiflow shows a Menu with: Shutdown, HBC and System Menu.
thx
That would be nice. I personally would like being able to shut the Wii COMPLETELY down not just sleeping it (red power button light instead of the orange one) but for now, that I know of in WiiFlow, all I can do without having to actually walk over to the console and hold down the power button is use the power button on the wiimote which only sleeps it.

This I found to be a setting in the wii itself, Called "WiiConnect24"
Just turn that option off, now your wii will completely power down when using the power button on the remote, giving you the red light

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
@[member='FIX94']
can you add a Shutdown button to Wiiflow like CFG or GX.
Or, once you press Home, Wiiflow shows a Menu with: Shutdown, HBC and System Menu.
thx
That would be nice. I personally would like being able to shut the Wii COMPLETELY down not just sleeping it (red power button light instead of the orange one) but for now, that I know of in WiiFlow, all I can do without having to actually walk over to the console and hold down the power button is use the power button on the wiimote which only sleeps it.

This I found to be a setting in the wii itself, Called "WiiConnect24"
Just turn that option off, now your wii will completely power down when using the power button on the remote, giving you the red light

correct, does that with most homebrew that can shut down the wii thats why i dont use Wiiconnect24

Was going to suggest turning it off but my phnes browser doent like the reply box

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been told that Wiiflow supports the new version of the Motion+ controllers, but I tried it and they still lose sync. I tried r418 with both d2xv7 and d2xv8b41. Any idea what the problem is?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've been told that Wiiflow supports the new version of the Motion+ controllers, but I tried it and they still lose sync. I tried r418 with both d2xv7 and d2xv8b41. Any idea what the problem is?
r418 does not have the change, I'll pm you the latest mod revision.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
wiiflow never updates the game list every time i add a new game it never appears straight away i have to delete the damn cache every single time. think i'll go back to GX.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
wiiflow never updates the game list every time i add a new game it never appears straight away i have to delete the damn cache every single time. think i'll go back to GX.
Press B on the cog icon in the main screen (settings/options button)
didn't work and in gx last story there's an ugly green line along the bottom of the screen

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Press B on the cog icon in the main screen (settings/options button)
didn't work and in gx last story there's an ugly green line along the bottom of the screen
I was using r153 and it worked for me last night as I couldn't see Last Story either, until I did that and updated the gameTDB online.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r418 does not have the change, I'll pm you the latest mod revision.
I would also love to get a version that works with the latest Motion+ controllers too. r418 is terrific but I'm seeing the sync problem with some of my Wiimotes. Thanks!

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
the green line is on wiiflow too!!
If you're talking about when you're actually playing the game, I'm guessing it's a problem with the video mode change between NTSC and PAL. Besides making sure you have all the latest d2x cIOS installed I would recommend playing around with the different options to patch video modes. Otherwise I don't know what to tell ya.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have Kirby’s Return to Dreamland and The Smurf’s Dance Party working with the current version (r418) of WiiFlow. If so please share the config you are using.

Neither have played for some time in WiiFlow but work perfectly using CFG. I've tried multiple copies (NTSC and PAL) but they both hang in WiiFlow. I was using the d7 cIOS's but just updated to the d8beta but it's is the exact same results.

I tried auto settings as well as each IOS and other options but nothing seems to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I hate having to use CFG for just those 2 games.

TIA.
Ok, I finally did test them out and they both work for me. I can't say I know what's happening with yours.

Tried new R418 today, fresh install new wii
(used new v8b1r41 wads,new v11d forwarder)

Kirby Dream land didnt work, white screen after pressing "2"

Loaded the old R415.dol Kirby worked fine.

Note on R418: after initial fresh install new wii: tried a game, then tried to return home..froze at wiiflow screen, hard reset then tried to load covers..froze on 2nd cover, hard reset then loaded covers again, after the kirby didnt work I just deleted the R418 replaced with R415, all was fine.
Thanks, I was getting the same problem in r415 with the v7 cIOS's though. Are you using NAND emulation? I have several clean modded Wii's with the v8 beta cIOS's and they all fail the same way with r415 or r418 on the new Kirby.

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
the green line is on wiiflow too!!
If you're talking about when you're actually playing the game, I'm guessing it's a problem with the video mode change between NTSC and PAL. Besides making sure you have all the latest d2x cIOS installed I would recommend playing around with the different options to patch video modes. Otherwise I don't know what to tell ya.
He's marked as Australia (PAL, same as me) and also mentioned the problem was with The Last Story (which is also PAL) and in Wiiflow/CFG loaders themselves, so I'd say he has an issue which could be hardware, or bad fw/hack/cIOSx related.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome