Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

retroguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Benjay said:
Where did you get these strange numbers for revisions lol.
It's Wiiflow 2.2RC1 r304 (the latest) , well i guess it's what you use now , but use the real name convention please
wink.gif

2.045 was shown in my wiiflow menu. for r304, see here: http://code.google.com/p/wiiflow/downloads...=label:Featured

About worms: I wasn't asking for help, I already found that topic and other topics about worms yesterday. I was just mentioning that I was busy with it (didn't have the time to read those topics yet). Thanks anyway.
rolleyes.gif

fattest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am having an odd problem with wiiflow. i can no longer access all the pages of the settings, i think there were 7 pages i can only go thru 2 pages. and the 2nd page only has the option to change the theme. also, i can not access options for individual games or delete games -- the options are greyed out. the only thing i've changed is my tv (from a 32" crt to 46" led). i tried to update but it seems im running the latest build. i am launching thru a forwarder channel. what should i do?

Valguerra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been out of the scene for awhile and had a Question about wifflow 2.2.

Wiiflow 2.2 iso 249:
can it read the ntsc and fat32?
can it load games?
can it read 2 TB?
can you partion two 900gb from a 2TB HDD and could it read it?

wiiflow 2.2 iso 222:
can it load games?
when tryed it it said that iso 222 needed to be updated, how?
I also played metroid mother m on 249 WBFS format and it played good.
But when I format to fat32 loaded the game on iso 222 wiiflow, gote a game dump, what could have been the cause?

wabash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just re-hacked my Wii with ModWii. I was running WiiFlow 1.1 installed about a year ago. Wanted to go to 2.2 for compatibility.

When I updated everything, and go to Wiiflow from the USB loader channel on the main menu, it will load into 2.2 but it will never remember settings (ie, when i go from there it always looks at FAT32 partition, instead of WBSF that i set it to.

However, if i fully restart the Wii and enter via the priloader, it will start WiiFlow 1.1 (even though i erased all prior files from the FAT32 drive -- although left files intact on the games/WBSF drive) and it does remember my earlier settings -- however it will not play some of the newer games.

So, not sure how i have both versions on there, unless somehow it is stored on the WBSF drive -- anyone know how i can just boot into 2.2 and have it save settings?

Thanks

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
fattest said:
i am having an odd problem with wiiflow. i can no longer access all the pages of the settings, i think there were 7 pages i can only go thru 2 pages. and the 2nd page only has the option to change the theme. also, i can not access options for individual games or delete games -- the options are greyed out. the only thing i've changed is my tv (from a 32" crt to 46" led). i tried to update but it seems im running the latest build. i am launching thru a forwarder channel. what should i do?

You have activated the parental control
wink.gif

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Would there be any issues/slowdowns, etc. with the lastest Wiiflow revision 304 and the new cIOSx rev21 or would everything most likely work fine?

fattest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Benjay said:
wink.gif

ahhh thanks. i was walking my cousin thru setting up parental controls over the phone, must have saved the settings on my end as well. now how do i stop it from turning on everytime i launch wiiflow? the only option i have is to change the password.

also wondering if wiiflow+ciosX rev21 play nicely together.

mjolnir_markiv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
mjolnir_markiv said:
QUOTE said:
mugotu said:
BTW I want to play GC backups via WiiFlow. In order to do so I've installed Waninkoko's cMIOS. But essentially it seems to be an old v4 version of IOS, and Wii is asking for update every time I'm trying to play any of my legitimately bought Wii games. I put non-patched MIOS v10 back so it's working again for the time being , but I'd like to know if there's any solution to this without constantly installing\uninstalling MIOS? Thank you!

Games asking you to update have nothing to do with MIOS. It means they want you to update ios for wii games which do not use mios at all, that only for GC games. Simplest solution is to get HBC 1.0.8 running on IOS58 and do an official nintendo update to get running on a clean system menu 4.3. After that you will need to remove stubs with multi mod manager v13.4 and install a patched 36/236 also with multi mod manager 13.4, and then reinstall cIOS, recommendedly cIOSx r20b 249 base 56, and cIOSx r20b 250 base 57.
Thank you for suggestion.

I know they've got nothing to do with MIOS, but I'm sure it's what causes them to ask for an update. Just after I've installed cMIOS they start asking for an update, I put original MIOS back, and Wii games are working fine. It's not a coincidence.

I thought in order to run GC backups it needs some sort of custom MIOS (at least that what I've read somewhere), is that so? I haven't tested any GC backups on my Wii yet, here's my sysCheck (I run WiiFlow through HBC 1.0.8 IOS58)...
Answering my own question. I've used cMIOS installer (rev 5) instead, installed cMIOS v10 (exactly the version of my original MIOS) and it's working fine. Licensed games aren't asking for an update, and I'm able to play GC backups on my Wii at the same time as well.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
fattest said:
Benjay said:
wink.gif

ahhh thanks. i was walking my cousin thru setting up parental controls over the phone, must have saved the settings on my end as well. now how do i stop it from turning on everytime i launch wiiflow? the only option i have is to change the password.

also wondering if wiiflow+ciosX rev21 play nicely together.

if you don't remember the password , open the wiiflow.ini with a text editor , and find the parental control related section , then edit it.

About ciosx rev21 , i have no clue.

GangstaPrince

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well cIOSX rev21 works, but when I used IOS58 as the base and installed it on to IOS249 (which is what my Wiiflow uses) it caused my HDD not to load at all.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
fattest said:
Benjay said:
if you don't remember the password , open the wiiflow.ini with a text editor , and find the parental control related section , then edit it.

thanks, no more parent mode now.
Did you know (new item in this thread): You can also set a parental code by a series of keypresses instead of a number. Don't point at the screen for that, and press the keys in sequence when setting the password.

Thought that one was nice for the tips 'n tricks section
wink.gif

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
MigueelDnd said:
If I want to run Wiiflow with cIOS 222, which base should I use and is there a tutorial I can follow?

i think 222 can only use base 38, use 223 or 224 instead, but preferred setup is 249 base 56 and 250 base 57

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just reuploaded revision 304 to the Google Code Downloads page, this time with a newer libogc. That means that the crashes with multiple wiimote syncs will be gone with the newly uploaded version.

Just because it's Christmas. We, from the Wiiflow team, wish everyone a merry christmas, and a happy 2011 (with lots of wii(flow) fun)

Kryptical

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
r-win said:
I just reuploaded revision 304 to the Google Code Downloads page, this time with a newer libogc. That means that the crashes with multiple wiimote syncs will be gone with the newly uploaded version.

Just because it's Christmas. We, from the Wiiflow team, wish everyone a merry christmas, and a happy 2011 (with lots of wii(flow) fun)
Thanks, the code dumps were driving me crazy.

MasterMan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
How to get covers in FAT32 HDD? I already have CFG loading from there and didn't want two folders with similar content.
This question may be answered exaustively, but i couldn't find help, so please, link me to the answer.

On this wagon, how to boot wiiwares in wiiflow?

Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid...