Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
xabby666 said:
No. It's give support on new 222 223 and 224 on ios57 that give a usb2 support to the games.

In this link you can download the dol http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mygm5km5dhk.

This is the forwarder channel that start the application on 224 http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?oymnwmmiyu2

If you press a+b start on 249, a on 222, b on 223, nothing to 224

Install hermes 224 v5 with ios57 (usb2 support) and enjoy.
Well, it is nice work, but I can't use it.
For FAT32/NTFS support we need to support a fragment list. A fragment list is a list with all sectors where the game is located on your harddrive. Because of this sector list, we can operate on every filesystem you throw at it. This means, however, that the ehcmodule from the cios also needs this support. cIOS249 cannot support this (yet), so we can skip that. cIOS222 by Hermes can, but we'll have to rewrite the ehcmodule for it. The code by xabby is sweet, but it uses the default ehcmodule from Hermes rev5, and that does not support the fragment lists.

This means, that when my release is ready, it will still only supports rev4. Oggzee just released an rev5 update of the ehcmodule, but that one is the rev4 version changed so it works with rev5. I will include his rev5 ehcmodule, but I don't know how ios57 or the speed improvement will behave with that ehcmodule.

Bottomline: good work, now go fix the module
biggrin.gif

By the way, I know all WiiFlow users are still on WBFS, but the priority for FAT/NTFS support is very, very high. Therefor, FAT/NTFS support will come before these nice changes.
QUOTE(giantpune @ Feb 16 2010, 11:11 PM) ^this guy wants a setting to select what IOS to use. check here and look at all the feature requests. it seems that people dont agree with you. i say you can just use the version you have now and never ever update. just close your eyes and pretend that everybody else isnt doing anything that you arent. nobody will force you to use anything. and then whoever is developing this project can add what the people want.
Or, you can start the wiiflow executable with an argument: use nothing for the default behavior, or pass "ios=249", "ios=222-mload" or "ios=223-mload" as an argument. Actually, this will only work after my commit, since that piece of code was bugged
tongue.gif

xabby666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok. Thank you r-win. I've not pubblically release sources because i hope wiiflow remain one only good piece of stuff. Thanks to skater, i can suggest to execute this version with my forwarder and chose what ios to launch. Or, if you want, i can make a forwarder that runs on your preferred version of ios, that i can send to you personally,I don't want to create confusion with the official release's. I don't remember, but the official release have the categories from vip's additions, and the system menu? Where are the sources?

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
@xabby666

yes it was an amazing piece of SW, your effort was most appreciated.
I gave some late feedback but i tested it too. Worked flawlessly in more than 15 games including "all-fav" like SSBB and MPT.

I noticed load speed improval from 249 and 222 v4.

Amazing stuff, maybe you can help out with r-win in the dev's of this stuff.
Props to the man from Italy
bow.gif

xabby666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Pakatus said:
@xabby666

I gave some late feedback but i tested it too. Worked flawlessly in more than 15 games including "all-fav" like SSBB and MPT.

bow.gif

You can load MPT without alternative dol? In 222, 223 or 224? Thanks for your tests
grog.gif

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
xabby666 said:
Pakatus said:
@xabby666

bow.gif

You can load MPT without alternative dol? In 222, 223 or 224? Thanks for your tests
grog.gif

Havent tried that...should i?
In all cIos?

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
xabby666 said:
Pakatus said:
xabby666 said:
Pakatus said:
@xabby666

bow.gif

grog.gif

Havent tried that...should i?
In all cIos?

don't worry. You say that can run mpt. How you running it?

As allways, choosing 222 and selecting alt-dol to every "episode".

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xabby666 said:
Ok. Thank you r-win. I've not pubblically release sources because i hope wiiflow remain one only good piece of stuff. Thanks to skater, i can suggest to execute this version with my forwarder and chose what ios to launch. Or, if you want, i can make a forwarder that runs on your preferred version of ios, that i can send to you personally,I don't want to create confusion with the official release's. I don't remember, but the official release have the categories from vip's additions, and the system menu? Where are the sources?

Hi xabby666, unfortunately vip never put his changes into the google code project page even though he has been added as a dev, not sure where he went
frown.gif
. I found his original post and he posted his sources here
http://rapidshare.com/files/339418006/WiiF...tch1_source.zip

unfortunately i think this is the first revision, he has updated it once via wifi update so no sources and i've not seen vip around since he released his version.

P.S. Thanks again for your time xabby666 and wanting to keep wiiflow one centralized project, maybe you can get added to the google code page and enter your revisions as well
grog.gif

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xabby666 said:
nobody says anything about this release? Any problem? Any question? anithing
cry.gif

No problems, no questions, just a thanks! This is exactly what I needed. Wiiflow is my loader of choice, but it didn't support Herme's new cIOS (223, specifically). The problem here is that said cIOS now handles Rock Band 2 DLC properly, so my only option was to use uLoader for that game and that game alone. Now I'm back to good ol' Wiiflow for EVERYTHING with no setup required but a simple dol swap. Being able to use 224 for USB2 support is also excellent news.

So thank you, thank you, thank you. I REALLY didn't want to switch loaders to something other than Wiiflow, and now I don't have to.

rjmccorkle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone know why super mario galaxy won't load in wiiflow??? is there a new wiiflow that i should check out that works? i hear it was taken over by a new coder?

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
djbubba2002 said:
I Am looking forware to NTFS ...i cant wait ... best usblaoder out there ..woot
Well...it's getting close now. You could've read it in the channel yesterday (like 8 hours ago), but I was playing some games from my FAT drive from within Wiiflow. Also, it can read and show the gamelist from my ntfs drive. Playing them doesn't work yet, but I'll be fixing that later on.
All I have to do now is to add a menu page, in which you can set the new options.

Expect a preview release soon.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
r-win said:
djbubba2002 said:
I Am looking forware to NTFS ...i cant wait ... best usblaoder out there ..woot
Well...it's getting close now. You could've read it in the channel yesterday (like 8 hours ago), but I was playing some games from my FAT drive from within Wiiflow. Also, it can read and show the gamelist from my ntfs drive. Playing them doesn't work yet, but I'll be fixing that later on.
All I have to do now is to add a menu page, in which you can set the new options.

Expect a preview release soon.

Looking forward to the release.

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
I just figured out how strange it is how much I am looking forward to a new release with NTFS and fAT support.

Considering I have my games on a WBFS drive, with plenty of space on it. I guess I'm just caught up in the exitement of advances with my favourite loader. VERY COOL, you got me hooked once more.

One thing I would suggest is to figure out a way to standardise the options screens to allow the themers to update their stuff.

Maybe agree on a set number of screens with spare buttons that could be used for future development?

Themes are a major part of the design of WiiFlow, please do not forget this in the quest for new features. Plus you need to get the themers motivated to contribute once more.

Plus it is pretty poor looking when people try new releases to see overlapping buttons, broken layouts etc. Especially within the default theme.

PizzaPino

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
will there be an auto update function in this version? narolez wanted to add it in his next revision.

my super mario galaxy works. i'm on rev25.

Valguerra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I been out of the scene for awhile. Has there been any updates to wiiflow? I notice that wiiflow start haveing a problem when 500 games have been loaded in it. It will not let you load any more.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
full covers are only 682 KB (698,894 bytes) in size(size on disk 704 KB (720,896 bytes)) once Wiiflow converts them and are read off the HDD/SD but as for the 500 game thing that's just the limit of the WBFS partition but i sure some loaders have a fix which always more games to be read from a single partition like CFG im not 100% sure, maybe wiiflow needs this fix also

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, Welcome back