Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Much more important would it be that people give proper bug reports (even better come to the wiiflow irc channel) instead just complaining here.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nIxx said:
Much more important would it be that people give proper bug reports (even better come to the wiiflow irc channel) instead just complaining here.

I actually tried to get on the wiiflow IRC channel and for some reason i cant get it to work, guess im just an IRC noob. Is there a guide anywhere to get on, id like to get on and help out if i can

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
nIxx said:
I couldn't agree more with you nIxx. Bug reports should be posted HERE.

QUOTE(Skater4599 @ Feb 15 2010, 02:10 AM) I actually tried to get on the wiiflow IRC channel and for some reason i cant get it to work, guess im just an IRC noob. Is there a guide anywhere to get on, id like to get on and help out if i can
Use http://www.mibbit.com/chat to connect to server irc.abjects.net, then choose channel #wiiflow. That'll work.

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
Gotta love how some people assume this loader is dead despite being told there are new developers contributing.

It takes time, gotta be patient.

I'm looking forward to NTSC/FAT support myself, but give them a chance. I'd much prefer a single major update that a bundle adding tiny little changes. Especially if it breaks the theme layouts.

Please do not make this a GX style project. IMO we do not need tons of additional features.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
No matter what is being implemented in the near future, stability and compatibility must be the top most priority. Otherwise, WiiFlow is dead.

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xabby666 said:
Ok. I've send to r-win the source i've made for hermes v5 support. I hope r-win can enjoy it.

I didn't realize that Wiiflow had no support for Hermes v5 cIOS. I'm currently using r23 of Wiiflow (IOS222 version) and I have the current v5 installed and everything is running OK. Does this additional code that you wrote allow for the use of an emulated NAND for wii game saves? If so, that's pretty fantastic.

xabby666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
xabby666 said:
No. It's give support on new 222 223 and 224 on ios57 that give a usb2 support to the games.

In this link you can download the dol http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mygm5km5dhk.

This is the forwarder channel that start the application on 224 http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?oymnwmmiyu2

If you press a+b start on 249, a on 222, b on 223, nothing to 224

Install hermes 224 v5 with ios57 (usb2 support) and enjoy.

nice work...
Maybe you can be more active in the dev team.
Props to you

xabby666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Pakatus said:
xabby666 said:
No. It's give support on new 222 223 and 224 on ios57 that give a usb2 support to the games.

In this link you can download the dol http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mygm5km5dhk.

This is the forwarder channel that start the application on 224 http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?oymnwmmiyu2

If you press a+b start on 249, a on 222, b on 223, nothing to 224

Install hermes 224 v5 with ios57 (usb2 support) and enjoy.

nice work...
Maybe you can be more active in the dev team.
Props to you

You try it?

xabby666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Skater4599 said:
xabby666 hey thanks for your update, that sounds like great news. Is there a nice speed improvement on games with USB2.0? or emulated nand for game saves?

Improvement with loading and executing is noticeable. There is no nand emulation for now, but for me is a good update to give a chance.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xabby666 said:
Skater4599 said:
xabby666 hey thanks for your update, that sounds like great news. Is there a nice speed improvement on games with USB2.0? or emulated nand for game saves?

Improvement with loading and executing is noticeable. There is no nand emulation for now, but for me is a good update to give a chance.

Great thanks for fast reply! Thanks again xabby666 i will def try this out when i get home later, if i dont use the forwader and just load your dol from hbc or reg forwader what cIOS is used as default?
grog.gif

xabby666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Skater4599 said:
xabby666 said:
Skater4599 said:

Great thanks for fast reply! Thanks again xabby666 i will def try this out when i get home later, if i dont use the forwader and just load your dol from hbc or reg forwader what cIOS is used as default?
grog.gif

Cios249. Please, can write your think about it after you try? (Sorry, i know, my english is very very bad)

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@xabby666 i just got home and tested this out, i only used IOS224 as my 222/223/202 are hermes v4 since all my other progs have support for it, but 224 worked great, i did notice a speed improvement! was great, not HUGE imporvement but ill take any i can get thats awesome! i tested a few games and ssbb DL game and all worked really well/fast
biggrin.gif

Couple things i can think of though, Would it be possible to add an option for what you want the global IOS to be loaded with? Instead of having multiple dols or even using only a certain channel with certain buttons pressed, gets confusing and would be much better that way imo. Also i miss the categories from vip's additions, and the system button in the credits that had more info about hdd and what not, though i would also like to see # of games in that screen added ^^

But overall GREAT WORK!! Any/all is much appreciated
biggrin.gif

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just felt like trolling in here. i see 1 or 2 loud people always complaining about how this doesnt need to have features and options added to it. but take the time to see what other people want.

^this guy wants a setting to select what IOS to use. check here and look at all the feature requests. it seems that people dont agree with you. i say you can just use the version you have now and never ever update. just close your eyes and pretend that everybody else isnt doing anything that you arent. nobody will force you to use anything. and then whoever is developing this project can add what the people want.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
i just felt like trolling in here. i see 1 or 2 loud people always complaining about how this doesnt need to have features and options added to it. but take the time to see what other people want.

^this guy wants a setting to select what IOS to use. check here and look at all the feature requests. it seems that people dont agree with you. i say you can just use the version you have now and never ever update. just close your eyes and pretend that everybody else isnt doing anything that you arent. nobody will force you to use anything. and then whoever is developing this project can add what the people want.

Look dude, xabby666 put alot of work/effort that obviously not many are willing to do (on wiiflow). He ASKED for input about his realease/any questions etc. Nobody else was willing/couldnt test for him so i gave him the time he deserves and put in my 2 cents, im aware what the google code page says about what "people" on the intenet dont/do want in wiiflow, but c;mon dude you of all people know that everyone doesnt agree with what everyone says on the internet, ive seen you around here longer than that. Trolling you did indeed
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @rqkaiju2, happy early birthday