Hacking Wiiconnect24 on or off?

Ilfrit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently softmodded my wii using bannerbomb. So I had to turn wiiconnect24 off. Is it save to turn it back on after using bannerbomb or is it dangerous, because of the homebrew channel and cios, which I installed in my wii?

Eddie_Brock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Regardless of what you may hear, its perfectly safe to have WC24 enabled if you have homebrew installed. Nintendo is not in the habit of snooping sleeping Wii's during the evening.

The main resoning behind turning WC24 off is that while it is on, the wii is only in stand-by mode, so its still powered and produces heat while it is visually "Off". I argue that Nintendo was aware of this when they made the Wii and wasn't concerned about the heat output. I for one still have my WC24 on, and experience no problems. But to each their own... If you dont want or use its features, why bother?

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
The service WiiConnect24 is, as the previous poster said, perfectly safe. You might want to disable Standby Connection mode if you are concerned about overheating causing irreversible GPU damage. I have lost two Wiis because of such overheating, but I know of other users who have no issues. So it's up to you to decide what you want to do about it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol +1