WiiClip

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by OmniSlash2o6, Oct 10, 2008.

Oct 10, 2008

WiiClip by OmniSlash2o6 at 12:53 AM (797 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. OmniSlash2o6
    OP

Member OmniSlash2o6 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ok I'm about to buy one and I was wondering do you have to put that huge piece of cardboard on it after pushing it down on the chip O.o!?

Sorry if this question was asked [​IMG].

2. OmniSlash2o6
    OP

United States
    Also im getting a D2PRO Presoldered on a WiiClip and I was wondering if its REGION FREE if not. Can GeckOS(Homebrew) run imported backups if this chip + clip was installed into my Wii?

3. tedmg09130913

Member tedmg09130913 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If you get the d2pro:(or some other wiiclip modchip) you must the cardboard or something like it to protect the modchip from shorting inside the wii. It seems you can make the d2pro region free by soldering some wires from the modchip to the drive board.

4. madmods

Newcomer madmods Member

Canada
    A d2pro9 is region free by default. When you install it, insert a original region game at the beginning and then try a copied game and you are set.

5. OmniSlash2o6
    OP

United States
    Oooh u sure? Because im getting the Wii Clip O.o attached to D2PRO.

Because I read you had to solder a couple of more wires or so.

Also the sites wiitracker.nintendo-scene.com or wiidrives.com whats more accurate O.o.

Edit : Well both of them say its D2C and only wiidrives said 50% D2C 50% Cut Pins so it has to be 100% to be D2C so im good [​IMG]. Ordered my D2PRO Presoldered with Wii Clip I can't wait to install it! I should receive it in like less then 5 days or something since I'm very close to Canada(If thats where they live lol)!