Wiiclip V4 with D2pro

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by shanti.vt1, Jun 25, 2008.

Jun 25, 2008

Wiiclip V4 with D2pro by shanti.vt1 at 5:54 AM (1,207 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. shanti.vt1
    OP

Newcomer shanti.vt1 Advanced Member

Canada
    Hi I have a NTSC wii in canada. I just received my wiiclip with a d2pro soldered on it. I have backup games of NTSC and also some Pal games. I do not have any of the jumpers soldered. My question is I do not know how to solder. Can I put my Wiiclip v4 and just start playing back up games with out soldering anything or jumping 1 or 2.

thanks

Also what is region free, if I do not solder jump 1 and 2 will I be able to play back up games from around the world.

2. shanti.vt1
    OP

Canada
    No body and help me out with this?

3. gratefulbuddy

Member gratefulbuddy amateur lunatic

United States
    With D2Pro, in order to be (mostly) region-free you would need to solder 4 wires to the drive as well as solder the jumpers. Here the install guide. Since you have a wii-clip, you only need to be concerned with the 4 yellow wires and the jumper guide.

But you can play your own region backups as it is now by just clipping the chip on.

4. shanti.vt1
    OP

Canada
    Thanks for the info....

5. Carnivean

Member Carnivean STARMAN

United Kingdom
    You can also use a homebrew region free app I believe, not too sure though as I've never tried or really looked into it.