Hacking wiiboxart.com poorly?

testic-cancer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Seems everyone is taking money from piracy these days. The kids selling dvd-rs in school, the fella at the car boot sale with his £1.50 dvd-rs, people who simply host a few covers.

If only nintendo could get some of that cash...

IrishStyle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
bluescreen81 said:
and if you use google you find some other resources only for wii like this page f.e. http://www.teambadattitude.co.uk/art/wii/0001.htm.

Wow ! you can download the covers there for free , one at a time ... erm like wiiboxart.com
and then you can manually resize them all ... not like wiiboxart.com

also , that link is in the FAQ on wiiboxart.com

The sizes of the cover images at your site that you can download for free are 160x225.....1 Pixel larger than Usb loader with coverflow recognizes
rolleyes.gif
.....So they do in fact have to be resized but I am sure the paid download sizes are the correct 160x224 LOL

ridgecity

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
well, I don't know about people selling dvdrs but the whole point of gbatemp is backups of what you already own, not piracy.

I own about 40 games by the way. They are kind of expensive but so is going to the movies or eating out. The main thing about using a hard drive is so your wii doesn't weear out as fast and scratching disks since a ton of people here have kids and don't like buying games and movies again.

As the name says "BACKUPS", of course any extra functionality like will always have the problem of pirates trying to take advantage. The pirates will even try to sell you homebrew software, it's really up to you how you use it.

ToneEQ

Trophies
XP
Country
IrishStyle said:
djtaz said:
bluescreen81 said:
and if you use google you find some other resources only for wii like this page f.e. http://www.teambadattitude.co.uk/art/wii/0001.htm.

Wow ! you can download the covers there for free , one at a time ... erm like wiiboxart.com

The sizes of the cover images at your site that you can download for free are 160x225.....1 Pixel larger than Usb loader with coverflow recognizes
rolleyes.gif
.....So they do in fact have to be resized but I am sure the paid download sizes are the correct 160x224 LOL

Ermm, you can _still_ download covers from the site, one by one, whatever size you want?! I just did it for Resident Evil Archives. Go to the site, select your region, type 160 and 224 in the boxes and click "Change Image Size". Scroll to find the cover you want, right-click on the corresponding icon and select "Save Target As" or "Save Link As", job done!

You don't need to pay to resize them one by one. If you want them all or more than one at a time then you have to pay.

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
8000 gigs is excellent
ohmy.gif
who are u with ? i may move the site there and get my own hosting with them.
The main problem now is the server resources and not bandwidth any more - seemingly the resizing is killing the server (which i can understand to be honest) so im trying to find ways around that - the main culprit was the large covers , so i just made a zip of them all instead for anyone wanting more than 200 covers.

Dreamhost. They actually claim unlimited B/W now. I don't know if I'm eligible, but I guess I am. Anyway, it's $9.95 a month if you sign up for a year and less if you sign up for longer.

There are other hosts I can recommend. Let me know if you are interested.

To help the server resources, perhaps it would help if you cached the results? Is sisk space an issue? if not, just store the results in a cache. Before you attempt to resize, check if it's in the cache. No CPU at all and faster response.

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ridgecity said:
Jesus Christ... (I'm not jesus christ, I'm just saying jesus christ, lol)

Careful! He'll sue you for copyright infringement!
biggrin.gif

hdhacker said:
QUOTE(djtaz @ Jun 29 2009, 05:33 PM) 8000 gigs is excellent
ohmy.gif
who are u with ? i may move the site there and get my own hosting with them.
The main problem now is the server resources and not bandwidth any more - seemingly the resizing is killing the server (which i can understand to be honest) so im trying to find ways around that - the main culprit was the large covers , so i just made a zip of them all instead for anyone wanting more than 200 covers.

Dreamhost. They actually claim unlimited B/W now. I don't know if I'm eligible, but I guess I am. Anyway, it's $9.95 a month if you sign up for a year and less if you sign up for longer.

There are other hosts I can recommend. Let me know if you are interested.

To help the server resources, perhaps it would help if you cached the results? Is sisk space an issue? if not, just store the results in a cache. Before you attempt to resize, check if it's in the cache. No CPU at all and faster response.

I have a similar host - hosthi.com - Monthly Bandwidth Transfer 1798.61/8000000 MB - Disk Space Usage 1463.06/800000 MB - even though they claim to be unlimited if you read the ToS it says basically "unlimited unless you use it" - but what do you expect for $36USD/year including domain name lol

But I agree about resizing the files - it's a HUGE waste of CPU time and is likely going to piss off what ever provider you use. Simply pick the sizes needed and store them in their own directory then access them accordingly. I think I made a comment about it in another topic, something about reinventing the wheel... 20,000 times a day
smile.gif

harsh.realm

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just find it convenient that Cover Flow Loader gets the images for you, I'm always adding a few games here and there and really don't want to spend the time looking for the images. C'mon it's only 1 Euro, if you don't want to pay it, hey it's ultimately up to you. Same goes as to buying the actual games.

ChronosWing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IrishStyle said:
djtaz said:
bluescreen81 said:

rolleyes.gif

/face meet palm

And if you took the time to read, like I said in my last post some people just lack reading comprehension, you would of seen the nice box at the top that asks you what size covers you want, the default just happens to be 160x225 but you can change it to just about any value you choose.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don´t wanted to write something and honestly i understand you problems about the bandwidth (even if you should known before) but i still think nobody should pay for this especially since here enough people who are willing to host the images too.
Since the loaders only downloading the missing images they shouldn´t make so much traffic at all ( at least it´s what i´m thinking). And everyone should really keep in mind that the images are most of the time uploaded and created from other users what makes this even more worse, a few days ago it was free work from many community members but now this cost money (yeah unless you download every picture manually) !?
I really can´t support this sorry and i find it really sad that this all is happening.

What i basically want to say is that i think there must be another solution and i really would like to see a bit more communication especially when other people offer you help with a server.

PS: This only my opinion
wink.gif

alucard77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He is just trying to make a profit, but doesn't have the balls to say it.

He doesn't need help, he just realizes that page views = $$$. He also realizes that if everyone who download gave $1, then he would make money.

If 1TB is being downloaded, you gotta do the math on the number of people hitting the site. There must be at least 10,000 people hitting his site for this stuff. You do the math on how much profit he is making. I see 2 ads served on every page.

At least have the balls to say that your in it for the money.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bluescreen81 said:
well taz the function to download covers by myself or in a rar pack would be still nice !

no need to close it.
frown.gif

Too much abuse - lifes too short.

Im not stressing myself trying to give out free covers and constantly being questions about the members section.

rustybanana

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I think its about time this thread was closed. It started with a simple question and has now escalated and taken a turn for the worse.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina
    ... [looks up vagina] 🤓 🔎 📖 ] :O:ohnoes::ohnoes::ohnoes: 🤢🤮
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good thing I have a vagina
  • Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu:
    Evil SylverReZ: "GuldRez"
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: Evil SylverReZ: "GuldRez"