XP
Country
United States
taktularCBo said:
Taik said:
Shiroi Kaze said:
taktularCBo said:
Shiroi Kaze said:
I think what most people want to know is if it works on Wiikey 1 without a loader... for those of us that just skipped NSMB Wii... I'm gonna burn it and find out.

ok, keep us informed!
Thanks
yaywii.gif

Okay I just tried the scrubbed version... ran it through brickblocker first. The title shows up in the disc menu but when I try to load the game I get the blue error #002 screen... so assume that this does not work on Wiikey 1 without soft modding... between this and Metroid I guess I should break down and finally get gecko or whatever...

Just softmod (it's easy and there's guides EVERYWHERE), modchips just aren't worth it anymore

god, no never!
Just wait for an update of your chip or buy a new one, if your old one is not supported anymore (á la wiikey I etc)
d2sun( I got one for 19€!), wasabi, wode are all getting an update.

Soft modding makes more sense to me than to pay someone to rip out the chip and install a new one that the creators might just decide on not supporting anymore. I followed this guide and now it plays perfectly- http://www.youtube.com/user/HackMyWii

I'm enjoying my "faceship"
tongue.gif
Something about Mario just makes me smile like a little kid again... incredibly fun game so far.

taktularCBo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Shiroi Kaze said:
Soft modding makes more sense to me than to pay someone to rip out the chip and install a new one that the creators might just decide on not supporting anymore. I followed this guide and now it plays perfectly- http://www.youtube.com/user/HackMyWii

I'm enjoying my "faceship"
tongue.gif
Something about Mario just makes me smile like a little kid again... incredibly fun game so far.

God thanks, this is a free world
yaywii.gif

I would never touch my wii with any softmod, forums are full of bricks and problems of installing xyz and ios and bla blub..lol, everygame has different loaders and ios and options etc.
I'm waiting for my d2sun update, which will come for sure.
anyways, as I said, probably you're right..its at least a cheaper way and the fastest to play new games.
wink.gif

Back to topic.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those who have already started playing the game, how do you save your progress? I know with The New Super Mario Bros Wii you and to go to a certain point in order to save the game but how about with this game..how do you save your progress? I don't want to play some of the game, turn it off to play better then turn it back on to find out that I have to start from the beginning since I did not save it right

Kadin

Ain't no rest for the wicked...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lakerfanalways said:
For those who have already started playing the game, how do you save your progress? I know with The New Super Mario Bros Wii you and to go to a certain point in order to save the game but how about with this game..how do you save your progress? I don't want to play some of the game, turn it off to play better then turn it back on to find out that I have to start from the beginning since I did not save it right
It auto saves after you get a star. You can also press the - or + button and save (I forget which). It will say 'Save and Quit'.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, press + to pause, and in the pause menu, there's a 'Save and Quit' option. If you click it, it'll prompt you twice (once for saving, once for quitting, so you can save without quitting).

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
Yeah, press + to pause, and in the pause menu, there's a 'Save and Quit' option. If you click it, it'll prompt you twice (once for saving, once for quitting, so you can save without quitting).

Cool thanks so much. Does this game require the use of the nunchuck or is it just the wimote? I am not used to the nunchuck so if that is involved I guess I gotta learn how to do it LOL
The one that I downloaded this morning, the file name was Super Mario Galaxy 2 and when I went to WiU 1.1 it said it was called Super Mario Galaxy MORE..just want to make sure that the one I burned is the full complete game..would be a shame for me to start playing a game that stops working after a few worlds

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lakerfanalways said:
YayMii said:

Cool thanks so much. Does this game require the use of the nunchuck or is it just the wimote? I am not used to the nunchuck so if that is involved I guess I gotta learn how to do it LOL
The one that I downloaded this morning, the file name was Super Mario Galaxy 2 and when I went to WiU 1.1 it said it was called Super Mario Galaxy MORE..just want to make sure that the one I burned is the full complete game..would be a shame for me to start playing a game that stops working after a few worlds
This was noted earlier. WBFS Managers read the title as Super Mario Galaxy More.
Yes, you do need a nunchuck to play this game. What hav you been playing on your Wii that doesn't require a nunchuck??

Dermy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I opened this release up in wiiscrubber 1.40 and it doesn't have an update partition. Can someone confirm that it this release only has a game partition? I always thought that all full dumps had an update partition whether the game had an update or not.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gordinio said:
Lakerfanalways said:
YayMii said:

This was noted earlier. WBFS Managers read the title as Super Mario Galaxy More.
Yes, you do need a nunchuck to play this game. What hav you been playing on your Wii that doesn't require a nunchuck??

Many games..New Super Mario Bros Wii for one..some games that I have require the nunchuck it just takes me some time to get used to it. I am used to just 1 controller and thats it. I am charging up my Wii motes now so that I can play this :-)

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
should i play Super Mario Galaxy first? i have it in original but never really got into it got like 30 stars or something

lizard81288

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lubbo said:
should i play Super Mario Galaxy first? i have it in original but never really got into it got like 30 stars or something

No, SMG2 is a retelling of SMG, but with new content....well, thats what IGN said in their review

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
l Red l said:
I opened this release up in wiiscrubber 1.40 and it doesn't have an update partition. Can someone confirm that it this release only has a game partition? I always thought that all full dumps had an update partition whether the game had an update or not.

They always do
Like i said last night. This just seems to be same release as before, repacked with no compression, its not 1:1, its got some test level folders etc..

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wow i just found out this one came out early
toot.gif

and it works
bow.gif

I wasn't expecting an early release of these one after what happened to the dude of NSMB Wii but I guess ppl will still do it? anyways HEEEELLL YES!!
yaywii.gif

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I just finished it (watching ending credits right now), and I must say 'tis a nice game but I am somewhat disseappointed by its shortness and easy difficulty. Doeas anyone else feel the same way?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (this is going to be horribly misinterpreted as me wanting to fuck DK or smth, isn't it?)