Wii #XXXX - Metroid: Other M *Bad dump* (USA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's hilarious how a game that works perfectly is nuked because it's not quite a clean dump, because of some update data that players need to remove anyway for the game to work right, but a DS game that isn't clean (horrible intro, broken crack) is considered SUPERIOR to a clean dump by the scene nowadays.

generalm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
taktularCBo said:
generalm said:
taktularCBo said:
generalm said:
AMPonzi said:
I have a Wiikey with 1.99 beta installed and it updated the system fine. But, when it restarted, whenever I inserted the disc, after it read the Wii Remote would just lockup and not do anything and the disc channel wouldn't show anything. I'm running it in Gecko OS just fine though. Weird. Don't know if it gets past the known freezing point, will find out though.

updating ur wii with a modchip in it is a good way to break your discdrive (happened to mine)
lol ure completely wrong with modchips nothing can happen, just softmodders may brick their wii while updating an old config, ure the first hardmodder braking his drive while updating, congrats

i doubt i am the first, others are just too "scared" to admit it
tongue.gif

and i had a Wiikey too latest firmware and everything.
and the only softmod i had was HBC before the drive broke

"whenever I inserted the disc, after it read the Wii Remote would just lockup and not do anything and the disc channel wouldn't show anything. I'm running it in Gecko OS just fine though." EXACTLY what happened to me too
and after a while my Discdrive stopped working completely
probably the softmod broke ur drive never the modchip
rolleyes.gif
just open ur wii and check all connection to the drive. whatever it was, its not the modchip, as it has no real possibility to give instruction to the drive and while update its doing nothing,
tongue.gif

a modchip interferes somewhere between the operating system and the Drive's firmware to make it read all discs.
if the modchips firmware isnt "attuned" to the firmware/OS of the wii YES it stops functioning properly and might give the discdrive wrong commands and BREAK it.

BUT let's get back on TOPIC now before the GM's scold us
tongue.gif

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
This is a PROPER release as iND's release was underdumped and missing data.
Whilst we normally don't post PROPERS as separate releases this is the first 'real' release of the game so I suppose it should be left to stand.

taktularCBo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
QUOTE said:
a modchip interferes somewhere between the operating system and the Drive's firmware to make it read all discs.
if the modchips firmware isnt "attuned" to the firmware/OS of the wii YES it stops functioning properly and might give the discdrive wrong commands and BREAK it.

tongue.gif
rolleyes.gif
their is NO command which can break ur drive. check the documentation how a modchip for the wii works , most time its transferring keys. never mind, blame god not wiikey
cool.gif

generalm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
taktularCBo said:
QUOTE said:

tongue.gif
rolleyes.gif
their is NO command which can break ur drive. check the documentation how a modchip for the wii works , most time its transferring keys. never mind, blame god not wiikey
cool.gif

i blame the unseen powers that be
tongue.gif
for there is no god
tongue.gif
:P lol.
i think i have a freaking usenet virus or something too, thusfar my antivirus can't find anything but when i'm downloading This release of Metroid Other M, i get a file named MEET THE FOCKERS (or something) in my temporary folder of grabit :S

anyone else have this?

it also didnt move the files from the temp folder the way it should have and a LOT of them (that did transfer) were damaged.

checking the same NZB on my laptop to see if i get the same thing. if not it MIGHT be time to reinstall my computer -_-

generalm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
on my laptop same problem in my temp folder a file named MEET_THE_FOCKERS.part116 appears while i am not even downloading that :S

is something wrong with the NZB file?

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
generalm said:
on my laptop same problem in my temp folder a file named MEET_THE_FOCKERS.part116 appears while i am not even downloading that :S

Someone is tricking you into downloading the wrong thing? Mislabelled NZB?

generalm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
luke_c said:
generalm said:

Someone is tricking you into downloading the wrong thing? Mislabelled NZB?

neh it downloads Metroid Other M just fine all the mom files and such

but sometimes other file names pop up (the meet the fockers file is one of them) i seen also something about Doctors, Heroes Season 2 Episode ... something

i just deleted them straight from the temp folder...
~No

it also seems to leave completed Parts in the Temp folder for some reason :S never had that before

D

Deleted_171835

-Snip
That's still not allowed.
That's just like asking for a site for isos. You have the nzb's and you have a whole bunch of warez.

generalm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
SoulSnatcher said:
generalm said:
That's just like asking for a site for isos. You have the nzb's and you have a whole bunch of warez.

figured as much
tongue.gif
we all do illegal downloads but we all are not permitted to admit it right? XD or something like that haha

D

Deleted_171835

generalm said:
SoulSnatcher said:
generalm said:

figured as much
tongue.gif
we all do illegal downloads but we all are not permitted to admit it right? XD or something like that haha
tongue.gif

We're not supposed to post warez to prevent GBAtemp from getting into legal trouble. I think.
Ask a staff member!
Plenty of members admit they download stuff illegally.

generalm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
SoulSnatcher said:
generalm said:
SoulSnatcher said:
generalm said:

figured as much
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

We're not supposed to post warez to prevent GBAtemp from getting into legal trouble. I think.
Ask a staff member!
Plenty of members admit they download stuff illegally.

i know i'm just horsing around a bit
tongue.gif

but i though it was allowed to PM eachother links, as long as they don't show up on the boards, but owh well

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Please help.
I am downloading the Wii Tard's dump of this game.
Can someone please give me the rundown on how I load this game on a Softmodded Wii.

Here is what I have on the Wii for loading Wii Burned Discs.
Neo Gamma R8 BETA Ver 15
IOS 36 V 4.18
Homebrew Channel 1.0.6
IOS249 Rev 14
A DVD - R

If I need a dual layer disc then where do I find ones that I can write data to?

AMPonzi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I still can't get it past the Baby's Cry cutscene. I burned it to a DVD+R DL using ImgBurn at 2.4x and layer break set to 2084960. I installed cIOS38r17 to IOS249, then installed Hermes 202, 222, 223, and 224 using the recommended settings. Tried booting through Gecko OS 1.9.3.1 and NeoGamma R9 Beta 44.

Was removing the update partition a full requirement to get this to work?

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont really understand. I downloaded a dump of this game 2 days ago and it works fine. I was almost 8GB and i put it right on my Wiiflow and have been playing since. If a good version didnt come out until today then how was I able to play?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CheatingSoi said:
I dont really understand. I downloaded a dump of this game 2 days ago and it works fine. I was almost 8GB and i put it right on my Wiiflow and have been playing since. If a good version didnt come out until today then how was I able to play?
It was nuked. To count as a proper scene release, the release must be a 100% 1:1 copy of the game. That version had the update partition removed, so it couldn't be a scene release.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is this game confirmed working? I havent burned it yet so I dont want to waste a DL disk for nothing. Do I have to put in a layer break or do I just pop it in and play it? I have firmware 4.0 soft modded WITH a mod chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o