Wii #XXXX - Harukanaru Jikuu no Kade 4 (NUKED) (Japan)

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
japanese releases are scrubbed cause they are the only smart ones out there. Why download the whole thing if you don't have to?

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SpikeyNDS said:
japanese releases are scrubbed cause they are the only smart ones out there. Why download the whole thing if you don't have to?
Because the scene exists to preserve data in a digital form as completely as possible. They don't really give a shit how long it takes for you to download.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
SpikeyNDS said:
Because the scene exists to preserve data in a digital form as completely as possible. They don't really give a shit how long it takes for you to download.
Not entirely true, but go on thinking that way.
smile.gif

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SpikeyNDS said:
Urza said:
SpikeyNDS said:
smile.gif
Throw out as many baseless retorts as you like.

The fact that this discussion is even taking place supports my statement.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
but is that a flaw in the scene philosophy?

is it really worth preserving those parts of the game given they are completey and entirely useless (as far as i know) to any gameplayers, hackers, developers or anyone interested in the game.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OSW said:

is it really worth preserving those parts of the game given they are completey and entirely useless (as far as i know) to any gameplayers, hackers, developers or anyone interested in the game.

Seriously. What is the point

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
science said:
OSW said:

The point is to preserve the work in as close to it's original form as possible. Whether or not there's other tangible benefit is irrelevant.

Sure, the statue of David didn't really need a penis. They could have lopped it off, it's not going to fuck anything with it.

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I am wrong but couldn't a scener take this extract it and then re-rar it however they wanted? Provided the original ripper created the DIF files. Problem solved?

Urza said:
SpikeyNDS said:

Could you use a hug or something? Lately you've been on kill-mode 24/7 What's up? Want to go play catch or something?
blink.gif

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Correct me if I am wrong but couldn't a scener take this extract it and then re-rar it however they wanted? Provided the original ripper created the DIF files. Problem solved?
If someone else wants to do it, that's fine. They can do whatever they want with it.

It's not going to be recorded in the release list though, and won't go through the same channels.

Prophet said:
Urza said:
SpikeyNDS said:

Could you use a hug or something? Lately you've been on kill-mode 24/7 What's up? Want to go play catch or something?
blink.gif
You apparently don't know me very well.

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
Prophet said:
Urza said:
SpikeyNDS said:

blink.gif
You apparently don't know me very well.

You're right, I kind of assumed this must be a new thing with you. Otherwise I can't quite figure why your perpetual angst has been tolerated/placated.

Does. Not. Compute.

Back on topic though, how big are DIF files? Would including them in the .rar defeat the purpose of scrubbing in the first place?

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
SpikeyNDS said:
Urza said:
SpikeyNDS said:

smile.gif
Throw out as many baseless retorts as you like.

The fact that this discussion is even taking place supports my statement.
QUOTE(djgarf @ Feb 22 2008, 06:30 PM)
now for all the people spouting bollox about the "scene" are talking out ur arse and have no idea of the console scene history
i have already mentioned wot starcube did for the gamecube but lets go a little further back in time to the work done in the dreamcast scene.
dreamcast games came with cdda audio files which as most people know do not compress very well at all,kalisto decided to take the cdda audio,convert it to wav files and package them all up in a single unpack.exe which also contained a program which would convert the wav's back into cdda.After kalisto gave up the dreamcast scene echelon started releasing the games instead. by this time selfboot .cdi images were the standard and contained all the files not just the game data and so the unpack.exe also needed a small program called inject.exe to inject the re-converted cdda from the unpack.exe back into the .cdi image.
the work done by kalisto and echelon in the dreamcast scene was done to make the releases SMALLER,the work created by starcube and then shared with many other scene groups in the gamecube scene was to make the releases SMALLER.
notice a pattern forming here?
for the people that were going on about how the "scene" likes pure dumps i hope you have enjoyed the little history lesson presented to you by myself from the yrs i have spent downloading disk images and seeing how things have been done. Plz enjoy ur arse being handed to you on a plate for knowing nothing about what you were talking about
here endeth the lesson and have a nice day

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Urza said:
science said:
OSW said:

The point is to preserve the work in as close to it's original form as possible. Whether or not there's other tangible benefit is irrelevant.

Sure, the statue of David didn't really need a penis. They could have lopped it off, it's not going to fuck anything with it.
well it's a visible part of his body, and a vital part of him as a man. without it he isn't a man.

you can't see the difference between a scrubbed dvd and a normal one. without the scrubbed data, is the game effectively any different?

QUOTE(theclaw @ Jun 21 2008, 03:20 PM)
I suggest experimenting in compression formats with a better ratio, then scrubbed or non-scrubbed releases would have closer download sizes.

well as long as the scrubbed release is compressed the same way, it won't make any difference.

duy64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you're gonna nuke scrubs then nuke them all don't leave some out. Deca sports and a few others are scrubed and yet no one nuked it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...