Wii #XXXX - Harukanaru Jikuu no Kade 4 (NUKED) (Japan)

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
theclaw said:
People wouldn't bother scrubbing if compression of the ISO can make it pointless.
happy.gif
you said they would have closer download sizes.

what i meant was that if you use a compression format with a better ratio, that won't make the difference any smaller because the scrubbed release is also getting compressed under the same format.

Link00y

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just to get on Urza's point and the dreamcast era. I guess the scene accepted that way back then, simply because: using a WAV file you can perfectly reconstruct CDDA data without any byte of lost data. This is like comparing ZIP/PNG and JPEG.

Put a BMP file into a ZIP.. low compression but when you take it out no byte will have changed, the BMP file is perfectly preserved. Same goes for PNG.. store a BMP to PNG and not a single pixel will be lost. Put it into JPEG and even at quality 100% things are different if you save back to BMP.

And I guess that's what the scene is on: if you could unscrub ISOs and they'd look 100% identical with the original digital data, I do not think the scene would say anything about scrubbed ISOs - however, the fact is a scrubbed ISO can never be unscrubbed.

In the DC era: using the WAV files you were able to get a perfect digital copy of the original ISO again. Which is just impossible after scrubbing.

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
Link00y said:
And I guess that's what the scene is on: if you could unscrub ISOs and they'd look 100% identical with the original digital data, I do not think the scene would say anything about scrubbed ISOs - however, the fact is a scrubbed ISO can never be unscrubbed.

You missed the 'unscrub' button from version 1.1 onwards I take it......... which takes it back to a 1:1 copy
rolleyes.gif

Pity no-one actually produces the DIF files to use it.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
ah but i understand the difference.

scrubbed games need the DIF file to reproduce the original, whereas other formats such as WAV contain all the data internally to reproduce the original.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess you guys are ignoring the Gamecube bit of the quote and didn't want to bother looking into it. (Oh, and yeah... DSL totally wasn't around during the Gamecube era...)

djgarf said:
Will the groups use it though? They're not 100% accurate releases, if they're "wiped" first...

guess you dont know anything about the gamecube scene then......
starcube were the pioneers of the gamecube garbage wiping method and pretty much all gamecube images had the garbage wiped from them (apart from the first few releases and a couple where it made little to no difference)
it's not a new trick in the scene just a new one in the wii scene and i have no doubt it will catch on(maybe not with this tool as sceners prefer to code their own rather than use public ones)
Just another instance of this same thing. Just because the Wii Scene works like this now doesn't mean it has to. Which was my point from the beginning.

opcode32

powerh8er par excellence
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm all with SpikeyNDS on this one. I haven't seen this nuked for being scrubbed on any sites and i don't think it will. Scene is not there to "preserve" anything, but to win the release. This means first working release counts, everything else is considered a dupe. Everyone who says otherwise must either not have a clue or not been around long enough. I think the whole "pure dump" bullshit started back in the gbc days and since then people used it to excuse their lame and unwanted dupes (eg. NoIntro, XWar and some lame psp groups i don't remember).
Hence i am sure if some lame "group" decides to release this as unscrubbed it will either never make it on any sites (because smart people won't trade it in the first place) or just get nuked as dupe. Being nuked here doesn't matter anyway, so this whole discussion is pretty pointless in the first place

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-