Wii Vs Xbox360

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Mantis41, Jul 15, 2009.

Jul 15, 2009

Wii Vs Xbox360 by Mantis41 at 10:36 PM (3,843 Views / 0 Likes) 48 replies

1. Mantis41
    OP

Member Mantis41 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I think this ...Er......... tech video clear shows off the true capabilities of the Wii.

Video

The winner is clear. [​IMG]

2. Smash Br0

Member Smash Br0 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Video doesn't work for me... But I like the Wii better, personally.

3. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    yes this thread sure is helpful [​IMG]

4. DarkLG

Member DarkLG Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!

United States
    Umlol.But seriously the 360 wins well for everything except homebrew.The wii wins when it comes to homebrew [​IMG]

5. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    I'm guessing you didn't see the video. Its just a half naked girl playing wii fit. Serious discussion not allowed in stupid topic. This is just asking for a flame war just cuz somebody found out girls are striving for attention and are finding it through youtube coupled with wii fit.

6. DARKSHIDARA

Newcomer DARKSHIDARA Advanced Member

United States
    none is "best" it all depends on the games it has never been about the console look back at history
    all the "powerful consoles" never last long
    (example: neo geo ,sega cd, jaguar,cdi got beat by super nes. sega saturn and N64 got beat by psx. dreamcast, game cube, xbox got beat by ps2
    xbox 360, ps3 are getting beat by wii. game gear, wonder swan, neo geo pocket color, n gage, game park, gizmondo and many more got beat by game boy. psp got beat by ds)
    its always about the games nothing more

7. scousethief

Member scousethief GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Wii wins for me too.

Personally my main game playing is FPS and done on my pc ( again beats the 360 to death with its own controller) everything else i play on the WII , ive had the other 2 consoles but im not a stick pusher.

8. Mantis41
    OP

United States
    I will have to second this, I mean how the hell do you play a FPS without a mouse and keyboard anyway. I bet those getting high frags on the XBOX live have a keyboard and mouse adapter of some sort.

Can you use a keyboard and mouse with a 360? [​IMG]

9. Zerrix

Member Zerrix GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    360 in:

+Price
    +Graphics
    +Power
    +Piracy without any other hardware

Wii in:
    +homebrew

10. scousethief

Member scousethief GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    The 360 has only recently gone below the price of the wii over here , the 360 is around a year older in sales than the Wii so would have to compare next years or last years prices to be fair in which case the wii would be cheaper.

Totally agree better graphics on the 360

agree again but is included with the above bit as they come together no point having just one.

Wii can be softmoded very easily now making homebrew and playing your backups easy and virtually cost free (sdcard is needed).

All the consoles have their pros and cons , personally ive had all 3 and the other 2 are gone , I use my pc for the games i like to play and the wii for playing with the family , i get high quality graphics on the pc and decent multiplayer fun with the wii , its win win for me . Its horses for courses but the Wii and a Pc suit us rather than a Wii another console and a pc which pretty much do the samething.

11. bytor

Member bytor GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    You should buy The Conduit now that the controls for FPS games have been nailed down. Closest thing you'll get to a mouse and keyboard control on a console. It's a great game too.

12. mugel0190

Newcomer mugel0190 Advanced Member

Germany
    Since my living room shelves are glossy white the Wii ist the MUCH better console... [​IMG]

13. Bladexdsl

Australia
    mines see through blue with neons anyway if you don't like a console for how it looks than that's just plain stupid.

14. gambit420

Member gambit420 GBAtemp Regular

France
    wii wins for me too, the only thing that makes me jealous is that the 360 got the raiden fighters compilation and lots of cave shumps...

15. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Well, hardware wise, the Xbox 360 mops the floor with the Wii. Well, most systems do.

Otherwise, it's preference. If you want hardcore first person shooter games, you go for a Xbox. If you want platformers and Nintendo games, you go for the Wii. If you want a cheap Bluray player and lousy games, you buy a PS3.

16. Mantis41
    OP

United States
    Here we go,
    This is what you need for 360 FPS, XPFS adapter, only problem is it costs £50

[​IMG]

This should allow precision aiming and movment, I feel like I am drunk when trying to aim with a 360 controller.

17. Bladexdsl

Australia
    hahah you'll never get precision aiming and movement on (any) analog controller [​IMG]

18. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    lol 360 is waaaaaaaaay better than wii. no comparison.

wtf? seriously? this seems pretty unfair lol. mouse/keyboard is SO much easier to use than controllers. time for some halo 3 rapage :3

19. ZenZero

Member ZenZero GBATEMP's regular arse.

United Kingdom
    personally i prefer the wii, and although many critisize it as a console, many of there problems with it are irrelavent as most of them are not faults with the console but the games on the system.

companies just need to take a proper look at the wii and realize just how powerful it is.

20. Xta Large

Member Xta Large GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hahaha, that's not cool, you been living under a rock these last two years or something? The PS3 has plenty of great games now, bro. Oh, and, at this point, considering the variety each console boasts, it's not fair to say 'Oh, if you want platformers, go for the Wii' or 'if you want shooters, go for the 360'. The 360 has much more going for it than simply shooter games, and the Wii has plenty of good games that aren't platformers.

Anywhos, I think the 360 beats out the Wii, in just about every facet (except for hackability, haha!). It's just one cool system.