Wii VC Titles dont work

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by madbullman, Apr 16, 2017.

1. madbullman
    OP

madbullman Member

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2016
    Poland
    So i installed today SM Galaxy on my external HDD. I use Mocha CFW and everything works great except the Wii VC game. When i try to start the game the SM Galaxy logo is there and after that my console reboots. Any idea what is happening and how to fix this?

2. asper

asper GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 14, 2010
    United States
    You need to get the Wii VC games with wiiu usb helper and use patches before launching the title (mocha, sign_patcher, cbhc).
    Wii VC will not work with NUSPacker repacked games.
    Wii VC will not work if installed in emunand, they will only run in realnand.

3. madbullman
    OP

madbullman Member

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2016
    Poland
    Ah thanks for the info. I got my Wii VC game with wiiu usb helper but im not sure how to use the patches? Could you explain?

4. Felek666

Felek666 Archdemon | #AMDForever

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Patches are applied by various CFW-like homebrew apps: Sig2sysmenu, Mocha CFW [Use plain sysNAND], Haxchi CFW [With config set to default=sysmenu] and ColdBootHaxChi.

5. madbullman
    OP

madbullman Member

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2016
    Poland
    Ok got it so i just gotta switch my Mocha to sysNAND.

6. Felek666

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Yup, it will provide patching to sysNAND and unlike redNAND, it won't corrupt.

7. madbullman
    OP

madbullman Member

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2016
    Poland
    It works now. Very big thanks for the help guys. Wesolych swiat!

Felek666 likes this.
  8. Felek666

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    np, and thanks. :)

9. tehoivun

tehoivun Member

Newcomer
    May 24, 2016
    United States
    Excuse me I'm experiencing the same problem as you. How did you switch Mocha to sysnand?

10. madbullman
    OP

madbullman Member

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2016
    Poland
    I used a different SD card because RedNand is saved on the SD card. Just copied everything and installed mocha again this time on Sysnand works like a charm.

11. Felek666

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    You can always format redNAND partition, delete .elf and redownload it.
    redNAND is targeted towards developers and on sysNAND you have exact same benefits but even more useful ones such as ColdBootHaxChi.
    Also sysNAND doesn't corrupt, and SysConfigTool was patched so it can be safely installed on sysNAND.
    [redNAND can prevent bricks but if you're not screwing around with critical system parts such as Wii U menu then move to sysNAND]

If you like to screw around with Wii U, then keep redNAND but move your stuff over to sysNAND. That way, you will not lose everything.