Gaming wii update?????? on pal?

Absurd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Phoned Nintendo UK yesterday, they told me that the Wii could be exchanged for a brand new one. However, because I'd invalidated my warranty, there would be a charge of £52.95 but the whole process would take up to 10 days only.

So if this info is of any use to anybody, give them a call and see if you get the same information. As the guy on the phone said, it's a lot cheaper than having to shell out for another console at full price.

One thing confuses me, though. If Nintendo can send me a brand new console in such a short space of time, why can't I find one on shop shelves?

1337Nemo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Bricked Wii: NO
Wiiconnect active: YES
Opera browser final downloaded: YES
Firmware version: 2.2E
Screensaver activated: YES
Language on system: German
Mod Chip: WiiKey
Console DVD chip: dont know, bought it on release day

I have to add: I forgot to patch the iso, so i just enabled region free in my wiikey... now i burned elebits, forgot it again (-.-""") and everything is still working.. i think i wont turn it off.

pipesfranco

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Phoned Nintendo UK yesterday, they told me that the Wii could be exchanged for a brand new one. However, because I'd invalidated my warranty, there would be a charge of £52.95 but the whole process would take up to 10 days only.

So if this info is of any use to anybody, give them a call and see if you get the same information. As the guy on the phone said, it's a lot cheaper than having to shell out for another console at full price.

One thing confuses me, though. If Nintendo can send me a brand new console in such a short space of time, why can't I find one on shop shelves?

thats good news for the people who bricked them....Nintendo must be loving this....game will cost around £30 but they are getting £53 for each console they replace....ace!

defrb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So,.... Bricked wii's should phone nintendo tel them honestly you opened it , but what about the chip,. remove it or is it legal to make backup copies, sorry about this question but for me thats really not clear.
When they look at my flash_saves they can see i bought "all" games
ohmy.gif
tongue.gif
, will they like that/.?

Ive allready ordered a new 1 for 250 euros + new chip> 325 euros, expensive mistake
smile.gif
) well ,. when i drive 250km i get the same penalty
smile.gif
)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Next time i play mario,.. i will smash his head at a wall with many bricks till his head is total loss,.... yes i do hate him, no doubt....

elomaniak

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
i sended my wii to nintendo and the fucked up german mail as known as Deutsche Post lost my package.

when i am lucky they will give me the money for it anor they'll find it and send it to nintendo .
i wrote a summary of the problem and the guy from the technical section told me that the chip will be left inside when it's not necessary to remove it.

even if they remove it they'll have to give it back to me

1337Nemo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i sended my wii to nintendo and the fucked up german mail as known as Deutsche Post lost my package.

when i am lucky they will give me the money for it anor they'll find it and send it to nintendo .
i wrote a summary of the problem and the guy from the technical section told me that the chip will be left inside when it's not necessary to remove it.

even if they remove it they'll have to give it back to me

yeah, deutsche post
wink.gif

They really suck.. but in Germany it's Legal to have a Modchip and to have backups from your own games..

Ps: wieso haste das packet nicht versichert? Bei dem Wert einer Wii ..

defrb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ive caled Nintendo repair service holland, they know about the problem and they will "replace" the board for 97euro (lol you german people are cheaper!!) So i will remove my chip otherwise it wont be there when i get my wii sended back.

Bricked pal users just call nintendo repair and ask what they can do for you.

elomaniak

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
if they remove the chip then they ripped you off
they cant just steal it
it's your console and it's your choice what you want to do with the console so they arent allowed to remove the chip

topdark

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
They will place a new mobo, and I don't think you'll get your old mobo send back (where your chip is on)...

Thats why you've to remove your chip...

But it's kinda weird that Nintendo says there is no solution for this problem, wtf is the WII for cheapass console then?

Redsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
as others have said -

you will not brick your wii if you have v2.1E or v2.2E.

This is because the ssaver.html file has been placed in the correct area of the wii with this update. Previous versions of firmware saved the ssaver.html in a different area of the wii, hence it can not find it and will not progress.

You do NOT have to be online whilst updating.

Also if you wii will not fully update (ie gets stuck at the end part of the SPM update) leave it for 10 minutes and manually turn the machine off - it should all work fine. Even 10 minutes isnt needed, but i would leave it on to make sure everyone has copied over.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries