djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
waninkoko said:
I didn't release it yet, maybe I'll do it if people finds it useful.
I think ether2802 would appreciate it
He updated his wii to test it out and took a hit for the team i believe so im sure he would like a copy to get him back on track again.

Im sure there are others as well - i could put it up somewhere if you dont want to kill your bandwidth.

bootsector

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
waninkoko said:
I didn't release it yet, maybe I'll do it if people finds it useful.

Maybe you should release it first. Then people should try it. Then after that, they will judge wether it's useful or not. What do you think?

pure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
brabomichel said:
i don't get it....why people update their wii when they use hombrew. everyone knows dat updates can block the use of homebrew.
Because some people don't think before they act and rely on other people to save their asses :>

mueueps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I updated my wii and was able to downgrade it...so actually everything is working.....I'm on 3.2E right now.
I think i read something, that it won't overwrite everything the update did, when you downgarde thy system...(something like this) So would this be usefull for me if i want to play the new backuploader?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pure said:
brabomichel said:
i don't get it....why people update their wii when they use hombrew. everyone knows dat updates can block the use of homebrew.
Because some people don't think before they act and rely on other people to save their asses :>

Some wanted to test it out so they could report back to everyone else as well and infairness taking a hit for the community is a worthy act and deserves to be recognised.

pure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
djtaz said:
pure said:
brabomichel said:

Some wanted to test it out so they could report back to everyone else as well and infairness taking a hit for the community is a worthy act and deserves to be recognised.
Well you got me there. My statement was a little too general. Sorry.

Rockman GFF

Trophies
Website
shootingstar-rockman.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
waninkoko said:
I have an application for people that updated and has cIOS installed (rev3 or higher).
Would it be possible to make it without needing a cIOS? After downgrading to New 3.3 to 3.2U on my Japanese System, I thought I could use PatchMii to fix everything with the IOS'. The PatchMii Rev05 killed your cIOS Rev05 and couldn't install it's own IOS. T_T

I also used your Region Changer since it was the only thing that worked at the time for me to change Regions before not knowing that PatchMii will kill off Custom IOS. I'm in Partial Language mode right now, can't even do a Wii System Update. I'm just glad I have another Wii right now that doesn't have the Update too. I simply needed that Shop Channel on the 23rd, needed to get something off of it and there was no other way then. =\

I do have an FS Dump though from Monday too. I'm hoping it could become useful in this situation if something were to be created. :S

Muzer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You guys do realise that Team Twiizers have hardware that they can use to install the update then revert their Wiis back to how they were, so taking a hit for a team is a bit pointless
tongue.gif

mueueps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mueueps said:
I updated my wii and was able to downgrade it...so actually everything is working.....I'm on 3.2E right now.
I think i read something, that it won't overwrite everything the update did, when you downgarde thy system...(something like this) So would this be usefull for me if i want to play the new backuploader?

*push* ?

bailli

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Muzer said:
You guys do realise that Team Twiizers have hardware that they can use to install the update then revert their Wiis back to how they were, so taking a hit for a team is a bit pointless
tongue.gif

I'm glad someone knows what he is doing/writting.

@Muzer Did your really just comment out the lines where the patches are applied and change the title id to get patchmii to install IOS51?
I tried that myself yesterday and it always exited after "downloading IOS51 metadata..". Maybe it got stuck because of my external HDD to connect via USB...

Edit: I am currently "away" from my Wii - so I cannot test it...

NeoKamek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rockman GFF said:
waninkoko said:
I have an application for people that updated and has cIOS installed (rev3 or higher).
Would it be possible to make it without needing a cIOS? After downgrading to New 3.3 to 3.2U on my Japanese System, I thought I could use PatchMii to fix everything with the IOS'. The PatchMii Rev05 killed your cIOS Rev05 and couldn't install it's own IOS. T_T
If I understand correctly, it won't be possible to downgrade without a Custom IOS installed, as the upgrade patched the fakesigning bug on all other IOSes. You'd need to use an IOS that has the fakesigning bug present, leaving Custom IOS the only possible way.

Marcan says they have exploits that work with the current upgrade, so if all else fails, a little patience will most likely work.

Chemical_Warfare

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yep, i'm in the patience group. Frikkin' wife updated the on me last night while i wasnt home.. 3.3u, although i havent had a chance to test the HBC or wads or anything, all i did was test wiigator's loader which worked. (minor sigh of relief)

You gotta love hearing things like "it asked if i wanted to update, so i clicked yes".
Makes me wish i kept a shotgun handy.

I realize this is my first post, but i've been following the forums since the loader came out, just hadnt bothered to register until now, because im screwed. Up to this point, i had all the info i needed without posting. Figured now would be a good time so i could keep tabs on this thread.

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, to get back to Waninkokos app, that'll downgrade all IOS...
I would really appreciate if you release it. this is a nice to have app... even for the future.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Off topic: What is it about canadian wives?? mine is canadian and almost the same case, that's why I'm asking......lol
Back on topic: Again Waninkoko is making us wait....damm stupidness of mine

bootsector

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is anyone getting dns errors with tona's Shop Channel and IOS51 installer? Can't download 18 files for Shop Channel. Could download for IOS51 after several trial and errors. I can download the files from my PC though, so I think it's not a overload issue on Nintendo servers!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fuckin heavy storm over here