Hacking Wii Update: 3.3U Out

gblock247

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the long and short of it....

I'm getting Twilight Princess in the mail via Gamefly tommorrow and I was planning on doing the Homebrew Channel.

So don't update if I plan on doing this or ever installing WADs, or can I update after I do the Twilight Hack and install the Homebrew Channel and still be able to do WADs?

thanks
smile.gif

pLemming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
gblock247 said:

I'm getting Twilight Princess in the mail via Gamefly tommorrow and I was planning on doing the Homebrew Channel.

So don't update if I plan on doing this or ever installing WADs, or can I update after I do the Twilight Hack and install the Homebrew Channel and still be able to do WADs?

thanks
smile.gif
Ensure you install the proper cIOS first, and according to all reports it's fine.

But despite that I don't recommend an update anyway, unless you're desperate to use the shop

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have another thing:

If someone has dumped his/her File System with the FS Dumper before the update.
Could this be restored?

@berlinka
the cios_fix has the best capability

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
berlinka said:
WiiShizzza said:
@berlinka
If you wanna use a cIOS, the use the cios_fix

What's different (better) about that "cIOS_fix" compared to the Custom IOS36 rev 05 or IOS37 rev 03/ rev 02...
More games work - check the issues and answers thread post 1 for info on most things

gblock247

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pLemming said:
gblock247 said:

thanks
smile.gif
Ensure you install the proper cIOS first, and according to all reports it's fine.

But despite that I don't recommend an update anyway, unless you're desperate to use the shop

How does that work? Link(s) pretty please. I'll be doing all this for the first time tommorrow evening.

Thanks
smile.gif

Rugapand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Diffusion said:
23 October 08: Nintendo has (finally) released an update which blocks fakesigning on all IOSes. As usual, updating is not recommended until further details and implications regarding homebrew are examined.

QUOTE said:
* This blocks new installations of anything fakesigned, that is, Homebrew Channel, wads (legal and illegal), Starfall, cIOS, anything that installs IOSes secretly like AnyRegion Changer or AnyTitle Deleter, xyzzy and DVDX (used for apps which have DVD support). This list is not exhaustive, but please add to it if you think of anything else.
* If something is already installed then it isn't affected, like Homebrew Channel, etc.
* The homebrew developers are already planning how they could work against this.
* You currently need this update to access the Wii Shop Channel.
* If you already have the Homebrew Channel and DVDX, and aren't planning to install anything big that will affect your Wii, then you are most likely unaffected. Normal everyday apps such as Homebrew Browser are completely unaffected as long as you already have the Homebrew Channel.
* It updates all IOSes with the fakesigning bug, and adds IOS51.

Source: Wiibrew.org

The System Menu is still 3.3
So will this spark a new surge of methods to hack/install hombrew on the wii or those it spell the end of hombrew channel and it's like?

Fye_DX

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a quick note (I haven't read the latest posts so maybe someone told you guys this already...):
If you uninstall the cIOS you'll NOT be able to reinstall it on the new firmware. That means that after the uninstallation, the WAD Manager, the Wii Backup Loader and anything relying on the cIOS to work will STOP working.

This is just something you guys knew already anyway... =P

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i didnt know that wad manager required cIOS to work. i've been using it for ages before even installing cIOS.

or is it a newer version we're talkin about?

or is it the fact it wont work without the cIOS when updated?

so confused! too many late nights lol

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The WAD Manager doesn't require a Custom IOS on any updates before yesterday. However, if you perform the newest update, it will not work without a Custom IOS.

DarkChili

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this kills the GeckoOS rebooter FYI, which for me means FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mikeyt1998 said:
but dont you need wad manager to install the cIOS first? thats what confused me lol

I think, but I'm not sure. Prior to this update, a Custom IOS was not needed to install pirated Virtual Console/WiiWare WADs with the WAD Manager.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ah i see, but what people are saying is that its only fakesigned wads that cant be installed with the wad manager.

the cIOS allows fakesigned wads like the loader and HBC to be installed is what you're saying? dont know about original VC game installation though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/8FD7Uuo2tYw?si=agfH-CKBav-2B11w +1