Hacking Wii Update: 3.3U Out

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zanonymous said:
This doesn't mean games will require an update to run. Otherwise people without access to the internet wouldn't be able to run newer games, right??

not really.
if a game ever comes out that REALLY needs the system update. *new features, etc* then the update will be included on the disc.

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think it will only be required for games that are looking for ios51, otherwise probably not.

can we download these things from nintendo's update server and make wads of the new ios51 and the new wii shop channel? (i think so). that way only part of the update could be installed. also, if all of the new ioses get dumped, they can be patched (im guessing fairly easily, assuming that not a lot has changed), and put into a hacked version of the update.

i think all of the urls needed for downloading the pieces of the update are given in the wiimpersonator log, right? if not i hope someone posts a way to find/get them.

this would stilll affect bootmii in its current (last seen) form since bootmii still depends on the ioses stored on the wii system nand, and if they're patched, you still will have the same problems running homebrew as you would from the homebrew channel. so we need a version of bootmii that also loads a cios from sd card or from a backup (hidden/unaltered) location on nand in addition to the homebrew channel code. buhing and co know this and i think it's why they still haven't released it yet.

edit: .TakaM: just dsi support afaik.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
ZenithMaur said:
midna25 said:
So what do you guys think? Will this spell the end of wii homebrew? Or will a workaround be found shortly?

On another note, the Twilight Hack still works, so those of us who updated before installing HBC can still use homebrew.

Not if you dont update. Just wait they will find a way. Untill then no wii shop channel is all
See, thing is, that don't help new wii users. the new wiis will come with the latest FW. And since most who do not know of the wii homebrew scene will update, if no fix is found, the wii homebrew scene will only be for users who bought older wiis and installed HBC or did not update. That's a small # of people. If a workaround is not found, The homebrew scene will pretty much die. That's the point I'm trying to make. Hope a workaround is found.

blueoakleyz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When it comes to this stuff I've learned to stop worrying.
Hackers are smarter (than Nintendo), more dedicated, not paid by the hour and part of a community.

goodboy735

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Awdofgum said:
I tried updating, but I kept getting an Error...
thats probably a good thing
tongue.gif

has anybody gotten a downgrader to work?

pLemming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
CockroachMan said:
Haven't updated it.. but I've heard that the Shop Channel is now faster..

Well, I have a modchip, just by curiosity does it affect playing other region games some how!?
unsure.gif
Yes - shop is significantly faster. Buying Megaman 9 and Super Mario RPG wasn't the chore of a download that the shop used to be in the past, and now was merely pleasant. Although as nothing has changed on the Wii that could accomodate this really, it's a bum deal as it's likely just server-side improvements.

But other than some other cosmetic changes to a few screens, this was an anti-exploit patch.

vic1337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
before the last update i install the CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042 to use the backup launcher. After i install the last update everything continue to work fine (install wads, emulators, loaders etc) i read in this forum that this is because i have the custom ios that continue to had the bug that nintendo fix whith the new update so my question is will i be able to install a new ios requeried for example to use the incoming back up launcher 0.3???? is there any problem for people that update with a custom ios like me?

acesniper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
vic1337 said:
before the last update i install the CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042 to use the backup launcher. After i install the last update everything continue to work fine (install wads, emulators, loaders etc) i read in this forum that this is because i have the custom ios that continue to had the bug that nintendo fix whith the new update so my question is will i be able to install a new ios requeried for example to use the incoming back up launcher 0.3???? is there any problem for people that update with a custom ios like me?
I believe that you cannot because cios is not offical authenticated by nintendo.

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
after reading through all 26 pages, i got some minor questions, first of all i use a modchip(wasabi) and i believe im still on 3.2u or whatever the last big game update was. now, this whole deal with cios, i dont have anything like that installed, do i need this while im a chip user for future wad installs and such? and what are the upsides to this whole custom ios thing? i havent updated yet, and quite frankly i dont even have hbc installed as i see no use for myself, an old wad installer w/o even a banner is all i use to install wads.
and better believe that the wiibrew community is too far in to be shut down by someone like ninty

deervark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless you need to use the shop channel immediately, don't worry about the last 27 pages and avoid updating. Something will come about in a few days.

- The Homebrew Chan is pretty nice, though. Quake and the media players are awesome.

vic1337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rawalisb said:
vic1337 said:
I believe that you cannot because cios is not offical authenticated by nintendo.

So the only solution for me is to make a downgrade? Or there will be a fix in the future? i was waiting a lot for backup launcher 0.3 and to think that when is ready i can't use it is horrible =(

acesniper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
vic1337 said:
rawalisb said:
vic1337 said:

So the only solution for me is to make a downgrade? Or there will be a fix in the future? i was waiting a lot for backup launcher 0.3 and to think that when is ready i can't use it is horrible =(
If you downloaded the update and HAD the HBC, you can downgrade it. But if you did not, then sorry.

There probably is going to be a fix soon (hopefully), so just sit tight.

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not gonna update , but what sux is that I deleted the msg from nintendo about the update , brfore i deleted it i was able to use the news channel wich i really like
frown.gif
anyway I hope wani does release a new rev file for this I'm still using the old beta ...sure I may have made some coasters because it of that but its cool......I wanna thank you all for the input about this update....Wani your the man ... I sent you an email awhile back to say thanks not sure if you got it , Im new to this so not really sure what else to say

vic1337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rawalisb said:
vic1337 said:
rawalisb said:
vic1337 said:

If you downloaded the update and HAD the HBC, you can downgrade it. But if you did not, then sorry.

There probably is going to be a fix soon (hopefully), so just sit tight.

Yes i have the hbc i have emus wads etc and i am adding new ones without any problem. I decide that i will stay in the update 3.3V2 and if there is no solution i will downgrade. thank you =)

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
vic1337 said:
Yes i have the hbc i have emus wads etc and i am adding new ones without any problem. I decide that i will stay in the update 3.3V2 and if there is no solution i will downgrade. thank you =)

Even if you downgrade, all of the IOSs will still be patched.

If you attempt to install a new cIOS, and it is also IOS249, your cIOS would get overwritten first, then the installation will fail.

cIOS249 = life support for Wad / cIOS installation.

Once its removed, you will no longer be able to install cIOSs / Wads.

This includes installing a new cIOS which also uses IOS249 due to the fact that once the previous IOS is removed, the existing patches that are on the Wii will refuse the installation process.

This means that you will no longer be able to use version 0.3 of Wiigator's Backup Loader IF the installation for that loader uses IOS249.

skroooagh

Trophies
XP
Country
A thought just occured to me - this means there won't be any new dumps from the Shop Channel in the forseeable future, doesn't it?

jam3972

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure those who upgraded have reason to have hope.

twilight hack has already been updated, so regardless of your current state, there's still a way to run homebrew.

from what I understand a fix would be wipe the entire NAND filesystem and rewrite it with older version stuff. that's not exactly a simple process but I believe the people at hackmii are working on it, or someone is at least.

short version, if you upgraded there will eventually be a way to downgrade everything, but it may take awhile.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol Veho goatse device! +1