Hacking Wii U

BBking83

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, anyone heard of this new console? There might be a new forum section for this down the track but for now, lets discuss the new possibilities here!
yaywii.gif

For those who aren't aware it uses a screen controller (almost like a handheld) but can only use one of those. It's compatible with the Wii controllers.

But apparently it uses it's own discs. Not DVD and apparently not even DL-DVD, but it can hold upto 25GB. So what will this entail for HB? It also won't have DVD/Blu-ray playback.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I never heard of it!

...just kidding. There are already quite some threads about it (search for either "wiiu or wii u"), at the moment mostly either in the general consoles discussion, the news section and/or the wii gaming section.

No offense, but a general thread about it should be in either of those sections (until the it gets their own forum section). In wii hacking, it's certainly out of place.
smile.gif

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all i can say for wii u is EPIC FAIL !!. this is going to break nintendo. nothing new to offer. oh wait it's got a gameboy as a controller.
closedeyes.gif

they should have atleast let the game system play dvd's/blueray. this is going to be like the virtual boy gaming system. an i don't think it will sell all that well. but yet there are poor saps out there that will. just to be on top, an have bragging rights.("hey look i went an got the new wiiu. i'm cool now.) the main system isn't even new just a retooled wii. with the buttons moved. i'll stick with my wii for awhile thank you. an when this breaks.. time to drag robbie out of the attic. an play some good old super mario.
yaywii.gif

now i said my piece, please move topic.

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
shortz1994 said:
all i can say for wii u is EPIC FAIL !!. this is going to break nintendo. nothing new to offer. oh wait it's got a gameboy as a controller.
closedeyes.gif

they should have atleast let the game system play dvd's/blueray. this is going to be like the virtual boy gaming system. an i don't think it will sell all that well. but yet there are poor saps out there that will. just to be on top, an have bragging rights.("hey look i went an got the new wiiu. i'm cool now.) the main system isn't even new just a retooled wii. with the buttons moved. i'll stick with my wii for awhile thank you. an when this breaks.. time to drag robbie out of the attic. an play some good old super mario.
yaywii.gif

now i said my piece, please move topic.
I remember the same thing said 5 years ago when the Wii was announced...

"It has a brick instead of a controller!"

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I like the new idea. But didn't see a wristband, so I hope they won't forget that.

Did anyone notice the system, by the way? It looks a little different from the normal Wii. (See picture below)
[tn=150]http://dhost.info/pictures/gimages/GBAtemp.WiiU.Shape.Screenshot.png[/tn]

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Waflix said:
I like the new idea. But didn't see a wristband, so I hope they won't forget that.

Did anyone notice the system, by the way? It looks a little different from the normal Wii. (See picture below)
[tn=150]http://gimp.net76.net/gimages/GBAtemp.WiiU.Shape.Screenshot.png[/tn]
of course, the Wii U isn't just a controller. that thing you boxed is the Wii U.

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Narayan said:
Waflix said:

[tn=150]http://dhost.info/pictures/gimages/GBAtemp.WiiU.Shape.Screenshot.png[/tn]
of course, the Wii U isn't just a controller. that thing you boxed is the Wii U.

I was just asking if anyone noticed. :')

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Waflix said:
Never noticed it, this looks like the wii for me, only a bit optimized
laugh.gif

I hope it will be backwards compatible and hackable
rofl.gif

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
Waflix said:
Never noticed it, this looks like the wii for me, only a bit optimized
laugh.gif

I hope it will be backwards compatible and hackable
rofl.gif

so far only wii games. an if it's set up just as the wii (ios base system). then yes. it will be hacked just as fast as 3ds.
yes the same thing was said for the wii (retooled game cube). but that faded fast. it allowed kids to get off their butts an get involved with the game more(until kinetic an move). this was the reason why i got the wii.. not that is was better then the other two systems, but because it got your butt off the couch.
only time will tell what this system will do,or not do. mybe after hearing all the flack nintendo has been getting after e3. they might change some things around. an this is a strong mybe. nintendo has always had a one track mind..money money money.. they don't listen to the general public. they do what they want. an this is going to be the down fall.
unlike the other two systems, were they listen. i only hope nintendo opens their ears. instead of keeping a closed mind.

BBking83

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, it's true.

Only backwards compatible with Wii games.

There might be GC VC games. But christ, it better have an ethernet port and not just wireless if that's the case...

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
mike333 said:
BBking83 said:
But christ, it better have an ethernet port and not just wireless if that's the case...
I have bad news for you.
Yeah, no ethernet port. But how would that really help anyways for downloading VC games? In all reality, most people don't have fast enough internet to saturate the full bandwidth of wireless G, or even Wireless B for that matter. So having an ethernet port would not make the download go any faster.

Ethernet ports are really better for simplicity, faster ping times in online games, and LAN parties.

But I'm sure you will still be able to use your wii's usb to ethernet adapter or some other adapter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2: