Wii U with Tiramisu - Black Screen with forwarders and WUP Installer GX2

StrikerMan780

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've followed the guide on https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/ However, any time I try to use HBL2HBC, I get a black screen. WUP Installer GX2 also gets a black screen when trying to install anything. In this case, I was trying to install WiiU2HBC.

Also, the old version of WUP Installer (the non-GX2 version), there's a 160-0103 error when trying to use it.

AdamCatalyst

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've had many problems since going from Haxchii to Tiramisu. I don't have the answers to your questions, but I will share a few things I've observed, in case it helps.

1. I had some apps that would never launch properly, until I deleted them out manually. A clean install fixed the problems I was having with most apps. For instance, my HBL2HBC that previously worked with Haxchii no longer worked. I re-did it from scratch, and now it works. I don't se what I did different, but that fixed it.

2. When installing apps, I have had them go corrupt in transit numerous times. Try re-copying files to yoru SD, and run integrity checks on your card. I find that data sometimes goes corrupt for no obvious reason.

3. Certain Home-brew apps will crash myself system, if I launch them first after a boot. The weird thing is, if I launch another Homebrew app instead, and then launch the previously crashing apps, they will run fine. For instance, if I run the Home-brew App Store after boot, instant system lockup. If I run WUP GX2, no problem, and then run the Home-brew App Store afterwards, no problem.

Don;t get me wrong, I think Tiramisu is great. But I also think that there are some underlying issues with it, or with some apps when using it.

If you end up figuring out what was / is happening, please do write back what you found, to help out anyone who might be suffering the same problem.

StrikerMan780

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Unfortunately nothing I've been trying has worked. I don't know if it has to do with the size of the card (128gb), but... yeah, having a lot of trouble.

AdamCatalyst

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Unfortunately nothing I've been trying has worked. I don't know if it has to do with the size of the card (128gb), but... yeah, having a lot of trouble.

Sorry to hear that. 128 GB shouldn't be a problematic size, as long as it is formatted properly, and you have a reasonable amount of free space on it.

One other thought. Make sure you have nothing else hooked up at the same time, especially no USB drives. Basically, strip everything down into it's cleanest, simplest base form. Lots of folks run WUP GX2 no problem, so something is different about your setup.

If you posted more of a step-by-step breakdown with images, it might help someone identify what was happening.

StrikerMan780

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK, got some things working more stable, like RetroArch, it runs now. But, still no luck with HBL2HBC. Any alternatives? I mainly need a way to run Nintendont with the gamepad.

Also, backing out of HBL with the home button causes "There's a problem with the system memory".

Last edited by StrikerMan780,

AdamCatalyst

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK, got some things working more stable, like RetroArch, it runs now. But, still no luck with HBL2HBC. Any alternatives? I mainly need a way to run Nintendont with the gamepad.

Also, backing out of HBL with the home button causes "There's a problem with the system memory".

If you need a way to run Nintendont games, there is a Nintendont channel forwarder out there. I don't have the link handy, and haven;t used it myself, but others here have reported success, running it on the GamePad as you mention.

If you haven''t already, my advice would be to wipe out as much as you can, and re-do hacking / modding your console. Sometimes something goes wrong along the way, without any obvious error being shown at the time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol