Hacking Wii U USB loading - install WiiU games to USB or internal memory

mutinize

dazed and confused
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried using this program for the first time earlier, I appreciate what it does but aesthetically it looks like garbage and it's confusing to navigate. Hopefully it gets worked on more in the future.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried using this program for the first time earlier, I appreciate what it does but aesthetically it looks like garbage and it's confusing to navigate. Hopefully it gets worked on more in the future.
Since this thread is about a procedure and not a specific program, which program were you intending to denigrate?

Reactions: mutinize

dragon12

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi

I have some games installed with this method in a flash drive but recently I've got errors saying that there was a error with the USB drive when playing some games... So I bought a new HDD to replace the flash drive, which I believe is the culprit for the error. My question is if I can reinstall these games normally using the WUP installer? There is no problem with the ticket or something like that?

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some games installed with this method in a flash drive but recently I've got errors saying that there was a error with the USB drive when playing some games..<snip> My question is if I can reinstall these games normally using the WUP installer? There is no problem with the ticket or something like that?
If you have trouble with specific titles, use the Move function in Data Management to copy the other titles to the new drive. That way you don't have to reinstall those. If it's a problem with the drive in general, that might not work well.

Also, make sure to copy as many of your saves as possible over to the new drive before you reinstall the games that were failing.

Since you're reinstalling titles that are already known to the system, you should omit the title.tik files from the install directories. Doing that will help keep down the clutter in the system ticket files.

Reactions: dragon12

Apolo230

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello Guys,

How can I delete ticket file avec my SysNAND ?

• Don't install games you already bought officially on eShop with this method. it will replace your ticket. You'll have to delete the ticket manually and let eShop reinstall a clean one.

I installed by accident Dr Kawashima on Haxchi, after I haved format my Wii U, and now, I can't reinstall Dr Kawashima by eshop.

I need erase ticket file, before installing the original game by ehop.

Thanks for your help.

ordos9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question, is there any way to check which region of a game I have installed on the console? I previously installed a bunch of games and now I want to install the correct updates and dlc. System settings doesn't seem to give any info and I can't find this question asked on the forums anywhere.
I'm using haxchi and cbhc.
Any help appreciated!

Luigimitsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I have some questions.

• You can only install games which exist in disc format on a clean sysNAND because you need a clean ticket.
  • CFW only: You can install games which don't exit in disc format (ex: only present on eShop, no disc version available) only on a firmware with signature patch.
So clean sysNAND basically just means a Wii u that doesn't have any NAND modifications?
But then if I want to install a game that's only on the eshop I need the signature patch, after that, I can no longer install games which exist on disc?
So then does that mean I have to install the signature patch for the shop only game, after I have installed my disc game. Then I remove it to install more disc games?

Just want some help understanding this, are there bricking risks involved here? So far all I have done is installed a game which exists on disc. Now I want to install Axiom Verge, so I have to install the signature patch, then remove it?

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Last edited by Luigimitsu,

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So clean sysNAND basically just means a Wii u that doesn't have any NAND modifications?
But then if I want to install a game that's only on the eshop I need the signature patch, after that, I can no longer install games which exist on disc?
So then does that mean I have to install the signature patch for the shop only game, after I have installed my disc game. Then I remove it to install more disc games?
Clean, in this case, means that you're not running any signature patching.

Signature patching causes the signature checks to pass. If they would have passed legitimately, that's fine too, because passing is passing. So no, you don't have to disable signature patching to install or run titles that have legit tickets (disc titles, or your own purchases.)

You won't brick from installing or trying to run games (eShop or disc), out-of-region titles, updates, or DLC. You'll get an error message if you try to run unpurchased eShop, DLC, or out-of-region titles without having your signature patching solution active, but you can dismiss the errors without harm.

Luigimitsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Clean, in this case, means that you're not running any signature patching.

Signature patching causes the signature checks to pass. If they would have passed legitimately, that's fine too, because passing is passing. So no, you don't have to disable signature patching to install or run titles that have legit tickets (disc titles, or your own purchases.)

You won't brick from installing or trying to run games (eShop or disc), out-of-region titles, updates, or DLC. You'll get an error message if you try to run unpurchased eShop, DLC, or out-of-region titles without having your signature patching solution active, but you can dismiss the errors without harm.
Great thanks, makes sense. I'll install the signature patch then uninstall it after my e-shop game is set up :)

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great thanks, makes sense. I'll install the signature patch then uninstall it after my e-shop game is set up :)
If you understood that the patches aren't going to interfere with anything, why would you remove them? I mean, you certainly can, if you feel like it, but you'll need your signature patching running when you start the eShop game anyway.

Reactions: Luigimitsu

Luigimitsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you understood that the patches aren't going to interfere with anything, why would you remove them? I mean, you certainly can, if you feel like it, but you'll need your signature patching running when you start the eShop game anyway.
Fair point I'll leave it installed, I just worry too much about doing something wrong lol. Sounds like everything is pretty safe though.

Luigimitsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Almost everything. For example, CBHC (CBHC faq) is nice to have, but it poses some risks for those who are careless or forgetful.
Yeah I'd like to minimise risks. How do you know if a standard usb will work fine (with enough power)? Just try it and if it works, it works? Otherwise I'll need to buy a hard drive + y cable at some point :P

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I'd like to minimise risks. How do you know if a standard usb will work fine (with enough power)? Just try it and if it works, it works? Otherwise I'll need to buy a hard drive + y cable at some point :P
Yes, to a point. Nintendo doesn't recommend thumb drives, but I've used my SanDisk Ultra Fit 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive (SDCZ43-128G-G46) without any problems, and I've installed/removed/overwritten countless titles while messing around with the console.

As for hard drives, the problem with power draw is that having significantly too much draw simply won't work, but being a little over might work for awhile, then quit. That can corrupt data, and it could be stressing the console's components.

panamex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Quick question, is there any way to check which region of a game I have installed on the console? I previously installed a bunch of games and now I want to install the correct updates and dlc. System settings doesn't seem to give any info and I can't find this question asked on the forums anywhere.
I'm using haxchi and cbhc.
Any help appreciated!

I have the same question and in the same situation. Somebody has the answer?

Luigimitsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, to a point. Nintendo doesn't recommend thumb drives, but I've used my SanDisk Ultra Fit 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive (SDCZ43-128G-G46) without any problems, and I've installed/removed/overwritten countless titles while messing around with the console.

As for hard drives, the problem with power draw is that having significantly too much draw simply won't work, but being a little over might work for awhile, then quit. That can corrupt data, and it could be stressing the console's components.
Wow lol. I got this - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01I5DZXYG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 with a y cable for it and it works fine so far, hopefully there will be no problems.

Nateisaspy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dumb Question #65472 Can you transfer your Brazilian Method games from one HDD to another HDD and use that HDD for a completely different WiiU(w/CFW+sig patches)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ