Wii U pro controller support?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Ghork, Dec 3, 2012.

Dec 3, 2012

Wii U pro controller support? by Ghork at 8:37 AM (1,353 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Ghork
    OP

Member Ghork GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    Hi, I've preordered my Wii U with Nintendo land, NSMB U and a pro controller. I'm expecting to get it
    soon.

Anyway, I only ordered the pro controller because I needed another controller to use if I am to play
    with my brother and I already have 4 Wii remotes, but not here right now. I didn't realize my own
    stupidity, I thought "of course it will work instead of the Wii mote, it has all the buttons etc.". But
    does Nintendo land or NSMB U even support the pro controller? I watched a couple of videos on
    Nintendo land and it would seem as if you really need one even though not all games should need it.

Anyone who knows?

2. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    Those two games doesn't support it.
    ZombiU support it when playing in multiPlayer (two player mode), one with the gamePad and one with the ProController.

You can check on http://gametdb.com if a game supports it by looking at the back cover.

For example, ZombiU has the ProController logo in "compatible".
    NSMBU doesn't

Ghork likes this.
  3. mysticwaterfall

Member mysticwaterfall Streamforce Supreme Commander

United States
    The games that support it are mostly the ones ported from 360/ps3.

4. PrimeX

Member PrimeX GBAtemp Regular

Romania