Homebrew Wii U Linux

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't see any other way, the person who was working on the bountysource/dynarec project just turned tail and fled (typical). Even if we
upped the bounty to $1000 dollars, he still would've fled.
I dont think he fled :P He just got stuck and other life things took over, as far as I know he's still planning on working on it?

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think he fled :P He just got stuck and other life things took over, as far as I know he's still planning on working on it?

It may as well be abandonment, there hasn't been an update in several months. He could of at least said a word or two if he was. :unsure: If you can find anything about that, and plans on coming back, then great.
Damn the Wii U for being so bloody hard to program for. I'll believe it when I see it.

Last edited by the_randomizer,
Reactions: ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It may as well be abandonment, there hasn't been an update in several months. He could of at least said a word or two if he was. :unsure: If you can find anything about that, and plans on coming back, then great.
Damn the Wii U for being so bloody hard to program for. I'll believe it when I see it.
He's a hard person to get in contact with. If I could I'd ask him for an update ;)

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I want to believe, I really do, that he'll return; I had high hopes for proper PSX emulation on Wii U. That's just two cents >.>
On the other hand if he does continue to make the Dynarec for PC (and finish it) that doesn't mean he's willing to carry on and port it for WiiU too.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From a WiiU standpoint that WiiU dynarec bounty should have been for a PCSX port to WiiU. Standalone not Retroarch based.

A too late for that, ain't it? Not like we can go back and undo all of this, dynarec's never going to happen anyway, so what's the point in funding it now? Either someone is going to have to kickstart
a new Bounty or somehow get it running full speed on Wii U Linux. It's kinda hard for me to have faith in bountysource when funding a project for dynarec leads to no benefits for Wii U.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A too late for that, ain't it? Not like we can go back and undo all of this, dynarec's never going to happen anyway, so what's the point in funding it now? Either someone is going to have to kickstart
a new Bounty or somehow get it running full speed on Wii U Linux.
I dunno.. Probably. I'm not sure if the bounty could be transferred to another bounty? All I know if PSX Beetle requires alot more grunt that a straight PCSXr port. Granted PSX Beetle has better features than PCSXr but those features cost :P

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno.. Probably. I'm not sure if the bounty could be transferred to another bounty? All I know if PSX Beetle requires alot more grunt that a straight PCSXr port. Granted PSX Beetle has better features than PCSXr but those features cost :P

And I realize that, and if it had Dynarec, the Wii U is more than capable of emulating the PSX, there's no doubt. You'd have to speak to the people who run Bountysource to see if it can be transferred. I just don't see why PCSX-R could've been started on Wii U first, then over to Beetle PSX. Damn.

What the hell was I thinking when I started this? I may just request that everyone gets refunded so we can all forget about this and move on.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And I realize that, and if it had Dynarec, the Wii U is more than capable of emulating the PSX, there's no doubt. You'd have to speak to the people who run Bountysource to see if it can be transferred. I just don't see why PCSX-R could've been started on Wii U first, then over to Beetle PSX. Damn.
I maybe making this up :P but it could be possible to run PCSXr on WiiU with just Interpreter. I think the vWii PCSXr port runs pretty well with just the CPU overclock?

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I maybe making this up :P but it could be possible to run PCSXr on WiiU with just Interpreter. I think the vWii PCSXr port runs pretty well with just the CPU overclock?

Well, see, that's the thing, people thing the WiiSXR port is "just good enough". Sure, it runs full speed, but many issues remain; culling issues in 3D, lack of proper Gaussian interpolation, VAG/ADSR, reverb, screen tearing, etc. Running
full speed is all well and good, but when the graphics and audio plugins are broken, it ruins the experience. Unless you mean the vanilla PCSX-R port, the one that has more complete SPU and GPU plugin functions, then I'd be all for it.

If the graphics plugin and audio plugin can be 1:1 matched with the PC port, and still run full speed, then they should do it on PCSXR first, then Beetle PSX.

There has got to be a way.....

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, see, that's the thing, people thing the WiiSXR port is "just good enough". Sure, it runs full speed, but many issues remain; culling issues in 3D, lack of proper Gaussian interpolation, VAG/ADSR, reverb, screen tearing, etc. Running
full speed is all well and good, but when the graphics and audio plugins are broken, it ruins the experience. Unless you mean the vanilla PCSX-R port, the one that has more complete SPU and GPU plugin functions, then I'd be all for it.

If the graphics plugin and audio plugin can be 1:1 matched with the PC port, and still run full speed, then they should do it on PCSXR first, then Beetle PSX.
Yes the latter, WiiSXr runs well on the overclocked CPU and that's without the WiiU's ram and GPU. ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'd pay for wiimote lightgun support in Wiisxr
On WiiU you could have Wiimote AND Touch support :P

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes the latter, WiiSXr runs well on the overclocked CPU and that's without the WiiU's ram and GPU. ;)

But the plugins are broken to high heaven and ruins the immersive experience, it's painful hearing Crash Bandicoot with linear audio and 3D culling/depth issues >.> Why can't there be another option to port over the standard PCSX-R with properly working sound and graphics? Full speed is good, but when everything is doesn't work or sound as it should, it's hard to enjoy games. That's what I'm trying to say, I'd rather there be more options for PSX. Games that use XA-Audio are completely broken.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But the plugins are broken to high heaven and ruins the immersive experience, it's painful hearing Crash Bandicoot with linear audio and 3D culling/depth issues >.> Why can't there be another option to port over the standard PCSX-R with properly working sound and graphics? Full speed is good, but when everything is doesn't work or sound as it should, it's hard to enjoy games. That's what I'm trying to say, I'd rather there be more options for PSX. Games that use XA-Audio are completely broken.
That's what I meant, a true WiiU port of PCSXr would have the WiiU CPU, RAM and GPU speeds, whereas the vWii only has access to the WiiU CPU speeds ;)
As for the Audio an Graphics, PCSXr is plugin based? so those depend on what plugins get ported I guess?

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I meant, a true WiiU port of PCSXr would have the WiiU CPU, RAM and GPU speeds, whereas the vWii only has access to the WiiU CPU speeds ;)
As for the Audio an Graphics, PCSXr is plugin based? so those depend on what plugins get ported I guess?

Yes, and they are outdated on the WiiSXR side of things, hence the need of a proper vanilla PCSX-R port, surely, it can be done. Once my financial situation improves, I may start a real bounty source, but I
ain't holding my breath.

The current one, that's $250, was a bust and may ask that everyone gets refunded, myself included.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: get a used series X?