Wii U Launch Line Up Set

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Guild McCommunist, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Issac

Issac I

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Issac is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Sweden
    I thought people wold show lots of love for wipeout.. isn't that a "hardcore game"? Always thought PS3 fans were raving about wipeout?

2. Ace Overclocked

Ace Overclocked My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

Jul 30, 2010
    Italy
    Somewhere
    Not the racing game.

1 person likes this.
  3. jefffisher

jefffisher GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 17, 2006
    United States
    ZombiU, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Nintendo Land and New Super Mario Bros. U for me then Pikmin 3 as soon as it comes out.

4. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    solid lineup?! only Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two interests me but not enough to make me buy a wu at launch. i'll prob end up playing that on the wii anyway

5. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

Supervisor
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Hmmm... let's see...

Well, it has some nice highlights. For a launch, it's good.

6. mysticwaterfall

mysticwaterfall Streamforce Supreme Commander

Aug 11, 2008
    United States
    Right behind you
    Its Wipeout, the gameshow. Which has somehow sold enough to merit 3 games. Looked terrible in the sizzle reel, plus its already out for Wii, so I don't know who would wait to buy it for the U if they cared.

1 person likes this.
  7. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada

My list. Though when Mass Effect 3 comes out, I'm gonna buy that too.

8. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Netherworld
    You going to buy that, knowing there are collections on the other consoles?

9. Centrix

Centrix Stop Poking the Moogle!

Aug 28, 2008
    United States
    Seattle,WA
    Well I have two of those games reserved and payed of well three not counting the game thats coming with my Black Wii U Nintendo Land :P I think I'll go buy two more :P lol

10. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    Uh yeah. Hell I already own Mass Effect 2 on PC, Xbox and PS3, and I own ME3 on PS3, and I'm getting the collection thing too. I'll gladly give BioWare my money, those sonsofbitches earned it with this series.

11. 431unknown

431unknown Greatness Awaits

Sep 29, 2008
    United States
    NSMBU and Nintendo Land day one for my son and probably Black Ops and Tekken Tag 2 for me shortly after.

12. h8uthemost

h8uthemost GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 7, 2006
    United States
    Nintendo's consoles are the only consoles I'll buy at launch anymore. And I was already planning on getting one then, now I'm even more excited that I see what will be available at the start.

I'm just hoping hackers will have better luck with the Wii U than they have had with the 3DS...

13. Heran Bago

Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

Nov 6, 2005
    United States
    Foggy California
    No Pikmin 3? Good I don't have to get one at launch.

14. Gaiaknight

Gaiaknight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 26, 2008
    United States
    howell, Michigan
    solid lineup of games too bad i dont have more money to spend on my wiiu in november or else i would get more than just mario and zombiu prolly get black ops 2 and a pro controller a couple weeks after launch though to hold me over till pikmin 3 and monster hunter.

15. Hielkenator

Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 7, 2010
    Netherlands
    I'll leave it a my black wii u an NintendoLand for the time being.
    Imho, there's nothing special in these lists.
    Maybe COD BO 2, Just for Graphics that is. And the online replay value.

16. Master Mo

Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Nov 22, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Man Mo Temple
    That's a very nice line-up, even though it's not european I would get the following:

-CoD:BO2 - I loved the first one and I played it a lot locally in splitscreen (Zombimode) and this will be amazing when we can play locally together without sharing screens... Also I'll be playing with WM+NC and my friend will use the gamepad...
    (-I'm very psyched about Epic Mickey 2 but I don't think I'll get it, since it defintely will play better with motion controls. The analog controls look hurrendous from what I've seen in demos...)
    -NSMBu - The game looks phenomenal. I also really love the pacing and tightness of Mario games.
    -NintendoLand - Though this will be packed in with the delux model. This looks amazing. If it is half as good as WSR I'll love this game!
    (-I would have gotten Sonic Racing but the previews were not very favorable for the game... Don't put out a Demo Sega, if it runs at 20fps, especially if it's a racing game!!!)
    -ZombiU - Do I have to say anything. I love the Zombi mode in CoD but this is so entirely different in pacing and all, that it looks like a great and different experience...

There are some other interesting games but I'll get those when they reduce the price...

So if the european launch lineup is anything like this it will be a pretty pricey launch for me :D

17. syko5150

syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

Apr 25, 2009
    United States
    California
    I will be getting New Super Mario Bros. U, Epic Mickey 2, and Nintendo Land as a pack in with the deluxe bundle. Probably won't pick up anything else until Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends or The Wonderful 101 comes out.

18. MrShawnTRods

MrShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 26, 2011
    United Kingdom
    wow thats a pretty solid line up!
    good third party games and good mix!

19. Rockym

Rockym GBAtemp Regular

Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Well, considering its going to be out for PS3 and 360 as well, its definitely not a reason to get a WiiU at launch. Trying to decide which version to get myself. Does anyone know if the WiiU version has waggle controls? I didn't like them in the first one and would rather play this one with standard controls.

20. Master Mo

Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Nov 22, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Man Mo Temple
    I loled it this... I don't want to derail this thread as it is already happening enough in WiiU-threads but you are calling pointer controlls waggle? Wow...

I imagine the PS360 and WiiU versions to be kinda similar... But who knows. I assume that it would be logical if they'd have both control-schemes similar to Blops2! but as far as I know it is a different team so ey maybe doing something complete different fromthe others controls-wise... who knows!