Wii U Launch Line Up Set

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the record Wipeout is a shit show. If you want funny slapstick watch MXC. It's like Wipeout but with a Japanese game show re-edited and dubbed over by the funniest shit ever.

"She's a student at the Lesbian Culinary Institute."

"Lesbians cook? I thought they always ate out."

Reactions: 4 people

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wondering why the hell is sony allowing Wipeout to launch on the Wii U, they own the company that makes the series. This is something that I can not understand.
It's not that Wipeout. There's a TV series also called Wipeout, and it's getting a video game on the Wii U. Confusing, I know. :P
Can I trade that sucky Wipeout game for the racing game Wipeout instead? XD

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I wondering why the hell is sony allowing Wipeout to launch on the Wii U, they own the company that makes the series. This is something that I can not understand.
It's not that Wipeout. There's a TV series also called Wipeout, and it's getting a video game on the Wii U. Confusing, I know. :P
Can I trade that sucky Wipeout game for the racing game Wipeout instead? XD
+1 on that. When I read the first post, I was also "What? Wipeout?! :hrth: How did I miss this!?...Wait... :blink: Aaaawww... D: "

However, I DO get kind of a sadistic grin at the thought that you can just predict that someone is going to get it for Christmas or St Nicolas because loved "the previous ones" and the parents don't know shit of their son's hobby (would be even more hilarious if those parents went for the basic WiiU package with JUST that game :evil: ).

Reactions: 2 people

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
However, I DO get kind of a sadistic grin at the thought that you can just predict that someone is going to get it for Christmas or St Nicolas because loved "the previous ones" and the parents don't know shit of their son's hobby (would be even more hilarious if those parents went for the basic WiiU package with JUST that game :evil: ).
What do you mean "his parents"? Santa Claus is real, and brings all the gifts. Everyone knows that.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
What do you mean "his parents"? Santa Claus is real, and brings all the gifts. Everyone knows that.
Of course he is! And he's an avid fan of supermarkets and shopping malls. How dare you imply that I said otherwise!

But really...you know how things go. The child's blubbering on his lap ranting how he wants "that awesome toy chuck from next door has", "the batmobile", "the next Zelda on wiiU" or world peace. Even assuming the child speaks coherently and knows what he/she wants, it would be a hell to memorize all that. Let alone the correct address. Or that the parents agree to it ("I wanna real gun cus its in the cuntsitusjon"). As such, parents usually slip a note to the man (or his helpers) with the real request. :)

Reactions: 1 person

shoyrumaster11

Trophies
XP
Country
ZombiU.... Nice idea for a game. I think but, the name. Seriously. Cannot get past naming schemes that people use now. Just seriously. WTF. Great idea for a game is now ruined simply looking at that damned name! IF ANYONE CAN THING OF A BETTER NAME FOR A ZOMBIE GAME ON THE WII U, PLEASE TELL ME!I think I gotta take a break from Nintendo consoles. Anyone with me?

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not too interesting, but i'm still getting a launch WiiU 'just cuz'. I'd be getting it in the launch window anyway.

constantgamer247

Pourquoi?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For the record Wipeout is a shit show. If you want funny slapstick watch MXC. It's like Wipeout but with a Japanese game show re-edited and dubbed over by the funniest shit ever.

"She's a student at the Lesbian Culinary Institute."

"Lesbians cook? I thought they always ate out."

Yah MXC is probably 100x > Wipeout. Americans are especially good at having something shitty and blindly believing it's the best and there can be nothing better/no other way. Hunter S. Thompson said it well, "

America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable."

Pretty much captures their ego centric viewpoint. Anyway I congratulate you on knowing about MXC

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
Like someone else said it reminds me of the Vita lineup... looks like variety but just look at the sequel/port/remake count. It's just.. boring. There's not even really a single stand-out first party game to go along with normal dross. It's like the least risk-averse lineup ever. Usually Sega would often do some nice launch stuff but new Sega is not like old, sad really their contribution is now limited to basically a sequel to a glorified cart racer thats not even in-house developed. I assume Nintendo-Land is the usual gimmick bit of software to use the supposedly innovative features of the system right.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ZombiU.... Nice idea for a game. I think but, the name. Seriously. Cannot get past naming schemes that people use now. Just seriously. WTF. Great idea for a game is now ruined simply looking at that damned name! IF ANYONE CAN THING OF A BETTER NAME FOR A ZOMBIE GAME ON THE WII U, PLEASE TELL ME!I think I gotta take a break from Nintendo consoles. Anyone with me?
The name's retardedness is just up to par with the retardedness of the console name. And I've made a few stances on my opinion on that.
That said, at least "zombiU" kinda hints at some console exclusivity in the title. "zombiU for PS3" or "ZombiU for 360" just sounds reta...I'm sorry: those names sound EVEN MORE retarded than just ZombiU.

But as for a better name. Hmm...considering this is the sequel to a 1986 game called 'Zombi'...

-Zombi 2: diggin' up the franchise
-Zombi 2: you thought DNF had a long development time?
-Zombi 2: the IP strikes back
-Zombi 2: blast from the past.
-Zombi 2: Ubisoft's latest sequel!
-Zombi (no subtitle...it'll be doing a "mortal kombat"-style reboot)
-Zombi HD survivalfest splatterhouse
-Zombi 2: no more kiddy image (with a large WIIU EXCLUSIVE sticker on the box).
-Zombi 2-screen.
-Zombie: the 'E' stands for 'England'.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IF ANYONE CAN THING OF A BETTER NAME FOR A ZOMBIE GAME ON THE WII U, PLEASE TELL ME!

Off the top of my head... London Calling (if the lawyers can't agree, London Falling is a fine substitution). Also, All Fall Down (which would fit since "ring-around-a-rosie" is often associated with the Great Plague in England).

Unrelated, but this would have been a great subtitle: "The Sun Sets".

Reactions: 2 people

constantgamer247

Pourquoi?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
IF ANYONE CAN THING OF A BETTER NAME FOR A ZOMBIE GAME ON THE WII U, PLEASE TELL ME!

Off the top of my head... London Calling (if the lawyers can't agree, London Falling is a fine substitution). Also, All Fall Down (which would fit since "ring-around-a-rosie" is often associated with the Great Plague in England).

Unrelated, but this would have been a great subtitle: "The Sun Sets".

well ZombieU is probably among the worst names of all time next to the Wii and Wii U, but since they are trying to make a play off of that/play on words; just plain "zUmbie" zombie but with a U instead of an o would have been far better than ZombieU

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse