Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

JaceCearK1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That only happend if you use osscreenexamples or rpc
No, this is the helloworld program inside the examples folder!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Maybe some could try out whether the code works for them, here are binary and loader:

Attachments

• helloworld.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 213

wj44

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No, this is the helloworld program inside the examples folder!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Maybe some could try out whether the code works for them, here are binary and loader:
Try this one. It works on my Wii U!

Attachments

• helloworld.zip
    96.9 KB · Views: 256
  • hello.zip
    96.8 KB · Views: 202

knopex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try this one. It works on my Wii U!

This one works for on my European Wii U, but i get the same messed up screen that JaceCearK1 gets:

I created the helloWorld program and ran it over the network, this happened: View attachment 20490
Does anyone have a clue why this happens?
Maybe I compiled it the wrong way!
(I'm using the latest version of devkitpro/cygwin)

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands

FusionGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been answered (it might be buried in this topic), but does anybody know if it possible to execute the browser exploit from a local network? I don't trust OpenDNS to be 100%reliable (ninja changes of IP address, etc.) so I'd rather have all the unsafe URLs blocked on the router or console. I gather this stop the web browser from accessing the internet, though.

Oh, and I can't imagine any store-bought Wii U would have 5.4. The firmware has bearly been out a week.

You could always use the CCProxy method if you're running Windows. CCProxy doesn't rely on obtaining network IPs. I got IP ninja'd using OpenDNS due to having to unplug my modem. (That magically changes your IP.)

Last edited by FusionGamer,

CosmoCortney

Lawn Meower
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
A quick question of curiosity: Is it possible to replace the game's executable with Cafeiine when being in the Disk Channel and the game is about to launch?

I have found a way to inject custom code into gcn and wii .dol files to execute my own code in the game. As soon as the kernel exploit is out I'd like to try to do this with Wii U game's, too :)

If games can access any protected area in the RAM or of the console console that isn't yet accessible through exploits, could this maybe be useful way?

Reactions: VinsCool

Mathew_Wi

bye
Trophies
XP
Country
A quick question of curiosity: Is it possible to replace the game's executable with Cafeiine when being in the Disk Channel and the game is about to launch?

I have found a way to inject custom code into gcn and wii .dol files to execute my own code in the game. As soon as the kernel exploit is out I'd like to try to do this with Wii U game's, too :)

If games can access any protected area in the RAM or of the console console that isn't yet accessible through exploits, could this maybe be useful way?

I believe NWPlayer123 said that it's impossible to access the code folder (it contains the rpx) right now due to permissions.

Reactions: CosmoCortney

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You could always use the CCProxy method if you're running Windows. CCProxy doesn't rely on obtaining network IPs. I got IP ninja'd using OpenDNS due to having to unplug my modem. (That magically changes your IP.)
Maybe I should add a warning in OpenDNS tutorial that this is NOT safe to rely only on that method. Especially for users with dynamic IPs.
I said it many times in the OpenDNS tutorial thread, but I suppose users rarely read a thread before attempting to follow it.

Edit:
Done.

I also made an official thread where developers can share and ask homebrew informations, like the one we have on 3DS section.
Look in the stickied topics.
I think it will be easier for developers to find homebrew development information in a new thread instead of searching in 350+ pages here.

moops44

Prince of Darkness
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe I should add a warning in OpenDNS tutorial that this is NOT safe to rely only on that method. Especially for users with dynamic IPs.
a warning will be great, and a warning that the config takes about 3 minutes and more to activate, i think most of them just config dns and think ah ok i'm save go online and boom 5.4.0 on the way :nayps3:

Reactions: Cyan

optikalsaint

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most consumer routers, and those provided by American cable Internet providers, have a "Parental Control" feature. You can just add these Nintendo servers to the list of blocked websites/domains that you want to restrict access too. You can usually assign the rules to a specific MAC address on your network or to all devices as a whole. If you did not want to mess around with OpenDNS or building an OpenWrt router this is probably your best course of action (and its less work to manage compared to OpenDNS)

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh! I've found the issue I think, some payloads turned out to be mostly empty. (For HelloWorld and USBstor)
So I double checked and recompiled them, now there should be more of a success rate. :P

http://wiiulib.arndroid.nl/

Edit:
It still isn't perfect, read NWPlayer123's post below.

Last edited by Adr990,
Reactions: VinsCool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/_4oRbWv0veA?si=rOKCuNsE0oUCvEwa