Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

CoolAlpha

Trophies
XP
Country
Now the good news, which should explain the additional delay. I need some time to pursue something I found in the MCP module. If I'm correct about this, we should be able to get a boot-time exploit. The reason for that is that the MCP module is responsible for launching "master" titles (like the PPC kernel, for example) and I found a bug that, if it turns out to be exploitable, should allow to hijack execution while MCP is still preparing to launch stuff. This means, early IOSU access and a direct boot into an exploitable environment. Not to mention that MCP is the IOSU user module with most privileges (next to BSP that is) and having access to it alone is more than enough to own the IOSU kernel at any given time.
I believe it's important to look into this because if it works, no one will have to worry about possibly bricking consoles by installing custom titles (homebrew channel, for example) and then attempting to launch them before triggering the exploit again after a fresh boot.

With that said, if this turns out to be nothing, I'll release the exploit right away.
This means no webkit entrypoint and no port for each firmware is needed?

Last edited by CoolAlpha,

Xinaman

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I belive the first order of bussines is to code some kind of backup plan for the nand.
So if it bricks users without care, they could hardmod it.

Antonio Ricardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You would need a WebKit exploit to initially install the permanent exploit, but after that, you could put in a backdoor (like a Homebrew Channel).

But i remembered that you or hykem said have only a webkit exploit to 5.3.2.
And when you said "permanent" is that Nintendo cant fix with a firmware update?

Last edited by Antonio Ricardo,

tyger

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Every time Hykem posts about this with more unnecessary delays I get more convenced its all a hoax. He is now saying the IOSU hack is done. But wont release it until a seperate better hack is developed, makes very little sense to me.

Reactions: troll and Piluvr

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Every time Hykem posts about this with more unnecessary delays I get more convenced its all a hoax. He is now saying the IOSU hack is done. But wont release it until a seperate better hack is developed, makes very little sense to me.

Yeah, sense is not that common these days. So it's normal if something that makes sense to many of us wouldn't make sense to you :S

triplekiller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So, I've got good news and bad news.
The bad news is that I'm going to postpone the release again. I said this week would be a more realistic release date, but I never confirmed it would happen then. Still, it's not a huge delay and it's definitely not to wait for a new firmware update.
Like I stated before, I have the entire month of January free just to work on this and the exploit will be released and maintained before February (yes, I'm sure of that).
Now the good news, which should explain the additional delay. I need some time to pursue something I found in the MCP module. If I'm correct about this, we should be able to get a boot-time exploit. The reason for that is that the MCP module is responsible for launching "master" titles (like the PPC kernel, for example) and I found a bug that, if it turns out to be exploitable, should allow to hijack execution while MCP is still preparing to launch stuff. This means, early IOSU access and a direct boot into an exploitable environment. Not to mention that MCP is the IOSU user module with most privileges (next to BSP that is) and having access to it alone is more than enough to own the IOSU kernel at any given time.
I believe it's important to look into this because if it works, no one will have to worry about possibly bricking consoles by installing custom titles (homebrew channel, for example) and then attempting to launch them before triggering the exploit again after a fresh boot.

With that said, if this turns out to be nothing, I'll release the exploit right away.

Thats quite impressive to be honest!

I only hope this might enable a better User Base for the Wii-U than it already has.

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@tyger:
I don't agree with you. Obviously he knows very well what he's talking about also hykem is well known in the scene for a long time.
For my part, I am very satisfied with the work done on the Wii U this year 2015 thanks for all your efforts guys.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The bad news is that I'm going to postpone the release again. I said this week would be a more realistic release date, but I never confirmed it would happen then. Still, it's not a huge delay and it's definitely not to wait for a new firmware update.
Like I stated before, I have the entire month of January free just to work on this and the exploit will be released and maintained before February (yes, I'm sure of that).
Still, I'm steadily working on all that's necessary for a proper release and I will be spending the first month of the next year doing maintenance and giving support related to the exploit.
there was no delay.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: hey sylv? do you know why gameyob crashes on the EZP?