Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Happy Birthday man!

EDIT: Considering Marcan didn't include any comments in his code, its going to be very difficult to try to interpret this. Its some sort of python script that's also calling some ASM code to run (must be PowerPC Assembly, logically duh). The ASM code being called cannot be seen in what he posted, but even if it could, I'm not familiar with the PowerPC instruction set just yet, so I wouldn't be much help there. Clearly at the end of the script its displaying "Haxxxxx....." on the screen. This is very basic stuff I'm pulling out of this code of course. I'm not familiar with python, just pulling out what's obvious to me :P.

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly, this is just yet another tease that leads nowhere. Hate to say it, but this is why I don't have high hopes.
This I agree on, for the Wii U scene. The 3DS scene, is virtually non existence for people with 3DS above 4.5. I have no hope for the 3DS scene really, and trying to hang on to that little hope as long as possible for the Wii U scene but so far it proving to very difficult to keep that hope alive. Only time will tell if the scene will be bursting with life or not.

Reactions: Margen67

ztoben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3DS scene, is virtually non existence for people with 3DS above 4.5. I have no hope for the 3DS scene really, and trying to hang on to that little hope as long as possible for the Wii U scene but so far it proving to very difficult to keep that hope alive.

Smealum should hopefully be releasing his 3ds exploit in the coming weeks. So that could change a lot of things for the 3ds scene.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just popping in again to say yeah, it appears to be a script to start up low-level RPC over some bus (probably usb gecko) and dump boot0. Plus everything is imported from other places anyways. The asm might also look neat, but that's just used to change the register that disables boot0 and to loop until boot0 is ready to dump/dumped or something. Nothing exciting.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just popping in again to say yeah, it appears to be a script to start up low-level RPC over some bus (probably usb gecko) and dump boot0. Plus everything is imported from other places anyways. The asm might also look neat, but that's just used to change the register that disables boot0 and to loop until boot0 is ready to dump/dumped or something. Nothing exciting.

Damn.....for a second there, I thought there was something noteworthy, but....just another day in the hacking scene....

Reactions: Margen67

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, I can understand your negativity, but you need to release that hacking the Wii U is no "walk in the park." Not to mentionthatt we all have our own personal lives. This is a hobby for all of us, we do this because its what we love to do and we love to share these efforts with the world. This is done for free mind you.

We're not doing this for profit (like modchip developers) so we do it in our spare time.

I can understand people getting upset, but if your unhappy about the situation, get involved. Even if you're not a programmer, bring whatever skills you do have to help in these efforts. Together as a community, will be able to blow the Wii U wide open!

DragonSky

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Smealum should hopefully be releasing his 3ds exploit in the coming weeks. So that could change a lot of things for the 3ds scene.
He said he won't until the new 3ds in 2015.
I think he will never release it or it is just junk that plays gc, gba and mayby ds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, Welcome back