Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Apostrophe

VIDEO GAMES
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you guys think about the up coming release of Smash Bros. for Wii U? Do you guys think there will be any avenues for exploits from the stage builder, ambiios, or even the USB gamecube controller hook up?

DragonSky

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
What do you guys think about the up coming release of Smash Bros. for Wii U? Do you guys think there will be any avenues for exploits from the stage builder, ambiios, or even the USB gamecube controller hook up?
Let first the WiiU being hacked when it is more dumps will be avalaible.

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Let first the WiiU being hacked when it is more dumps will be avalaible.

I'm confused, are you talking about game dumps? because there are already game dumps on the net, you just gotta know where to look
you don't need a hack to just dump a game, there are ps4 dumps floating around, but no public hack in sight, either...
if you are talking about other dumps, then I'm sorry

stage builder?
nah, I think they learned from their mistakes with the last smash bros
amiibos?
interesting, maybe, but highly unlikely, the data, that will be stored on it, will definitely be encrypted, it would be necessary to crack that enryption AND figure out some flaw in the whole amiibo system to create a buffer overflow, when it loads the data and I'm pretty sure, that even if this theoretically worked, it wouldn't give us IOSU access (duh >.<)
usb controller hook up?
uhm, no

Reactions: Ryanrocks462

DragonSky

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm confused, are you talking about game dumps? because there are already game dumps on the net, you just gotta know where to look
you don't need a hack to just dump a game, there are ps4 dumps floating around, but no public hack in sight, either...
if you are talking about other dumps, then I'm sorry

stage builder?
nah, I think they learned from their mistakes with the last smash bros
amiibos?
interesting, maybe, but highly unlikely, the data, that will be stored on it, will definitely be encrypted, it would be necessary to crack that enryption AND figure out some flaw in the whole amiibo system to create a buffer overflow, when it loads the data and I'm pretty sure, that even if this theoretically worked, it wouldn't give us IOSU access (duh >.<)
usb controller hook up?
uhm, no
I know that there are but I was talking about much more.
Ye even if the WiiU isn't hacked smash will be probably dumped.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope that those on 5.1.2 will get an exploit someday.

Of course they will, nothing is unhackable. At least if its got electricity flowing through it :P. Its only a matter of time, before something comes out for 5.1.2 and any future updates that come out after that. Even if though the current webkit exploit was patched with that firmware, it doesn't really matter because there are a plethora of other well known bugs in the outdated version of webkit that the wii U relies on. Its just going to take a lot of trial and error to find the right exploits that work well in the wii U browser that give homebrewers the results needed. Even if Nintendo hypothetically closed all possible exploits for webkit (not even possible, only in theory), somebody would find yet another exploit somewhere else. Hackers tend to be one step ahead of the game these days (pun intended). I have faith in Marionumber1 Chadderz NWPlayer123 Beans and their whole crew. Not to mention you have Team Trinux working on side stuff as well :P.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/4l3lyXcUDkI?feature=shared&t=43