Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes I'd like to hack my wiiU and no I'm not a pirate.

I hate the way nintendo is treating customers... after so many updates we can't even have a media player!

Sony is doing a much better job with PS4 software, and also offers much better games deals and price cuts.. whereas Nintendo prices don't drop a penny even for old titles.

Reactions: I pwned U!

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
My fu***ng wiiu autoupdated itself (with standby! I havent powered it on for weeks)..
Is there any chance 1) to downgrade or 2) for this exploit or near followings to be usable on 5.4.0 ?
Otherwise I will sell my WiiU and buy another one, what do you think?
Waiting for a reply, thank you
Well, I don't think you need to sell your Wii U, since you updated(like me) your Wii U, You can play some of the newest games that requires you to update.
Eventually, there will be a webkit exploit for 5.4.0 very soon I suppose, and make sure you don't update again cause the kernel is untouched and the kernel exploit should work without making any changes to it. ;)

mashiro21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
around an hour ago, i was playing monster hunter without a care in the world on my wii u. had dinner, then turn on my wii u again, and it just comes up telling me it downloaded the update and it will install it after i tap ok. nope. i turned off my wii u, turned it back on and held b to boot on to wii mode, then went back to wii u mode. it didn't ask me to install the update, then used the browser to go to wj44.bplaced.net and chose the delete update. wii u froze, and it never asked my to update again after i restarted. i'm not sure what did it, but i'm pretty glad the update didn't happen. i also just disconnected my wii u from the net now.

wj44

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
around an hour ago, i was playing monster hunter without a care in the world on my wii u. had dinner, then turn on my wii u again, and it just comes up telling me it downloaded the update and it will install it after i tap ok. nope. i turned off my wii u, turned it back on and held b to boot on to wii mode, then went back to wii u mode. it didn't ask me to install the update, then used the browser to go to wj44.bplaced.net and chose the delete update. wii u froze, and it never asked my to update again after i restarted. i'm not sure what did it, but i'm pretty glad the update didn't happen. i also just disconnected my wii u from the net now.
The remove update shouldn't freeze!

mashiro21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
really? damn. well, it did on mine, and it never bugged me again. and it never will because my wii u isn't connected anymore. lol.

nonamejohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hykem has now access to IOSU syscalls (i'm not sure if i should tell this right now but i feel like the rest of you should know.)
With luck, maybe we'll have something graspable tomorrow, such as keys.
Don't deposit your faith in my words, because it might or might not happen. Scene is unpredictable.
Is there an update on how he is doing with this ? I wonder if he'll chime in on his progress.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes. But ould it be best on PC?

Tell
not really since manny people like myself prefer to play games on the console, on pc you need to buy random hid controllers or console controller adapters not to mention most people have a tiny screen for pc and a big ass TV, and most people dont have the cables to connect the pc to the tv either not to mention the distance, my pc is meter away from the tv and connecting the pc to the tv would mean i would need like a 10 metter connection cables, on a console you already have everything set really since you have controllers tv connection and everything already set, of course pc can do better emulation, but if everyone tough that way we would never have haded homebrew for any console really.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still waiting for the kernel becuase i got some info that with kernel we might easily get the gamepad buttoms working on vwii, which means if the emulator is coded to read those button inputs in the background we could use the gamepad to play games and see the screen in vwii :P
What part about cafe2wii being a Starbuck binary protected by IOSU is unclear :P
EDIT: Also why tf is there 3 pages to read through

AboodXD

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Hey Marionumber1, prove me wrong if I am, but I think I found a way to run backups with exploiting the console(Or maybe so we could remove the region-lock thing):
Since the Wii U formats your USB into a special format, we could make something like WBFS Manager to load(or whatever you call it) that USB and then put WUDs into it, plug your USB back the Wii U, move your game to the system, play it. :D
I HOPE YOU GOT WHAT I MEAN!

Also, I want to mention this:
wikipedia said:
WBFS, or Wii Backup File System, is a file system...................... The titles may then be launched using a Wii USB loader
Wii U Data Management will be our "USB loader" if you get what I mean.. :creep:

Last edited by AboodXD,

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Marionumber1, prove me wrong if I am, but I think I found a way to run backups with exploiting the console(Or maybe so we could remove the region-lock thing):
Since the Wii U formats your USB into a special format, we could make something like WBFS Manager to load(or whatever you call it) that USB and then put WUDs into it, plug your USB back the Wii U, move your game to the system, play it. :D

Per. Console. Storage. Keys.

Reactions: VinsCool

AboodXD

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Per. Console. Storage. Keys.
I.don't.understand.
Also I want to mention this too:
wikipedia said:
Although there is no way to natively load a WBFS partition in a PC environment...................... There are also several applications, such as WBFS managers (Mac OS X, Linux and Windows), that allow the transfer of ISO image files to a WBFS formatted drive.
I earlier said"we could make something like WBFS Manager", and by that I meant we could make a program that "allow the transfer of ISO image WUD files to a WBFS Wii U formatted drive".

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

But what if you want more games. It does have to be reformatted each time you use it on a PC, deleting everything. I was thinking we make homebrew for that, you change the file system on the Wii U (if possible) to a file system compatible with both Wii U and PC (Fat32, NTFS, etc.).

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it's in the Starbuck OTP protected by IOSU and each individual user has to dump their own to decrypt any storage data, which is why Wii U to Wii U transfer tells you any formatted USB drives will no longer work because the key is unable to decrypt it (and the OTP is meant to be unmodified). That's why it's so difficult to do anything, because we have no access yet :\

AboodXD

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
No, it's in the Starbuck OTP protected by IOSU and each individual user has to dump their own to decrypt any storage data, which is why Wii U to Wii U transfer tells you any formatted USB drives will no longer work because the key is unable to decrypt it (and the OTP is meant to be unmodified). That's why it's so difficult to do anything, because we have no access yet :\
Dammit! Does the Wii U has to have a lot encrypted stuff... D:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum