Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

JaceCearK1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So will there be work put into finding another webkit exploit for 5.4.0? Quite some people are updated since they were careless (like me).
Their team got a little bigger just to work on an exploit of 5.4.0, so:
Yes, there will be one for 5.4.0, but it will take more time! ;)

Edit:
But as everytime:
Stop updating future updates until there is confirmation that an exploit exists that works! ;)

JaceCearK1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've got new tests:

http://wiiulib.arndroid.nl/test_7/ (Opens HelloWorld payload 5.3.2 in a new window)
http://wiiulib.arndroid.nl/test_8/ (Two links, without any other file (CSS/Images) loading, but some other HTML)
http://wiiulib.arndroid.nl/test_9/ (Nothing else but the two links)
The HelloWorld doesn't work, looking at the others soon! :)
But really it shouldn't open a new tab. The exploit doesn't really work with more than 1 tabs open! ;)

Edit:
Second also doesn't! :/

Last edited by JaceCearK1,

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
@JaceCearK1 Okay, maybe test_9 would work... but now I doubt it. :P

In the meantime, because of doubt, I also created:
http://wiiulib.arndroid.nl/test_10/

With some PHP and JS combined, to reload the payload page one time when you get there by using:
By default, the reload() method reloads the page from the cache, but you can force it to reload the page from the server by setting theforceGet parameter to true: location.reload(true).

It might work?... :P

Edit: added a fix to test_10 just now... messed something up before.

Last edited by Adr990,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Because some people are on the latest version and 5.3.2 support is useless in the long run.
lol no it isnt, if you get emunand running 5.3.2 it will work perfectly until the end of the wiiu and after...
It seems you dont know how hacking works, if you keep updating your screwed becuase hacks get patched and may take months to find new holes and when they find them 5.5 will already be out and people that coulndt wait to stay on 5.3.2 will be on 5.5 by then and complain about 5.5.0 support when 5.4 as being worked. this will be like this until nintendo completely drops the wiiu for good.

Its much more important to get 5.3.2 stable before doing anything else, becuase making this stable will allow homebrew devs to start making stuff so when they start looking into 5.4.0 some good homebrew might already be in development.

JaceCearK1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@JaceCearK1 Okay, maybe test_9 would work... but now I doubt it. :P

In the meantime, because of doubt, I also created:
http://wiiulib.arndroid.nl/test_10/

With some PHP and JS combined, to reload the payload page one time when you get there by using:

It might work?... :P

Edit: added a fix to test_10 just now... messed something up before.
The HelloWorld button gives a 404 error, did you forget to add it? :P
The usbstor freezes.
Pong freezes.
Template also freezes.

The button-press recognition works, but you should do it as icons, the pop-ups are a little annoying! ;)

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
lol no it isnt, if you get emunand running 5.3.2 it will work perfectly until the end of the wiiu and after...
It seems you dont know how hacking works, if you keep updating your screwed becuase hacks get patched and may take months to find new holes and when they find them 5.5 will already be out and people that coulndt wait to stay on 5.3.2 will be on 5.5 by then and complain about 5.5.0 support when 5.4 as being worked.
Well, you're not supposed to tell me "how a hacking scene works" but Nintendo will drop support for the Wii U any time soon so another exploit is unevadable.

Adr990

Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
The HelloWorld button gives a 404 error, did you forget to add it? :P
The usbstor freezes.
Pong freezes.
Template also freezes.

The button-press recognition works, but you should do it as icons, the pop-ups are a little annoying! ;)
The tests are only meant for HelloWorld on 5.3.2 atm. No need for the others.

http://wiiulib.arndroid.nl/test_10/brew/helloworld/index.php When I click on it I get redirected to that page just fine? (on test_10)

And you mean the B/X buttons? Those give a alert, indeed, otherwise they don't work correctly, I could just remove that feature.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I understand that people already in 5.4 want 5.4 to be working, but there's still a lot of work to get 5.3.2 support stable first. It's great job by the devs and I'm really pleased to finally see it all working, but people are going to have to be patient in the meantime. We can't assume that 5.4 support is coming.

I suggest people take extra caution to avoid updating. I use CCProxy because I trust it more than OpenDNS, but even then I don't trust it 100%. I make a point of deleting my internet settings on my Wii U everytime I turn the console off, and also power it down at the plug socket. Why? It removes the risk of background updating and also forces me to check my IP address etc. are correct (because I have to re-add the settings every time). Sure, it's a pain. But it's the safest way to avoid updating.

I'm actually baffled that so many people's consoles updated in the background. Nobody thought to unplug their console to be safe? Buy one of those multiplugs that let you switch off individual plug sockets.

Last edited by sj33,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, you're not supposed to tell me "how a hacking scene works" but Nintendo will drop support for the Wii U any time soon so another exploit is unevadable.
The nx was even revelead and they stated only on 2016 it will be revealed and i bet they will only announce it next year at e3,then it will be alot of months to be released so yeah wiiu still has 1 year and half of life at minimum imo so that leaves alot of time for more firmwares to be released.

Everyone that wants to keep online must do so on their own risk you cant expect for the devs to find a hack on every firmware from now on when they havent even finished with the previous one, let them get stability first and homebrew scene running.

JaceCearK1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@sj33 Nearly every (WLAN-)Router has a built in blacklist functionality, I don't get why people don't use it! :P

@Adr990
_404.png

Reactions: Adr990

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Everyone that wants to keep online must do so on their own risk you cant expect for the devs to find a hack on every firmware from now on when they havent even finished with the previous one, let them get stability first and homebrew scene running.
It's not for me to decide, but given that so much work is required for to make new exploits then they should be saved for major firmware updates (rather than the incremental 5.4 update), or even wait until the final update.

Adr990

Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Crashes now! :(
The helloworld works for me!

Now it's gonna get real... :P
Can you guys test test_10 again, or anyone else at 5.3.2? Seems mixed right now...

Good to know it's working for at least somebody now. :)

Edit:
Then again, 5.3.2 is unstable according to the LibWiiU Team.

Reactions: VinsCool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig...