Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, that's definitely possible, but my point is that once we get that far as to loading a brand new RPX/RPLs and can load files fast enough (meaning getting USB working), we'd basically have a backup loader. Of course I'm not interested in going that far, that takes all the fun out of it :P

So... *scratches head* would something like Newer be possible with ONLY the kernel exploit, or would it require an IOSU exploit?? Sorry if I sound incompetent, but the way you're saying it could be taken both ways :P

Reactions: Margen67

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... *scratches head* would something like Newer be possible with ONLY the kernel exploit, or would it require an IOSU exploit?? Sorry if I sound incompetent, but the way you're saying it could be taken both ways :P

Yes, it would. We can access and replace all code for the game, along with all files. It's just a matter of making it easy to access and use :P

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I always figured you downloaded the Nintendo Land backup and changed those files and caffeine loaded them from your computer to the Nintendo Land Disk in your wiiu. But you do all these game mods with out the backup files?

The entire point of Cafiine is that you can replace individual files without having to have a copy of the entire game's files.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I always figured you downloaded the Nintendo Land backup and changed those files and caffeine loaded them from your computer to the Nintendo Land Disk in your wiiu. But you do all these game mods with out the backup files?

Oh, no, I still have the extracted files from the WUD I got forever ago, but I can just as easily rip them with TCPGecko :P

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, no, I still have the extracted files from the WUD I got forever ago, but I can just as easily rip them with TCPGecko :P

When I said change the files in Nintendo Land to make it a entirely different game. I just meant it as a slight against the game. But to make it an entirely different game wouldn't make any sense I suppose because caffeine is intended to actually change little things. It uses the wiipad as a gyroscopic viewfinder thing though right? I bet there could something cool to make with whatever is in Nintendo Land. Not meant seriously bother making a new game out of it though.

Edit : is it gyroscopic or accelerromic?

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder if waninkoko will suddenly reappear on the scene once IOSU exploit goes public and develops a USB loader similar to what he did with team tweezers work from Wii days...

The final hurdle will be defeating the loader ...if f0f didn't manage that.

Interesting days are coming for The Wii U that's for sure.

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Can anyone give me an idea about an hypothetical cheat app? How is going to work?
Is it necessary to have a) a new Wii U HBC to start the app and load the codes or b) while in-game start the internet browser,type an address and from there load a code or scan a QR code?

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Will the kernel exploit have enough permissions to load discs from a different region? Or will region free require an IOSU exploit?

I can't answer for certain, but if the kernel exploit allows memory patching, it could be possible if the region is accessible. Meaning individual games would need patches. But that is a long shot, hardly seen today. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the area that would need modified is actually behind the IOSU wall though, mostly because it probably works on the device level.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.