Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
http://en-americas-support.nintendo...ernal-storage-devices-can-be-used-with-wii-u?

What External Storage Devices Can Be Used With Wii U?

Applies to: Wii U Deluxe, Wii U Basic
The Wii U systems offer internal storage for game save data and downloadable software and you can expand the storage memory by connecting an external USB-linked hard disc drive.
To ensure maximum performance between your Wii U and an external storage device, we recommend using a hard-disc drive (HDD) with a dedicated power source (i.e., using an A/C adapter). Due to the wide range of external storage devices, usability and performance will vary.
Nintendo cannot guarantee the availability of all models. Please visit the websites listed below for information on each manufacture's latest models.

directly from nintendo website

Reactions: jammybudga777

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Apparently 5.4.0 may be coming out very soon(IE in the next day or two). If you're connected to the internet I'd advise turning off auto-updates ASAP until we can verify it's okay to update. I don't like the looks of it at all.
I'm all set up with OpenDNS and my Wii U already blocked some updates. (X mark on the Download app)
5.4.0 COME AT ME!!!

What are the rumours as to what might come from 5.4.0?

Reactions: Margen67

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"A special private patch is required in order to enable both networking features and the JIT compiler. In order to use the private patch a security design review is necessary. Please see the Wii U Version Table for the security review requirements and request format."
How'd you find out.

It's always a good idea to have inside sources :P

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently 5.4.0 may be coming out very soon(IE in the next day or two). If you're connected to the internet I'd advise turning off auto-updates ASAP until we can verify it's okay to update. I don't like the looks of it at all.

Wouldn't you know it. :angry: Just before the 5.3.2 exploit is released.

EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
Wouldn't you know it. :angry: Just before the 5.3.2 exploit is released.

Uuuh! Did I hear 5.3.2? Awesome!

Oh and thanks btw. for the auto update warning, instantly turned that crap off.

EDIT: Eh, just to (secure) ask again, you can't only turn updates off right? You have to use the "Automatic Download" option from the settings?

Reactions: Fpsrussia117

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uuuh! Did I hear 5.3.2? Awesome!

Oh and thanks btw. for the auto update warning, instantly turned that crap off.

EDIT: Eh, just to (secure) ask again, you can't only turn updates off right? You have to use the "Automatic Download" option from the settings?
Wipe out all wifi settings and dont plug it in via ethernet, thats you're absolute safest bet

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country

any idea's if there is gonna be new features in this update? obviously security is more then likely the main thing being changed

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any idea's if there is gonna be new features in this update? obviously security is more then likely the main thing being changed

No idea other then what I quoted above.

Also, Webkit exploit should also be working in the next few days, so look forward to that :)

JorgeSalgado

Trophies
XP
Things are getting hectic around here! People with a "X" close to the download manager don't have to worry about the upcoming update? I'm on 5.3.2 and I really don't wanna miss out on the exploit...

Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Guess Amazon is ditching Alexa for Rufus lol